Secret to shaping up

Puzzled, when you say you're knackered after exercise, do you mean it? Only I always feel pumped and sort of jitterly energetic, this is why I think I overdo it! The next day I'm like half melted jelly mind!

Am I odd???

Shirleen said:
Puzzled, when you say you're knackered after exercise, do you mean it? Only I always feel pumped and sort of jitterly energetic, this is why I think I overdo it! The next day I'm like half melted jelly mind!

Am I odd???

It all depends what exercise I do. If I do interval training on my cross trainer then I'm dripping and need to sit down when I get off, if it's kettlebells then no not normally but I haven't done any exercise for 3 weeks and I was shattered yes. I was puffing the whole way through. When I stopped I was walking round the house with my hands on my hips getting my breath back. I feel energised afterwards though. Before Xmas I was fine so having 3 weeks off is a no no for me in the future xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Alli, I can't do the side butt thingies either. I'm ok on right side but my left hip feels so bruised for some reason and therefore I can't lie on it. It's been like that since the get-go. No bruising that I can see but it is very sore. That's my excuse anyway :D

I did a quick 10 minute fast abs today plus half of the fast fat burn......too knackered to carry on, plus I had a brisk mile walk to the local shop and back this morning. :D

Hoping everyone is having a fab weekend. x

Chelsea Lou said:
Alli, I can't do the side butt thingies either. I'm ok on right side but my left hip feels so bruised for some reason and therefore I can't lie on it. It's been like that since the get-go. No bruising that I can see but it is very sore. That's my excuse anyway :D

I did a quick 10 minute fast abs today plus half of the fast fat burn......too knackered to carry on, plus I had a brisk mile walk to the local shop and back this morning. :D

Hoping everyone is having a fab weekend. x

I get pain on the side of my hips when I do them as well. It feels like a stingy bruise and mines worst on my right side but they both hurt. I even got a thick mat in that we got with the multi stack weight gym in our garage bit no luck. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

With the side butt elevators practice them without the weight of the KB to begin with & then once you feel steady add the KB back in. I know they are tough but if you persist you will get them sooner than you might think.

What the heckers are side butt elevators? Are they like side planks? I can't do those at all too blimmin heavy!

There's so much I can't do, I think I must be the unfittest here!

Shirleen said:
What the heckers are side butt elevators? Are they like side planks? I can't do those at all too blimmin heavy!

There's so much I can't do, I think I must be the unfittest here!

Lol, not quite like planks, From what I remember you lay on your side with the bell on your side then lift your hip/ butt up and back down a few times, but it's awkward to do as the bell wobbles all over the place, and it's tricky to get your balance.
I bet you aren't unfit Shirleen..... I never do full pelt mountain climbers or full push ups..... I don't even use the KB for push ups..... I trundle on my own way as I just feel defeated if I can't do them, so I do them on my knees..... Makes me feel better xx

Good morning :)

Great to catch up on all your posts, I have been awol here but been swinging. Completed Lauren Brooks 40 min routine yesterday, and hope to get some more in today.

Congrats on weight losses, mine has stalled! I think that since its been a busy week, I have not been eating, too busy to stop for lunch etc, Mr Kron has told me off when I have brought home my uneaten lunch, it is true that if you dont eat you dont lose weight, so yesterday I have made a cauldron of stew and shepherds pies for next week, as I know it will be another busy week, so at least will make life a bit easier. Even tho not losing weight, i can feel my clothes become less snug :)

Those side butt elevators (side planks) are evil!!! lol I really struggled with them, and would agree to not using the bell to do these. Placing your top leg foot on the floor just in front of your lower leg can help with grip and balance, and if you want to add resistance just put pressure on hip with your hand, I dont think I got the hang of these all the way thru kw

Happy swinging x

I'm getting a little confused! Does the cardio, resistance and core set from Kettleworx start at level 2 or is there a level 1?

This is probably a bit of a long shot and if people say no then that's fine, I can understand that! But anyway, I really want to do the Kettleworx 6 week programme but I really can't afford to buy it new and it seems to go for just as much second hand on ebay, which is ridiculous really. I was wondering whether there was anyone on here who has the cardio, core and resistance DVDs (not at advanced level) that they don't use anymore as they're on advanced that they might feel able to loan to me? I'm happy to pay postage and pay something for borrowing them but I just can't afford them new unfortunately. I've even looked the naughty way but can't find anything but the advanced ones.

I'm getting a little confused! Does the cardio, resistance and core set from Kettleworx start at level 2 or is there a level 1?

