Secret to shaping up

Donzy84 said:
Never heard of that, but maybe with the muscle firming up underneath it gives the impression of being more wobbly? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When the muscle strengthens the fat still sits on top of it and therefore can become more noticeable and protrudes.

With regular workouts and a mix of cardio it will eventually burn itself away :) xx

Well I couldn't get there at the weekend so have just picked up my kb from Tesco's. Was (pleasantly) surprised at how small it is, despite being heavy (5kg). Have had a few practise swings and just waiting for my DVD now.

Pandora87 said:
When the muscle strengthens the fat still sits on top of it and therefore can become more noticeable and protrudes.

With regular workouts and a mix of cardio it will eventually burn itself away :) xx

OK no easy answer there; I'll just keep working at it. I have now added 30 mins interval workouts on the stat bike on my alternate non-KW days; so I hope this jiggle goes away soon!
And good news: yes I can feel a bit of muscle tone building in my arms -yay! :D

Shirleen said:
Mine did loosen somewhat so yes did get jiggly

I'm comforted lol :)

It could also be that the fat is gone, you may not notice it on the scales as you may have swapped fat for muscle, the wobbly bit could be skin, that has 28 day cycles so it may take a while to snap back!

wirralmum said:
Well I couldn't get there at the weekend so have just picked up my kb from Tesco's. Was (pleasantly) surprised at how small it is, despite being heavy (5kg). Have had a few practise swings and just waiting for my DVD now.

Good for you -got your new kb! I suspect that there are now more than a few new kb enthusiasts this January, what with New Year's weight loss resolutions and all, and they've nearly bought out all the kb stock all over the place :eek: !
I have been looking for a 7.5kg in the sales but none so far.
oAldi: not got the previously advertised 7.5kg ones (and for £8 or so)
oArgos: not in stock (7.5kg on sale for £15)
oCostco: have a set of 3 for about £40
oTesco: have the 7.5kg but for £20
oSports world: have a 6kg and a 9kg but no 7.5kg!

Good for you -got your new kb! I suspect that there are now more than a few new kb enthusiasts this January, what with New Year's weight loss resolutions and all, and they've nearly bought out all the kb stock all over the place :eek: !
I have been looking for a 7.5kg in the sales but none so far.
oAldi: not got the previously advertised 7.5kg ones (and for £8 or so)
oArgos: not in stock (7.5kg on sale for £15)
oCostco: have a set of 3 for about £40
oTesco: have the 7.5kg but for £20
oSports world: have a 6kg and a 9kg but no 7.5kg!

Oh no! Sold out everywhere. I tried my local Argos as well, they were also sold out there and for the next nearest three stores!:eek:

I was lucky to get that Tesco's one - going to do a bit of a YouTube workout this afternoon ;)

I'm having a kb rest day today can anyone suggest a nice 30 minutes cardio exercise?

I'm considering buying an exercise bike, good idea or not?

Well that is week 1 resistance done & my shoulder held out!!! I will no doubt be feeling the burn tomorrow but really enjoyed getting back into it again. Would love to say that I'm looking forward to the next one but its week 1 cardio & I will never look forward to it!!!!! lol

NicoleW said:
I'm having a kb rest day today can anyone suggest a nice 30 minutes cardio exercise?

I'm considering buying an exercise bike, good idea or not?

Hi Nicole, in warm weather for cardio I love a good bike ride or a walk/jog. In colder weather the exercise bike suits me fine. It can be rather boring so to liven it up and increase the intensity a bit too, I am doing an interval programme on it! I downloaded an app called Interval Runner which includes C25K and lets you have your own playlist on in the background with voice prompts to walk or run (cycle moderately or fast in this case). I am now doing this on alternate days with Kettleworx.

sweet pink said:
Well that is week 1 resistance done & my shoulder held out!!! I will no doubt be feeling the burn tomorrow but really enjoyed getting back into it again. Would love to say that I'm looking forward to the next one but its week 1 cardio & I will never look forward to it!!!!! lol

Well done Sweet Pink! Don't worry once Wk 1 cardio is out of the way it's plain sailing (well, sorta!)

Everyone is doing fantastic :)

MY BF bought me a new KB for my birthday on Wednesday, yay! It is a plastic coated one on offer in Sainsburys, since aldis never had the metal ones! :)

Well done Sweet Pink! Don't worry once Wk 1 cardio is out of the way it's plain sailing (well, sorta!)

