Secret to shaping up

MartinD said:
Breathe - thats the answer

Between sets the best thing is to try to relax and take plenty of breaths. Your body is burning a mix of chemicals and also some oxygen and chemicals. These build up a residual of by-products and breathing clears them. The pain felt intra exercise is usually these chemicals (stuff like pyruvic acid, which your body is trying to recycle) . Post exercise is different.

Look at a 100m runner - they run for just 9.5 seconds and then breathe deeply. Try counting with each breath both in and out (say count to 5 on each in/out) will relax you too.

We never lack for the sound technical answers from you Martin; thanks!

Right i am off for a swing, done my chores so now can do what I please :)
Going to complete a 15min body blast followed by abs, which when done will see me with a face pack on resting on the couch lol

Be afraid Trimlee, be very afraid. Its going to get worse I've just finished a couple of books on neuro linguistic programming and I've got ideas on how to use it for weight loss... ;-)

We never lack for the sound technical answers from you Martin; thanks!

Decided NOT to ease myself in gently and have just completed r3 wk1 core followed by resistance :)

Must say I found it tough and my strength has dropped as I found some moves difficult which, before my little break, I was doing pretty easily. Hopefully my strength will improve quickly and I'll be able to trade in my 7.5 kg for a heavier bell :)

Must say I feel really energised after that, the thought of doing it is always worse than actually doing it!!

It's good to be back :)

Is anyone else on round 3?? Would be good to have a r3 buddy :)

Do you guys calorie count your diet or do you just try to eat sensibly?

I just try to eat sensibly although I'm better some days than others :)I started off using slimming world so I kind of use the SW principles as a basis for my healthy eating.

Bloody hell there's a fair bit of swinging being done today. I shall re-name today "Swingers Saturday"!! :)

Picklednut and Nicole - I follow Weight Watchers. If you look under the pics on people's posts most folk put if they are following WW or Slimming World etc. I started on the bells 15 weeks after I began on WW and had just lost 2 stone at that point so I don't put my weight loss completely down to KW but its certainly a massive help and keeping my weight loss steady. Hope this info's useful. :)

Hi all posting in here after seeing chickadee83's photos - amazing!!

I have never used Kettlebells before but after seeing them photos and some other people have praised them I wanna give it a blast. Can anybody recommend a kettlebell dvd that isnt expensive? I was going to buy this kettlebell Star Shaper Kettlebell - 5kg | Fitness Training | ASDA direct but if anybody can recommend a better one go for it :D

Hi all posting in here after seeing chickadee83's photos - amazing!!

I have never used Kettlebells before but after seeing them photos and some other people have praised them I wanna give it a blast. Can anybody recommend a kettlebell dvd that isnt expensive? I was going to buy this kettlebell Star Shaper Kettlebell - 5kg | Fitness Training | ASDA direct but if anybody can recommend a better one go for it :D

Hiya and welcome,
I'd recommend the Kettlebell from tesco, not only is it cheaper but being cast iron it is smaller and less bulky than the asda one the 5Kg is £6.66 at the moment x

I couldn't get any kb's in my local tesco - so I've given up trying to source these locally and have just placed an order with Kettleworx for the 6 dvd set and a 10lb bell :eek:

My OH is buying this as a birthday gift (that goodness) and I know it's because he knows how unhappy I am with me at the moment.

I think the 10lb bell might start off being a bit heavy at first, but follow everyone's advice, I've decided to go with this rather than the 5lb one which might only be good for a few weeks.

I can't wait until the order arrives now and I can get 'swinging' with the rest of you. So, once again - that you all for your marvellous contributions to this thread and I look forward to joining you soon :)

Suseka said:
I couldn't get any kb's in my local tesco - so I've given up trying to source these locally and have just placed an order with Kettleworx for the 6 dvd set and a 10lb bell :eek:

My OH is buying this as a birthday gift (that goodness) and I know it's because he knows how unhappy I am with me at the moment.

I think the 10lb bell might start off being a bit heavy at first, but follow everyone's advice, I've decided to go with this rather than the 5lb one which might only be good for a few weeks.

I can't wait until the order arrives now and I can get 'swinging' with the rest of you. So, once again - that you all for your marvellous contributions to this thread and I look forward to joining you soon :)

Brilliant Suseka, hope you find it as exciting and rewarding as it really is. Looking forward to your start vert soon :)

PS: couldn't get Kb's in my local Tescos eirher and not even in my non-local Tescos! Will try Argos for my 7.5kg

Donzy84 said:
Hiya and welcome,
I'd recommend the Kettlebell from tesco, not only is it cheaper but being cast iron it is smaller and less bulky than the asda one the 5Kg is £6.66 at the moment x

Hi Donzy, where did you get that lovely pink kettle bell, please tell?!

Hi Suseka - what a lovely boyfriend! :) You should be swinging by next weekend!

My Tescos had some bells left but I noticed they had moved them to an end and bunged a load of other fitness equipment offers on it as well.

Thanks for the info on the kettlebell, I can order online and get it delivered to my local Tesco by Tuesday :)

Can anyone recommend any dvds for beginners? I really cant afford the kettleworx ones at the moment

Try youtube, there is lots of videos giving techniques.

Well I'm being very lazy and still waiting to start round 2. I'll get there :) x

Martin hope you share your findings and good tips for weight loss and boosting bmr :)

Cleogin hope your enjoying and focusing on your target :)

Chick good going since you haven't swung for a few weeks. Your strength will rebuild quite quickly, it's great to have you back :)

Hi Ames check my signature for links to cheap DVDs I agree with Donzy in that metal bells are much easier to handle, hope you find your bell and DVD and start swinging :)

Suseka oh needs big hugs :) you will be ok with the 10lb, it will feel heavy and awkward for a couple of goes but you soon get the hang of it :)

Joanne hope you get your swing back :)

I had a good swing session today but have blown it by going out for a meal lol so looks like I will be swinging tomorrow :)

:( It was my step-sons 9th birthday party yesterday and I ate hot dogs, burgers, chips, crisps, chocolate, cake.

BAD ME!

Phew! Morning All - wk2 Advanced Cardio done. Sweated buckets but glad to see my old friend the Kettlebell hold back. Was only demonstrating it to Mr Sue yesterday with a 4 pack of 2litre bottles of water! Even replayed the commentary "Go to a Happy Place" and "Look at Andy and Jamie"!! I'm sure he thinks I've lost the plot :)

Roll on Tuesday and Core. Hope everyone has a good day.

Well done, Sue - you're really spurring me on - can't wait for my Kettleworx dvds to arrive!

Back