Secret to shaping up

Just done week 2 cardio, this is my 3rd round.... I've done the shred twice and run 3 times a week and yet cardio NEVER gets any easier for me!!
I hate hate hate " I can feel my cardio being challenged" poke it Ryan lol!!!

At least it's done.... I dread to think what cardio will be like on my advanced when I move on to them at the end if this 6 week set!

That made me giggle!!!! :D

Has anyone used the cardio etc DVDs and the fast ab or fast fat burner DVDs? I know the fast ab and fast fat burner DVDs are 10 minutes and the other DVDs are 20 minutes. Would 20 minutes of the fast ab and fast fat burner DVDs be the same, easier or harder than 20 minutes of the other ones? If that makes sense!

I have done the fast abs & fast fat burn. I thought they were more intense than the normal 20 minute ones & more targetted. The planks in the fast abs felt like they went on forever & from what I can remember each exercise last longer/had more reps. Its been a couple of months since I done them but they are definitely worth doing

They're the only ones that I've got at the moment, I want to get the full set though. But, I can do these, but I do find that they're a struggle. Especially the planks! I think it's just the doing the same intense move for 10 minutes so was wondering whether I'd be able to make it through 20 minutes of the other ones. I've got a couple of other KB DVDs that are 20 minutes and I can do them so maybe. Is just a lot to spend to find out that I'm useless!

Just done week 2 cardio, this is my 3rd round.... I've done the shred twice and run 3 times a week and yet cardio NEVER gets any easier for me!!
I hate hate hate " I can feel my cardio being challenged" poke it Ryan lol!!!

At least it's done.... I dread to think what cardio will be like on my advanced when I move on to them at the end if this 6 week set!

Hiya - well I've done the first two cardios on advanced and they are not too bad. Nothing can ever compare to wk1 on the standard one. :eek:

:( I only managed 10 minutes of resistence, suppose I could do another 10 minutes tomorrow.

11/01 - 10 minutes of resistence
12/01 - 20 minute power walk
13/01 - 20 minute core
14/01 - 20 minute power walk
15/01 - rest

And that's my plan for the week

I do yoga/pilates pretty much every day now. I always thought that it was a bail out type exercise, where I could convince myself I was great for doing 20 minutes without really doing anything but I'm a convert now! It's actually pretty good, definitely something that's worth doing but probably alongside other exercise.

Got my Kelly Holmes KB from Tesco today. Used it as 4kg and could feel it a lot more than I could using 5kg for the first time on Sunday, think 4kg definitely works better for me now, 5kg would be a bit much of a struggle.

Has anyone used the cardio etc DVDs and the fast ab or fast fat burner DVDs? I know the fast ab and fast fat burner DVDs are 10 minutes and the other DVDs are 20 minutes. Would 20 minutes of the fast ab and fast fat burner DVDs be the same, easier or harder than 20 minutes of the other ones? If that makes sense!

I had a week between rounds 2 and 3 were I decided to take a break and do the Fast Abs and Fast Fat Burn. Did them back to back each time and I thought I was going to die! So much for taking a break. I was almost pleased to do Wk1 Cardio after that!!

If you can do them both back to back them you can breeze the normal sessions. :)

Hiya - well I've done the first two cardios on advanced and they are not too bad. Nothing can ever compare to wk1 on the standard one. :eek:

Thanks Sue... I'm doing that tomorrow :mad:

Hi all

Had an amazingly crap busy day at work, so glad it's over

Loads of swinging and keeping on track, keep it up :)

Martin, I have moved AOS Newport up my wish list thanks for your review on it. I do like Providence but it is a bit 'flat', it does what it says tho!

Caroline as they are short workouts so they are a bit more intense than the 20 mins. KW is for beginners and most of us really struggled to start. You can make your own routine, requires a bit of research, but you only need to do a few types of exercises for an all over body workout, it just adds variety by doing loads :)

Nicole it is quite normal to ache a lot when you start swinging, this normally eases by the second week. Take it easy. I like to work off my aches by doing some light slow moves, helps me stretch out the kinks

Shirleen hope you are feeling better and getting on ok with your daily planner :)

Sweet good luck for WI :) planks! I remember how much you cursed them lol

Cleogin, herewego hate cardio too lol just remind yourself it's good for you burning off that fat:)

Suseka great news, take it easy just work through it, we all
struggled at the start :)

Sue I hadn't done those twist planks for ages but they are on my new DVD and I managed a lot better than i used to, you really need to have your heels over your toes and grip floor hard, easier said than done!