Don't worry I know its definitely the worst session of the whole programme. I kind of thought that 2nd time roud it might not have been as bad but it was every bit!!! I'm sure nothing has changed 3rd time round!!! lol

I bought my 5kg kettlebell from tesco today so just need a DVD now! Any reviews on the kettlercise DVDs? X

I bought my 5kg kettlebell from tesco today so just need a DVD now! Any reviews on the kettlercise DVDs? X

Hi,

I got the Kettlercise for Women dvd for xmas. It has 2 dvd's in the pack. On disc 1 there is the intro and instruction, a 50 minute full body programm (with warm up and cool down) and a guide by the instructor, Guy Noble, on how to best set up a weekly schedule of workouts. Disc 2 has a 20 minute programme and also an 8 minute ab workout.

I started off with a 5 lb kettlebell but have just bought a 10 lb one. I emailed Kettlercise website with a query about the dvd after I purchased it and got an email from Guy Noble himself - very impressed with that!

Can't compare it to Kettleworx as this is the first dvd I have bought - but it does work as I walked and felt like I was 90 years old the day after my first workout and I am a regular gym and personal trainer user!

If you checkout the kettlercise website you can see videos of the workouts. Also, there are plenty of Guy Noble clips on youtube.

Lindylou x

ps Only started kettlebelling after reading this thread before xmas so thankyou girls for the introduction - already seeing great results!

Thanks for replying lindylou :) seems all the good kettlebell dvds are so expensive ha, will go and watch a few videos now.

Someone on another forum recommended Lauren Brooks, again which is expensive!

Hi all
Lots to catch up on :D

ames the Kettlercise is a good dvd, and is the main kb class available, when you can find them! i do not have it, but there is instruction on how to do the moves, and i believe the workout is 45-50mins. I would recommend it
Please dont get the power Body dvd, if you want I will suggest alternative titles if you dont get the Kettlercise one, and £15 for the kw fast abs seems a bit steep!

Sweet great to hear your shoulder was ok, always a bit worrying after an injury. Haha your going to have grit your teeth when you pop cardio week 1 in lol

cjeb good to hear from you, Christmas has been awful lol You will most probably have undone some of your work if you have been off plan food and exercise wise for a little while. On the positive side, although it may feel hard (and ouchy) for the first couple of sessions, you regain your tone and form quite quickly :)

Joanne Happy Birthday :) can you just not wait to use it lol how are you getting on, swinging mojo a bit low?

Trimlee the jiggles will go :) not looked into this, but had it myself, and as long as food is good it will disappear. Its great starting to see the difference, i never used to wear short sleeves, but any excuse now lol

Nicole there are loads of cardio type exercises what do you like, zumba, aerobics, running, cycling? Hope you get your scratched dvd sorted, you confused me lol

Wirralmum how did you get on with your practice

Shirleen, Gettingfit thanks for the link I hadnt realised he had done a part 2 so will watch those later lol

Chelsea how are you getting on, so close to the end :)

Donzy it is a great way to understand what you have acheived. At class we passed around a bag that weighed a stone and it felt really heavy. its hard to imagine what we used to carry about

Sue wow imagine strapping those on you and going about your daily life!!!! I bet Mr Sue thinks youve gone a bit mad lol

Chick well you did do two sets in one go lol Hope your aches ease and your looking to get cardio week 1 done and dusted :)

Hi Lindylou thanks for the kettlercise review, it is a good workout :) keep us updated on how your getting on shrinking

It has been really good catching up especially as Mr Kron has shaken the house completing cardio week 1 upstairs lol
I will be having a swing later. TV has been taken over by guys cos its got football on tonight!!!!

sweet pink said:
Don't worry I know its definitely the worst session of the whole programme. I kind of thought that 2nd time roud it might not have been as bad but it was every bit!!! I'm sure nothing has changed 3rd time round!!! lol

Evening swingers,

Nice to hear more people are getting into kettlebells but there is defo a shortage, I've been trying to find a 9kg in the sale to no avail( not that I'll be ready to use it for a while...)

Sweet pink, I'm glad you're also on round 3 I've been looking for a r3 buddy :) when are you planning on doing the dreaded cardio? I'm thinking tomorrow...Not looking forward to it one bit but will be glad to get it out the way!

Kron, I know I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm still hurting today lol oh no didn't realise footy was on tonight, hope bf doesn't know...;)

Happy swinging folks :)

Back