Hi Caroline - the Advanced Set is Level 2. The standad set is the starting point. If you look on the kettleworx website you will see both sets on there. The cases and DVDs are clearly marked Level II for the Advanced ones. Hope this helps? :)

Hi Caroline - the Advanced Set is Level 2. The standad set is the starting point. If you look on the kettleworx website you will see both sets on there. The cases and DVDs are clearly marked Level II for the Advanced ones. Hope this helps? :)

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks :)

Morning All - well Advanced Cardio Wk3 done. :)

A few more new moves added on this one, but only two caused me issues. There's one where I didn't catch the name cause I couldn't hear through the blood throbbing in my ears(!) where I had to drop down to my 5kg. Its so simple. You stand feet slightly apart, kettlebell in one hand and raise your arm out to the side like an aeroplane wing and back. Easy but very effective. And very, very tiring! Gonna look forward to mastering it and moving up the weight on that one. :)

Also there's one called the Lambarda Ab Twist. Words fail me. Will need to re-think my clothing for this one. I'm thinking no knickers and some satin type shorts! Basically you are sat down like the core rower with legs and feet up off the ground and you have to shimmy round more or less in a full circle. But you can't put your feet or hands down - well you're holding your kb anyway. My backside was killing me and is still protesting now! Will try it without the bell to try and get the hang of it. My bum was gripping so hard I was picking up my yoga mat! :eek: Classic! I'm thinking core rowers will be a good substitute for this if I don't get the hang of it! :D

Catch you all later. Hoping my backside will ease off. Thinking a day on the sofa will help! ;)

This is probably a bit of a long shot and if people say no then that's fine, I can understand that! But anyway, I really want to do the Kettleworx 6 week programme but I really can't afford to buy it new and it seems to go for just as much second hand on ebay, which is ridiculous really. I was wondering whether there was anyone on here who has the cardio, core and resistance DVDs (not at advanced level) that they don't use anymore as they're on advanced that they might feel able to loan to me? I'm happy to pay postage and pay something for borrowing them but I just can't afford them new unfortunately. I've even looked the naughty way but can't find anything but the advanced ones.

Hi again. Sorry I wish I could help but I've already lent my set to a work mate. Ideal World were doing them on easy pay (2 or 3 payments, I think). I don't know if that would be of help.

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning All - well Advanced Cardio Wk3 done. :)

A few more new moves added on this one, but only two caused me issues. There's one where I didn't catch the name cause I couldn't hear through the blood throbbing in my ears(!) where I had to drop down to my 5kg. Its so simple. You stand feet slightly apart, kettlebell in one hand and raise your arm out to the side like an aeroplane wing and back. Easy but very effective. And very, very tiring! Gonna look forward to mastering it and moving up the weight on that one. :)

Also there's one called the Lambarda Ab Twist. Words fail me. Will need to re-think my clothing for this one. I'm thinking no knickers and some satin type shorts! Basically you are sat down like the core rower with legs and feet up off the ground and you have to shimmy round more or less in a full circle. But you can't put your feet or hands down - well you're holding your kb anyway. My backside was killing me and is still protesting now! Will try it without the bell to try and get the hang of it. My bum was gripping so hard I was picking up my yoga mat! :eek: Classic! I'm thinking core rowers will be a good substitute for this if I don't get the hang of it! :D

Catch you all later. Hoping my backside will ease off. Thinking a day on the sofa will help! ;)

OMG Sue your description of that second one cracked me up!!!! Not sure I'm looking forward to that one!

Completed week 2 this morning :)

Cleogin said:
OMG Sue your description of that second one cracked me up!!!! Not sure I'm looking forward to that one!

Ditto -oh Advanced Sue! :D

LOL Sue I had forgotten about that one, buns of steel, or a new way of dealing with overtight lids on bottles :)

I have just completed an ab workout, shoulders and butt still feeling it from yesterdays swing, and I may have few swings while dinner is cooking :)

Ideal World are selling each dvd for £12, so for all 3 its £36, and there has been posts that you can pay by instalments

LOL Sue I had forgotten about that one, buns of steel, or a new way of dealing with overtight lids on bottles :)

I have just completed an ab workout, shoulders and butt still feeling it from yesterdays swing, and I may have few swings while dinner is cooking :)

Ideal World are selling each dvd for £12, so for all 3 its £36, and there has been posts that you can pay by instalments

A new party trick for me!! :eek: :D

Thinking I could resolve the issue by buying one of those turntables for old people that you put onto a car seat so they can swizzle round - or would that be classed as cheating! :D

Back