Trimlee I hope you get hold of that 7.5 in time :)

Chick good luck with cardio, you can do it lol

Keep swinging xx

Suseka said:
Hello everyone - good to see that people are working the 'bells' :) My kettleworx set arrived today, along with a 10lb bell.

I plan to start at the weekend, though I have a feeling the 10llb may be a little too heavy for me. But I'll have a go and perhaps modify some of the exercises, or reduce the number of reps (not that I have a clue what they are yet). If it is too heavy I'll see if I can find a reasonably priced lighter bell to use for a few weeks until I get stronger (but who knows, I might surprise myself).

I'm feeling quite nauseous at the moment, having started my vlcd this week, but I should feel more energetic soon and I will be careful to not overdo things.

Hi Suseka, congrats on getting your Kettleworx set! Just a quick note to say that on a VLCD you will need to be way into ketosis and comfortable before commencing exercise (I did a VLCD in the past). You may want to wait for a while.

Kron said:
Hi all

Had an amazingly crap busy day at work, so glad it's over

Loads of swinging and keeping on track, keep it up :)

Keep swinging xx

Hi Kron I hope you have a better day today! :)

Wk 4 Cardio done, yay!
Well done to all :D

Maybe its a case of 3rd time lucky but week 1 cardio didnt seem as bad as I remembered despite me being really dosed with the cold. Granted I am only using my 5kg until I build up a bit of strength & I'm sure my shoulder will hold up but so far so good!!! Roll on Friday now for my favourite.... core :D

I miss you guys *sniff* only 27 days of shred left until I can come "home" (here)! I broke my thumb so thought i would "ease myself" back in to exercise after the evils of xmas by doing 30 day shred as I can get away with not using my thumb.

I am in awe of all of you that have done it multiple times and are now onto advanced. I'll be starting back with my baby bell and hopefully graduating to buying bell #3 by the end of it. I want a nice pretty pink one! :giggle:

Well done everyone!!

I miss you guys *sniff* only 27 days of shred left until I can come "home" (here)! I broke my thumb so thought i would "ease myself" back in to exercise after the evils of xmas by doing 30 day shred as I can get away with not using my thumb.

I am in awe of all of you that have done it multiple times and are now onto advanced. I'll be starting back with my baby bell and hopefully graduating to buying bell #3 by the end of it. I want a nice pretty pink one! :giggle:

Well done everyone!!

Numnums.... great to hear from you!!!! I'm just back after a shoulder injury so am redoing the programme too. Going to do it a couple of times & then look at moving to the advanced one. I'm sticking to my 5kg for a few weeks too just to be on the safe side. Are you enjoying the shred??? Everyone keeps telling me that I should give it a go

I'm only on day 3 and the burn is still there so enjoying probably isnt the best word to use right now :giggle:

I do love that it is only 20 mins long though. I can squeeze it in in the morning when my little dude has a nap or I can pop him in his playpen (so I dont squash the poor fellow) without him getting too bored. It does get repetitive as you do the same workout for 10 days in a row, then switch to another for 10 days etc but like I say for 20 mins a day I can suck it up! Someone has just posted their 30 day inch loss stats and they have lost 9 inches over all 2" from bust, hips and waist and I cant remember the others exactly lol.

Give it a bash and see how you get on I think you can get it pretty cheap these days.

I'm only on day 3 and the burn is still there so enjoying probably isnt the best word to use right now :giggle:

I do love that it is only 20 mins long though. I can squeeze it in in the morning when my little dude has a nap or I can pop him in his playpen (so I dont squash the poor fellow) without him getting too bored. It does get repetitive as you do the same workout for 10 days in a row, then switch to another for 10 days etc but like I say for 20 mins a day I can suck it up! Someone has just posted their 30 day inch loss stats and they have lost 9 inches over all 2" from bust, hips and waist and I cant remember the others exactly lol.

Give it a bash and see how you get on I think you can get it pretty cheap these days.

Thanks will maybe give it a bash sometime. Do you have to do it everyday??? Or do you have rest days in between?

I have to admit that I actually love that 'burn' feeling!!!! :eek:

I love feeling the burn too as it shows it's working, but this somehow feels different as you have to workout through it. Day 2 was the worst, today it has eased so hopefully tomorrow it'll be almost back to the nice burn lol

Ideally you're meant to do it everyday, a lot of people take rest days though. I plan to do it mon-fri and then rest on the weekends (with all 3 kids home I wouldn't get peace to do it). I think the point is that you work through the pain so it goes quicker and your body adjusts quicker, if you only do it say twice a week it wont have such a big impact on your body.

(do I make sense at all?)

Back