Secret to shaping up

Maybe its a case of 3rd time lucky but week 1 cardio didnt seem as bad as I remembered despite me being really dosed with the cold. Granted I am only using my 5kg until I build up a bit of strength & I'm sure my shoulder will hold up but so far so good!!! Roll on Friday now for my favourite.... core :D

That's fab news Sweet, maybe your cold has numbed the pain! I love core too, it's by far the most enjoyable even though it has 3 sets :)

I miss you guys *sniff* only 27 days of shred left until I can come "home" (here)! I broke my thumb so thought i would "ease myself" back in to exercise after the evils of xmas by doing 30 day shred as I can get away with not using my thumb.

I am in awe of all of you that have done it multiple times and are now onto advanced. I'll be starting back with my baby bell and hopefully graduating to buying bell #3 by the end of it. I want a nice pretty pink one! :giggle:

Well done everyone!!

Hey NumNum, good to see you popping in :)
Not sure about "easing" in with the shred. I did it for the second time just before christmas....but I really missed the bells....... I couldn't manage both!
It's certainly a challenge and you feel fab once you've completed it....Well done to you for taking up the challenge, and only 27 days until you are back with us :D

Hope your thumb recovers soon!

Hi all

Had an amazingly crap busy day at work, so glad it's over

Cleogin, herewego hate cardio too lol just remind yourself it's good for you burning off that fat:)

Keep swinging xx

I know Kron....that's what I try to think.....i'm a good girl, i'll stick with it :D.
Using my 6 from the beginning this time, but hoping to move up swiftly to my 7.5.

Sorry you had a pants day at work...hope today is better for you x

Morning all,

Kron, I hope your day at work today is better for you :D

Week 6 (round 1) Resistance tonight, then a weigh and measure tomorrow morning to see what the damage is :D

I will do a second round using the 10lb bell before I think about moving up a weight. Is that a good move? Or should I go up a weight immediately?

Thanks for any advice/info xx

Morning all,

Week 6 (round 1) Resistance tonight, then a weigh and measure tomorrow morning to see what the damage is :D

I will do a second round using the 10lb bell before I think about moving up a weight. Is that a good move? Or should I go up a weight immediately?

Hiya
Fingers crossed for some fab losses with the tape measure, I bet it's gonna be an excellent result :D

My advice would be to see how you feel, it all depends on how well you cope with your 10lb. If you have another, heavier bell then start with it, but keep your 10lb at hand to go back to if you find some moves trickier. There's no shame in moving down a bit if some are too hard to do with the heavier bell.
I still have to move down to my 4kg for scissor pass under legs thingy.....although my 4 is vinyl and bulky so it's lighter but more awkward. I figure at least i'm moving about that's the main thing!
Can't wait to hear your results x

Hi Chelsea Lou - I agree with Sarah. Use whichever bell you feel comfortable with but still keep yourself challenged. I have 3 bells I use at the moment. My 7.5kg for most stuff, my 15lb one for some one handed stuff (disco side bends, one handed swing) and then my 5kg gets a very occasional dust off as well. I use this one for the scissor pass under legs too as its the only one that fits underneath and also for the gunslingers. My 10kg bell is just hanging around at the moment although I have done some two handed stuff with it. It will be a while before I can swing that baby comfortably!

There's no need to feel pressure to move up or down. Its an individual thing. :)

That's fab news Sweet, maybe your cold has numbed the pain! I love core too, it's by far the most enjoyable even though it has 3 sets :)

It could have been the sugar free redbull that I used to wash down the beechams flu plus ;)

I actually forgot about there only being 2 sets in the cardio!! I finished set 2 & was ready for set 3 & when it came up cool down I could have kissed the TV!!! lol

Morning all,

Looking forward to hearing your inch loss!!

Moving up is definitely a personal thing. I know when I first moved up to a 7.5kg I only used it for the moves I was comfortable with & confident in as its much more important to have good form when doing the moves so maybe use both weights for a while or at least have the lighter one close by just incase :)

Hi All, I managed to get to the gym today, still feeling like crap but couldn't bear it any longer!
Started my warm up with week one C25K and managed 5 of the 8 runs (sinuses stopped me breathing well so gave up early).
Then I did my own freestyle swing thing! Using an 8kg for swings and bicep curls and the 4kg for one handed stuff and my version of Russian Twists!

Legs are a bit wobbly but going to try to work through it tomorrow too!

Dont worry about the weight too much

Most of the exercises are using your body weight primarily and its this that burns the mostest calories. The weight is the icing on the cake, albeit a key one. Going up risks injury. Going up also shows progression.

I do 40min sets so the extra weight is going to be a killer. I do practice and do some work with the next weight up so the tranisition will be moderate.

Morning all,

I got the 6 week kettleworx programe for Xmas and started it on Monday. I did the cardio one and Omg the day after I felt it. I'm ment to be doing one today but I'm in a lot of pain still ESP when sitting in the backs of my thighs. Is this normal? I have not done any exercise at all over Xmas but had completed 30 day shred by Xmas eve. Could this be the reason maybe? Xx

Hi Suseka, congrats on getting your Kettleworx set! Just a quick note to say that on a VLCD you will need to be way into ketosis and comfortable before commencing exercise (I did a VLCD in the past). You may want to wait for a while.

Thanks trimlee - I shall take your advice and give it a couple more weeks. I must admit to feeling a bit 'wobbly' today, so I know I'm not into ketosis yet. I will have a run through the introductory dvd this weekend though - so I get an idea of what I letting myself in for :D maybe the following weekend will be my kb start date - hopefully by then my body will have settled into my vlcd plan.

I got the 6 week kettleworx programe for Xmas and started it on Monday. I did the cardio one and Omg the day after I felt it. I'm ment to be doing one today but I'm in a lot of pain still ESP when sitting in the backs of my thighs. Is this normal? I have not done any exercise at all over Xmas but had completed 30 day shred by Xmas eve. Could this be the reason maybe? Xx

Completely normal so don't worry. I restarted on Monday with Resistance & then done Cardio today & was sore doing it but tried to work through the pain. Try to do a few stretches on the days in between to loosen out those sore & tired muscles & even a wee soak in the bath helps. The pain should pass by the end of the 2nd week.

Good luck

sweet pink said:
Completely normal so don't worry. I restarted on Monday with Resistance & then done Cardio today & was sore doing it but tried to work through the pain. Try to do a few stretches on the days in between to loosen out those sore & tired muscles & even a wee soak in the bath helps. The pain should pass by the end of the 2nd week.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I will try and be brave lol x

Hi all :)
Works better today thank, but still stooopidly busy!

I will be having a swing soon, I think it will make me feel better lol

Great to hear everyone's swinging, catch you later x

NicoleW said:
I feel so exhausted

Hey Nicole, just ease in gradually. Our bodies do adapt with time. I'm on week 4 and I feel exhausted sometimes too!
You can do it and -as Tesco says -every little helps! :)

I reeeeeeally want Kettleworx! I'm tempted to buy it, really shouldn't though. I'm using my other stuff but I don't feel it as much as I think I would Kettleworx as they're not as intense or part of a programme. Might keep an eye on ebay, see if anyone's selling them second hand.

I've just had a look on ebay, they're going for £40-50 at the moment with 4 days left so I don't think that, with postage, they'll be much cheaper than buying it new. Especially when new it comes with a 5lb KB, even though I don't want that.

Back