Secret to shaping up

How do you guys spread out of the Kettleworx sessions? I started with the Cardio one yesterday, I was meant to wait until Tuesday but I was too impatient haha So on my little workout timetable, it should be Thursday that I do the next one but I feel like I want to do it today already! Is it best to stick to just the 3 a week do you think?

Hi Caroline - it is best to have a rest day between workouts. I tend to stick to Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday as I can fit it in around work. For me I find it best to get a routine going to have more chance of sticking with it. :)

hi Girls and Martin :D:D:D

wk 2 advanced Complete!!!! Twisted my knee doing the burbees ouch!!!! and i've pushed myself too much with the 8kg and pulled a muscle in my chest :cry: i maybe shouldn't have gone up a weight and onto the advance... oh well xxx

Donzy84 said:

wk 2 advanced Complete!!!! Twisted my knee doing the burbees ouch!!!! and i've pushed myself too much with the 8kg and pulled a muscle in my chest :cry: i maybe shouldn't have gone up a weight and onto the advance... oh well xxx

Hey Donzy

Well done on wk 2 Advanced, but boo hoo on injuries :-( don't push it if you have injured yourself chick. x

Aw Crap, Donzy. :( Take it easy and perhaps switch back down for a bit! xxx

More shrinkage!!! I love this thread :)

Cjeb brilliant result :) Keep swinging and shrinking, and think about your next shopping trip for smaller sizes

Caroline let your muscles rest and repair. If you want to keep active try some other exercise on in-between days. You could do kw alternate days if you want to do them more than 3 x pw. Glad you have kw now and I can see your enjoying :)

Sue good luck with your turntable lol great to hear advanced is still challenging and enjoyable, I am hoping Mr Kron starts them after this round :)

Sweet good to hear your still enjoying and Looking forward to advanced, how's your shoulder, are you considering moving up in weight yet?

Donzy hope your ok, bad news about your knee and chest. You may want to let your knee rest up or watch any move that puts pressure on it until it heals - stoopid burpees!
I havent looked at the diet, but I should imagine it would be worth a go

Trimlee I love disco side bends, I don't do a workout without them and very effective at getting rid of that back fat, and pulling you in :)

Suseka ready to join the swinging club :) Sorry I don't know pilates so can't suggest anything. On a positive note I used to suffer with chronic back pain and do not anymore, so good luck in getting that core strengthened and relieving pain levels

alottolose welcome, I would echo previous posts and suggest starting with a 5kg, altho you may wish to up this in a few months time. I started With a 4.5kg, jumped to an 8, legged it back out to the shop and got a 6, and before long was using the 8 :) I use a 10kg now, but swap down as needed
Not being a cardio lover myself I have found kbs a great exercise, even tho you do huff and puff your way thru :)

Martin is Mrs M back swinging?

I have become I'll :( at work I lost my voice, throat hurts and feels swollen, but I am far too busy for this! Also really have the urge to swing, after a calorie overload and some good swings this weekend I feel toned and the scales are going down :) might be able to sneak a few moves in when Mr Kron has his bath, I might not be able to cope tho, mind more willing than the body lol

Hey girls and guys,

It's taken me a while but i've finally managed to read the entire thread, lol. I started the Kettleworx programme today on Core Wk 1 and jumped straight in with a 10lb kettlebell and boy it hurt, im so unfit! lol. Ive been inspired so I will persevere with it :) im maid of honour at my sisters wedding in August so its given me a pretty good incentive to stick with it and my partner and I would like to start trying for another baby also so would be nice to be a healthy weight for when that happens :). Please tell me it gets easier?! LOL xx

Leapj welcome :) it does get easier I promise, will be hard work at times but if it was easy it wouldn't be doing anything. Some great goals to head for, good luck and keep us updated ps you know about week 1 cardio lol

Kron what a diamond you are getting everyone on the kettlebell bandwagon :) hehe. You're an inspiration. Yes ive heard not so wonderful things about cardio which is why I started off with Core but blimey if that hurt then I dont think im going to live to see the next day lol. Cardio is Wednesdays for me, eeek! No pain no gain though right, which is what i'll be telling myself over and over and over and over again!! ;) xx

Oh no Donzy! Hope you're going to take it easy and let yourself rest up and get better?

I'm going a bit too full swing at things at the moment, even got a bad leg and I'm still not letting it stop me. I'm not saying it as a good thing, it's really not. I need to know when to stop! I left KW for today, I think you guys are right, need rest time, so I did Turbo Jam today and then I'll do KW again tomorrow and Friday.

How do you guys spread out of the Kettleworx sessions? I started with the Cardio one yesterday, I was meant to wait until Tuesday but I was too impatient haha So on my little workout timetable, it should be Thursday that I do the next one but I feel like I want to do it today already! Is it best to stick to just the 3 a week do you think?

I have a rest day in between sessions too & plan mine for a monday, wednesday & friday morning. I think it feels better for me to be in a routine & it doesnt feel a chore then

Hey mrs you take it easy with an injury incase you do any permanant damage. Might be worth having a few days break or at least moving down for a bit. Either way I hope youre feeling better soon & well done on the advanced

Kron, the shoulder is holding up well & no pain other than achey muscles. I used my 7.5kg for the 2 handed exercises today but am still afraid to push it with the one handed ones just yet though I don't think it will be long. I was surprised how easy today actually felt which is making me think I might move on to the advanced after this 6 weeks rather then doing it again first.

Hope youre feeling better soon too. I had that horrible cold last week but thankfully am over it now though my eldest dd had tonsillitis over the weekend & the middle one got up this morning with conjunctivitis in one eye!!! feels like its never ending in this house at the minute :confused:

LeaPJ, it definitely gets easier. The first week is the hardest but try to work through the pain if you can & get the muscles moving coz they definitely feel better for it. Good luck with the swinging & what a fantastic goal!!!

