Secret to shaping up

cjeb456 said:
Well ive had 3 lazy, glutonous weeks off and now im bk :)

Did week 6 cardio yest and wow am I hurting today!!

Just wanted to ask tho... Becuase ive had 3 weeks off is it like im starting all over again, have I wiped out wks 1-5? :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey cjeb,

I also had a few weeks off and I've just started from where i left off!! It does feel a bit like starting over, feel like my strength has gone a bit but hoping it'll come back quickly :) good luck with the restart :)

Ouu I might go for the kettlercise next... Don't fancy doing a 40min workout though!!! How much is it? X

Donzy84 said:
Ouu I might go for the kettlercise next... Don't fancy doing a 40min workout though!!! How much is it? X

I quite fancy it too donzy, would also be interested to know the price. I'd prob end up only doing it once a week though at 40 mins lol I'm a lazy bones! Lol. Might be a nice change though!

Evening swingers,

Nice to hear more people are getting into kettlebells but there is defo a shortage, I've been trying to find a 9kg in the sale to no avail( not that I'll be ready to use it for a while...)

Sweet pink, I'm glad you're also on round 3 I've been looking for a r3 buddy :) when are you planning on doing the dreaded cardio? I'm thinking tomorrow...Not looking forward to it one bit but will be glad to get it out the way!

Kron, I know I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm still hurting today lol oh no didn't realise footy was on tonight, hope bf doesn't know...;)

Happy swinging folks :)

Hi Chick,

Great to have a round 3 buddy!!!! :D

I'm planning to do Resistance on mondays, the dreaded cardio on Wednesdays & core on Fridays!!!! So the dreaded cardio is next :mad: Will be sooo glad to get that one out of the way though!!!

Have you started again yet?

Hi all
Lots to catch up on :D

ames the Kettlercise is a good dvd, and is the main kb class available, when you can find them! i do not have it, but there is instruction on how to do the moves, and i believe the workout is 45-50mins. I would recommend it
Please dont get the power Body dvd, if you want I will suggest alternative titles if you dont get the Kettlercise one, and £15 for the kw fast abs seems a bit steep!

Sweet great to hear your shoulder was ok, always a bit worrying after an injury. Haha your going to have grit your teeth when you pop cardio week 1 in lol

cjeb good to hear from you, Christmas has been awful lol You will most probably have undone some of your work if you have been off plan food and exercise wise for a little while. On the positive side, although it may feel hard (and ouchy) for the first couple of sessions, you regain your tone and form quite quickly :)

Joanne Happy Birthday :) can you just not wait to use it lol how are you getting on, swinging mojo a bit low?

Trimlee the jiggles will go :) not looked into this, but had it myself, and as long as food is good it will disappear. Its great starting to see the difference, i never used to wear short sleeves, but any excuse now lol

Nicole there are loads of cardio type exercises what do you like, zumba, aerobics, running, cycling? Hope you get your scratched dvd sorted, you confused me lol

Wirralmum how did you get on with your practice

Shirleen, Gettingfit thanks for the link I hadnt realised he had done a part 2 so will watch those later lol

Chelsea how are you getting on, so close to the end :)

Donzy it is a great way to understand what you have acheived. At class we passed around a bag that weighed a stone and it felt really heavy. its hard to imagine what we used to carry about

Sue wow imagine strapping those on you and going about your daily life!!!! I bet Mr Sue thinks youve gone a bit mad lol

Chick well you did do two sets in one go lol Hope your aches ease and your looking to get cardio week 1 done and dusted :)

Hi Lindylou thanks for the kettlercise review, it is a good workout :) keep us updated on how your getting on shrinking

It has been really good catching up especially as Mr Kron has shaken the house completing cardio week 1 upstairs lol
I will be having a swing later. TV has been taken over by guys cos its got football on tonight!!!!

Looking forward to using it in round 2 Kron, its very low atm. More just being lazy and not just pushing myself to get on with it! Need to finished week 6 still on ..week 10? lol well maybe not that much but thats how it feels. Once I get this out of the road
Im sure I will have my mojo back.

