Secret to shaping up

I've managed to get hold of them, best that you don't ask me how! ;) I've just done the Week 1 cardio, phew! It was good but it's definitely a push from the 10 minute fast abs and fast fat burner ones. When the second set started, I wanted to give up but found that it actually got a lot better as soon as I told myself to stop being a wimp and get on with it! I was doing kettlebells or cardio stuff every day for about 2 weeks but I've been away and busy so haven't done anything the past 3 days, so was a good shock to my system again. Was amazed at how many calories my HRM said I burned for it!

Glad to hear you're up and running, Caroline :)

Sue, I just love reading your posts on the advanced set & I cannot wait to get through to the end this time to get started on them.... shimmying & all (that definitely sounds like an interesting move!!! lol) After a swinging free weekend I'm looking forward to resistance again in the morning :)

Well thats week 2 resistance done & dusted & I have to say that I love this one more & more each time I do it!!! :D

Donzy, I have never tried the diet that comes with it but am very curious to hear if anyone has.

cjeb456 said:
My results so far:
After 7 weeks:
Total "loss = 6.4"
Im so thrilled :) My weight has stayed the same but I dont really care! :)

excellent inch loss; well done! :)

Donzy84 said:
Has anyone done the diet that comes with it??? Wondering whether to give it a try...

I haven't but it looks like a challenging but simple diet that would work. There's some carb limitation and generally sensible eating. I'm still working on getting it right on the diet front...
If you do try the Kettleworx diet pls let us know how it goes :)

Wk 5 resistance done. More disco side bends -lovely, new challenging rainbows -ooh; overall great but I did feel my muscles working hard :)

Crikes this thread moves on at a pace :eek: I've not been on it for a day or so and there's lots to catch up on. I'll settle down this evening and do so.

I have the KW with the 10lb bell at the ready, but, as I'm seriously unfit and just recently into a vlcd - I picked up a 3kg bell at the weekend, as well as a mat (as my living room is hard flooring).

So - my aim is to watch the introductory dvd that came with the set this evening, catch up on this thread and then start tomorrow evening using the 3kg bell.

I plan to start off by doing this on Tues and Thurs evenings, and then again on Saturday. Giving me Sunday and Monday to recover ready for the next lot.

I really looking forward to it - though I know it's gonna be tough.

I also thought, once I got into the ahem 'swing' of it I would look to do some pilates floor work during the intervals. I need to strengthen my core (as I have lower back problems, exacerbated by my current weight) and I definitely need to improve on my flexibility. I've posted a seperate thread looking for advice on a good pilates (mat) workout - but if anyone on here has any advice, it would be more than welcomed :)

Wk 5 resistance done. More disco side bends -lovely, new challenging rainbows -ooh; overall great but I did feel my muscles working hard :)

I remember the first time I done those rainbows & stupidly thought that these were a wee breather exercise!!! Felt a great burn the next day with them too :)

Hi Girls :)

Just found this thread and have enjoyed what I've read so far....I've been thinking about trying a kettlebell work out for a while as cardio isn't really my thing and weight-based workouts seem to suit me better and show quicker results...

just wondered what weight kettlebell would you advise/where would you recommend to buy from?

TIA

Sarah x

Just found this thread and have enjoyed what I've read so far....I've been thinking about trying a kettlebell work out for a while as cardio isn't really my thing and weight-based workouts seem to suit me better and show quicker results...

just wondered what weight kettlebell would you advise/where would you recommend to buy from?

TIA

Sarah x

When I started I bought a set of York vinyl KB's from argos. They were a set of 3 with a 2kg, a 3kg & a 4kg but I found that I quickly worked my way througbthem & found them too light after a couple of weeks as well as finding them a bit bulky. The next one I got was a 5kg cast iron one again from argos & I found the weight fine & think i could probably have worked with it from the start even if it was slightly more challenging to begin with. the main thing was though that it was a lot more compact & less bulky than the vinyl so I much preferred it as I had a lot less bangs with it.

Hope that helps

When I started I bought a set of York vinyl KB's from argos. They were a set of 3 with a 2kg, a 3kg & a 4kg but I found that I quickly worked my way througbthem & found them too light after a couple of weeks as well as finding them a bit bulky. The next one I got was a 5kg cast iron one again from argos & I found the weight fine & think i could probably have worked with it from the start even if it was slightly more challenging to begin with. the main thing was though that it was a lot more compact & less bulky than the vinyl so I much preferred it as I had a lot less bangs with it.

Hope that helps

Hi Alottolose - I did exactly the same as Sweet Pink. Tesco currently have a 5kg bell for £10. Good luck :)

I remember the first time I done those rainbows & stupidly thought that these were a wee breather exercise!!! Felt a great burn the next day with them too :)

I find its always the most simple looking exercises are the killers! And are probably the most effective. But its what I like about KW. Most of the exercises are so easy to get to grips with so you can just focus on getting on with them.

My results so far:

At the start my measurments were:

Left Arm: 11.2"
Right Arm: 11.4"
Left Thigh: 21"
Right Thigh: 21"
Waist: 34.5"
Stomach: 37.5"
Bust: 36"

After 7 weeks:

Left Arm: - 0.2"
Right Arm: -0.5"
Left Thigh: -0.5"
Right Thigh: -1.2"
Waist: -2"
Stomach: 1.8"
Bust: -0.2"

Total "loss = 6.4"

Im so thrilled :) My weight has stayed the same but I dont really care! :)

Well done! That's excellent. No wonder you're pleased. :)

girls? damn cheek... :cry:

My misses is using the davina set (2.5, 5 and 7kg). they are bit bigger as they are vinyl but as a starter you cant go wrong. If you want one bell only a 5kg is fine - cast iron is good, steel better (and more expensive). stil argos has a set on offer including a 4kg and at £12.99 not a bad place to start - when you get to doing complex over head lifts like SOTS or bottom up lifts (that the weight bottom up not your bottom up!) the lighter weights can be used at first.

You kinds learn what suits you - I prefer a wider handle with clearance and the bell to be coated for grip so expect to start with one set and progress in time as you get fitter.

TIA

Sarah x

girls? damn cheek... :cry:

My misses is using the davina set (2.5, 5 and 7kg). they are bit bigger as they are vinyl but as a starter you cant go wrong. If you want one bell only a 5kg is fine - cast iron is good, steel better (and more expensive). stil argos has a set on offer including a 4kg and at £12.99 not a bad place to start - when you get to doing complex over head lifts like SOTS or bottom up lifts (that the weight bottom up not your bottom up!) the lighter weights can be used at first.

You kinds learn what suits you - I prefer a wider handle with clearance and the bell to be coated for grip so expect to start with one set and progress in time as you get fitter.

Sorry Martin :eek:

Personally I didnt like them & was black & blue from all the bangs from doing the figure 8 pass with them especially. Insaying that they do the job too. I sold mine on to a friend though & she is happy enough with them.

Thank you ever so for the info ladies :)

So do you both use 5kg still now? x

Hi - my main bell is a 7.5kg but I still occasionally use my 5kg for some of the one handed stuff. I also have an inbetweenie bell of 15lbs (note - it gets tricky with kgs and lbs so be careful what you buy) which i also find useful for some exercises.

As Martin says, you find what suits you. Oh and he is an honourary girlie by the way!! :D

TIA

Sarah x

I really recommend this adjustable one from Tesco, goes up in 1kg increments from 3kg to 7kg. I bought a 2.5kg (too light) and a 5kg from Sainsburys for about £12 combined, a 7.5kg is about another £12 so it's a good deal I think.

Kelly Holmes Adjustable Kettle Bell - Tesco.Direct

Back