Secret to shaping up

caroline g said:
I've just had a look on ebay, they're going for £40-50 at the moment with 4 days left so I don't think that, with postage, they'll be much cheaper than buying it new. Especially when new it comes with a 5lb KB, even though I don't want that.

To make it a bit cheaper I got the six DVD set rather than the ten and bought a 5lb kettle bell separate. It was £40 for the DVD set which is the 6 week program and the bell is a Lonsdale one which cost me £5 in the sale x

I've got my kettlebell already, bought a 3-7kg adjustable one from Tesco for £15. I was using 2.5kg which was too light but 5kg was too big a jump so now I use 4kg. To be honest, that 6 set is enough for me at the moment anyway. I'm training as a teacher, I don't have time for more than those! Where did you get yours from? It's £50 plus £7.50 postage on Amazon

I got them off amazon but it was in dec so guessing they must of been on offer. I will have a look about and let you know if I find any as I'm known for finding bargains. X

Just found this fitness quote, so apt:

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph" -! :)

caroline g said:
I've got my kettlebell already, bought a 3-7kg adjustable one from Tesco for £15. I was using 2.5kg which was too light but 5kg was too big a jump so now I use 4kg. To be honest, that 6 set is enough for me at the moment anyway. I'm training as a teacher, I don't have time for more than those! Where did you get yours from? It's £50 plus £7.50 postage on Amazon

Have u tried ideal world.tv think the 3 DVDs are about £35???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Round 1 results time!!

Good morning Super Swingers :D Hope we are all well.

So, here we go then.

Weight loss -2lbs :confused:

Bust -1.5" :D
Waist - 1.5" :D
Hips - 1"
Left Arm - 0.5"
Right Arm - 1"
Left & Right thighs No change :cry:
Love handles -2.5" :D:D

Not sure how to feel about it really.... kind of pleased about the weight loss, considering the Xmas/New year period was during the 6 weeks, but as I haven't been eating very much I was hoping for more.

I am not sure if my thigh measurements were taken in the same place as originally, so a bit disappointed with the no-change but delighted with the 2.5 inch difference in my love handles :D

Will press on with Round 2 starting with Core tomorrow and will make a conscious effort to mix it up with some of the 10 minute fast abs/fat burn on my rest days :D

Have a fab day peeps :D

Think £35 is the cheapest but my friend gave me a copy - which I think she downloaded!

Tomorrow I'm starting week 6. I NEED to get my head in gear x

So, here we go then.

Hips - 1"
Left Arm - 0.5"
Right Arm - 1"

Not sure how to feel about it really.... kind of pleased about the weight loss, considering the Xmas/New year period was during the 6 weeks, but as I haven't been eating very much I was hoping for more.

I am not sure if my thigh measurements were taken in the same place as originally, so a bit disappointed with the no-change but delighted with the 2.5 inch difference in my love handles :D

Will press on with Round 2 starting with Core tomorrow and will make a conscious effort to mix it up with some of the 10 minute fast abs/fat burn on my rest days :D

Fantastic! What a star :D

Chelsea Lou said:
So, here we go then.

Hips - 1"
Left Arm - 0.5"
Right Arm - 1"

fab results Chelsea Lou; well done. All the best for round 2 :)

I've not done any swinging now for two days, my pain seems to have gone although now I have an all mighty pain in my back.

It's kind of at the side and back, hurts when I inhale and just aches all the time :(

kettleworx on fitness tv sky channel 282

Hi

Just had an email from fitness tv with their workout tv schedule. They are showing a kettleworx 20 minute workout at 12 noon today and again later and also a Ryan Shanahan "how to" programme - Just set up sky+ now so I can watch later! (sky channel 282) its also on tomorrow but not sure if its just repeating todays programmes - sky+ wouldn't let me do a series link :(

Worth a look anyway!

Lindylou

I've not done any swinging now for two days, my pain seems to have gone although now I have an all mighty pain in my back.

It's kind of at the side and back, hurts when I inhale and just aches all the time :(

Hope it isn't a kidney infection or something like that Nicole. Take it easy and rest up, drink plenty of fluids.

xxx

Hi

Just had an email from fitness tv with their workout tv schedule. They are showing a kettleworx 20 minute workout at 12 noon today and again later and also a Ryan Shanahan "how to" programme - Just set up sky+ now so I can watch later! (sky channel 282) its also on tomorrow but not sure if its just repeating todays programmes - sky+ wouldn't let me do a series link :(

Worth a look anyway!

Lindylou

Is this just on Sky? x

So, here we go then.

Hips - 1"
Left Arm - 0.5"
Right Arm - 1"

fantastic results!!!!! Well done!!!

Get well soon xx

Hi

I'm not sure if its available on Virgin. Take a look at www.fitness.tv as it is possible to watch workouts on there (think you might have to pay something like £5 a month though).

Lindylou

I had a wee look, only on sky :( boo

Oh well, thanks for the link :) x

Surprisingly after yesterdays cardio I dont feel too achey.. well apart from the ache that was already there from Monday resistance that is!!! I cannot wait to tomorrow for my favourite... core, and more to the point completing week 1 again!!! :D

Hi everyone,

I’ve not used kettlebells before but have been very interested in your posts here. I am thinking of trying them out.

I have a few questions, I’d appreciate it if someone could take the time to answer for me please.

1) I have seen an adjustable kettlebell in Tesco which goes from 3kg to 7kg – is this any good for a beginner?

2) Can anyone recommend a good but reasonably priced DVD. I have looked on Amazon but am baffled.

Fitness wise I run regularly but have not done any strength training since I got pregnant 2 years ago. Before that I used to do quite a lot of weight training if that has any bearing on anything.

Thanks in advance xx

Back