I quite fancy it too donzy, would also be interested to know the price. I'd prob end up only doing it once a week though at 40 mins lol I'm a lazy bones! Lol. Might be a nice change though!

Just had an ogle on google and cheapest i can find it is £24.99, typical the the blokes one is cheaper!!!

Good for you -got your new kb! I suspect that there are now more than a few new kb enthusiasts this January, what with New Year's weight loss resolutions and all, and they've nearly bought out all the kb stock all over the place :eek: !
I have been looking for a 7.5kg in the sales but none so far.
oAldi: not got the previously advertised 7.5kg ones (and for £8 or so)
oArgos: not in stock (7.5kg on sale for £15)
oCostco: have a set of 3 for about £40
oTesco: have the 7.5kg but for £20
oSports world: have a 6kg and a 9kg but no 7.5kg!

Sainsburys have an 7.5kg one for £9 if that's any good? They've got it in store and on their website. Here's the web link: Body Sculpture 7.5kg Kettlebell - Body sculpture - Health & Fitness - Sport & leisure - Sainsbury’s

cjeb456 said:
Well ive had 3 lazy, glutonous weeks off and now im bk :)

Did week 6 cardio yest and wow am I hurting today!!

Just wanted to ask tho... Becuase ive had 3 weeks off is it like im starting all over again, have I wiped out wks 1-5? :( xxx

I was just about to post the same question. I missed the last 2 DVDs from week 6 and don't know wether to start all over again or do the last 2 from week 6?

There are a couple of used Kettlercise up for bidding on ebay if thats any help

thanks for the link caroline, are you thinking of joining the swingers club :)

Joanne I hope you get swinging again, it is difficult when your routine flies out of the window to try and get back into it, but it is so worth it :)

Hi Susie, hows you.
When you have had a break you can choose whether to carry on from where you left off, or start again. It is going to feel tough but it all comes back really quickly. the important thing is starting!

Kron said:
Hi Susie, hows you.
When you have had a break you can choose whether to carry on from where you left off, or start again. It is going to feel tough but it all comes back really quickly. the important thing is starting!

Hi Kron.
Ive had 3 weeks roughly off with a stomach bug and then Yuletide goodies but have found it difficult to get in the zone so I have finally made the decision to start again tomorrow and get back onto weight watchers. I've already planned my food tomorrow and will now do wk 6 cardio. I've gained about 6lbs and feel really sluggish even though I've cut back the eating this week and walked 10 miles over 2 days.
xxx

Chelsea how are you getting on, so close to the end :)

Kron, I have just done week 6 cardio tonight....half killed me :D I should have completed week 6 yesterday but have had a rough few days. A lot of stress and worry and a stomach upset through it all, plus couldn't eat over the weekend. I will try and do Resistance on Wednesday then weigh and measure on Thursday morning and report in.

Everyone is going well and lots of new kettlebellers...how fab? You must be so chuffed with what you have started here ;):D

xxxx

Susie great to hear your getting back on track food and exercise wise, you know you will feel better :)

Chelsea hope things settle down for you, its not good when you dont eat and have alot on your mind! Week 6 nearly done :) focus on you and how great your going to look and feel by sticking to plan.
It is great that others take up swinging ;) but with proven results who wouldnt lol

Just did swinging there, core that nearly killed me. Liked the yellow ribbon ties though, they were easy peasy! Onto week 6, need to focus! I want to use my new shiney :)

And I might be joining a kettlecise class with a friend next week x

Joanne :) yeah got it done, hope its the start of many more
Class is soo good, tough but it works you!

I miss class, and hope to be able to go back soon, wont be for a month at least, so will be back using my 8 when I do go lol

ames :) fantastic, you will be swinging in no time, amazon is pretty quick with their shipping

sweet pink said:
Hi Chick,

Great to have a round 3 buddy!!!! :D

I'm planning to do Resistance on mondays, the dreaded cardio on Wednesdays & core on Fridays!!!! So the dreaded cardio is next :mad: Will be sooo glad to get that one out of the way though!!!

Have you started again yet?

Yes I have done core and resistance week 1 so just leaves the dreaded one :) I did them both at the weekend and I'm still feeling the burn! cardio tonight for me, will let you know how it goes :) yuk!

Back