Thanks sweet pink, I certainly do my best :) my lower back is so uncomfortable at the moment so im hoping it'll be ok by Wednesday lol xx

Donzy I hope you feel better soon, and rest up! :bighug:

Hey girls and guys,

It's taken me a while but i've finally managed to read the entire thread, lol. I started the Kettleworx programme today on Core Wk 1 and jumped straight in with a 10lb kettlebell and boy it hurt, im so unfit! lol. Ive been inspired so I will persevere with it :) im maid of honour at my sisters wedding in August so its given me a pretty good incentive to stick with it and my partner and I would like to start trying for another baby also so would be nice to be a healthy weight for when that happens :). Please tell me it gets easier?! LOL xx

It gets sooo much easier, trust me! You feel the burn but your not dying the next day - or maybe thats just me? Lol! I used to ache all over the next day but now after a workout I just feel energized!

I have nearly finished week 6 (eventually). Was woken up this morning at 5am by munchkin and promptly changed and fed him, then back to bed! Well for him anyway! I was wide awake. Decided to do not only week 6 cardio but 30 day shred straight after it. Dripping with sweat I sat down to a huge breakfast and that really set me up for the day :)

My birthday ball is sitting on my sideboard, looking all shiny. Cant wait to use it! Oh and I've got one of my friends from SW into kettleworx as well :D

hope everyone is well x

Hi, newbie to kettlebells here... Inspired to start after reading this thread! I bought an 8kg one, nearly dropped it when the postwoman handed it over to me but I've been trying the kettlebell swing and done ok with it.

I've been looking at Kettleworx, is it really worth the £50 for the DVDs (Saw it on Amazon for that price - this ) or can you acheive the same results from different exercises? I've found a few on YouTube but don't know where to start! I haven't got much room to do it (maybe 6x4ft in my room, everywhere else is off limits and not going to a class at a gym!) so not sure if it's worth buying the DVD set if you need lots of room.

Hi, newbie to kettlebells here... Inspired to start after reading this thread! I bought an 8kg one, nearly dropped it when the postwoman handed it over to me but I've been trying the kettlebell swing and done ok with it.

I've been looking at Kettleworx, is it really worth the £50 for the DVDs (Saw it on Amazon for that price - this ) or can you acheive the same results from different exercises? I've found a few on YouTube but don't know where to start! I haven't got much room to do it (maybe 6x4ft in my room, everywhere else is off limits and not going to a class at a gym!) so not sure if it's worth buying the DVD set if you need lots of room.

Hi Bijouxdolly - welcome to Swingersville! :)

Well I am an official Kettleworx groupie and to be fair it is the only KB programme I have tried. To me it's worth every penny as my results have shown me. It's hard work but also fun, if you can get past the cheese of Ryan (the trainer). However I find he explains moves really well and keeps it light-hearted and I'd rather have that, than some kind of Boot camp approach.

Space-wise, do you have a yoga or exercise mat? You will definately need enough space to have this rolled out. Lie down on it and so long as you can extend one arm out to the side (like an aeroplane wing) then you'll be ok. Also if you can stand in the middle of your space and stick your leg out to the side that will be fine too. It's surprising but it is a very "compact" form of exercise!

Kron has some links in her signature to some basic exercises which you can have a look at. Also if you can catch the Kettleworx infomercial (on the Fitness channel) or on the website, and youtube, you can get an idea of some of the moves.

I'm impressed you're going to start with an 8kg bell. You might find this is too much for some of the one armed moves. See how you get on though, as everyone is different. Tesco have a good cast iron 5kg for £10 which I would recommend.

Hope this helps? There's usually someone around in the thread to answer questions. :)

Morning All - wk3 Core Advanced done. Just one new move today - a crunch thing. I was crap at it but Ryan told me not to worry as I would be surprised at how quickly I will progress. What a nice man :)

Tried the bendy planks with no socks and it was much better, but still room for improvement. Going to look out my trainers (could take some time :)) and try them with those on.

Other than that a good session and a very welcome return to spelling Kettleworx as the last one in each set. Is it just me who, on the 3rd set, spells it with an extra flourish??!! LOL.

Mr Sue did Resistance Wk1 on Sunday with my 5kg and didn't make it all the way through. He was dripping in sweat - literally. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased he is having a go and looking at me with a new found respect BUT, does he have to drip all over my lovely yoga mat!! Grrrrrr! :mad: :D

It is worth every penny in my eyes. This is my third time going through the 6 week programme & I havent found anything that gives results like it in such a short space of time. The way I looked at it was there were 18 X 20 minute workouts plus a further 6 X 10 minute workouts on the bonus discs & if I were to pay for a class that would cost me a lot more than £50 never mind the fact that I have them to do over & over if I want.

Space wise if you can swing the kettlebell you have within the space then you have enough room. I agree with what Sue says that you may find the 8kg tough with the one arm stuff but you can always try & if you need a lighter one they are picked up fairly cheaply anyway

Good luck & welcome to the club

8kg - might be bit heavy to start with but see how it goes.

I use the mat in our lounge its 6 x 4 and I dare not step outside or Mrs D will locate my kettlebell somewhere where the sun doesnt shine. I can do everything on this and you need space above your head - just to normal ceiling so you can lift above your head.

Id check the kettleworx on youtube - its good but its not the only choice but great place to start. make sure you like th style and approach before buying - they are pricey and ebay doesnt have many bargain but try gumtree for a local seller

Back