Secret to shaping up

Another session on art of strength- newport. This was tough. really tough. its 40 mins of hell. thought it would get easier but I had to use my mrs 8kg bell for sots I was blowing so hard...

my form was awful and I struggled....but i did it. I shall award myself a pat on the back.

this fitness lark will be the death of me i know it......*

*actually, it nearly was. i flipped a bit aggressively and hit the weight on my head. it hurt. but i caught it!

Another session on art of strength- newport. This was tough. really tough. its 40 mins of hell. thought it would get easier but I had to use my mrs 8kg bell for sots I was blowing so hard...

my form was awful and I struggled....but i did it. I shall award myself a pat on the back.

this fitness lark will be the death of me i know it......*

*actually, it nearly was. i flipped a bit aggressively and hit the weight on my head. it hurt. but i caught it!

:eek: Jeez, Martin! Be careful. We can't have our only bloke felled by a kettlebell!
Are you sure you wouldn't be better off doing the Sugarcraft you're always threatening... :D :D

(exits thread quickly before Martin can come and get me)! :D

Cat Lover Sue said:
:eek: Jeez, Martin! Be careful. We can't have our only bloke felled by a kettlebell!
Are you sure you wouldn't be better off doing the Sugarcraft you're always threatening... :D :D

I think Sugarcraft may be too 'hard core' for Martin lol!

I keep dreaming I'm at the gym, doing a pass and letting the KB fly into the mirror!

Anyway I worked much harder today without rests as I was in a hurry!

What do halos do? Only I can't feel anything from doing em?

I think Sugarcraft may be too 'hard core' for Martin lol!

I keep dreaming I'm at the gym, doing a pass and letting the KB fly into the mirror!

Anyway I worked much harder today without rests as I was in a hurry!

What do halos do? Only I can't feel anything from doing em?

Hi Shirleen, halos do shoulders & core :)

As it happens my mum, 78yrs young (and she does Zumba) is a ninja at sugarcraft. She is a member of the sugarcraft guild so watch out I have a tutor...

Donzy I hope you feel better soon, and rest up! :bighug:

It gets sooo much easier, trust me! You feel the burn but your not dying the next day - or maybe thats just me? Lol! I used to ache all over the next day but now after a workout I just feel energized!

I have nearly finished week 6 (eventually). Was woken up this morning at 5am by munchkin and promptly changed and fed him, then back to bed! Well for him anyway! I was wide awake. Decided to do not only week 6 cardio but 30 day shred straight after it. Dripping with sweat I sat down to a huge breakfast and that really set me up for the day :)

My birthday ball is sitting on my sideboard, looking all shiny. Cant wait to use it! Oh and I've got one of my friends from SW into kettleworx as well :D

hope everyone is well x

Thank you, I really hope I start to feel energised sooner rather than later because oh...my...god I am in pain today lol picking up my sons toys is proving very difficult! ha. Well done for doing KW and 30DS back to back, id love to be able to do that, I bought the 30DS last year and still havent even opened it :eek: oops.xx

You guys kill me. I'm reading the last 2 pages sitting on the train home from London after an appraisal and then a training meeting I held and I can't stop laughing. People are giving me funny looks :)

Well I was so sore after my 1st session back in 3 weeks that I couldn't even get up the stairs without yelping (but I secretly love the pain especially in my inner thighs, they will see the sun this year)

Hoping to do another one when I get home tonight xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
You guys kill me. I'm reading the last 2 pages sitting on the train home from London after an appraisal and then a training meeting I held and I can't stop laughing. People are giving me funny looks :)

Well I was so sore after my 1st session back in 3 weeks that I couldn't even get up the stairs without yelping (but I secretly love the pain especially in my inner thighs, they will see the sun this year)

Hoping to do another one when I get

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL. You want to announce to your fellow passengers just how much your Swinging Buddies make you laugh! That'll give them something to talk about! :D

Just done the Core workout for wk 1. At the moment I feel ok but I definitely feel like I've worked out well and know that come the morning it's going to be ow, ow and a bit more ow! Good thing I don't have uni tomorrow, going to do a longer cardio workout tomorrow I think, as long as I can move my middle!

I left work early, head is so muzzy have very poor concentration and thinking is non existent! I do have some bits to do but really no desire to do them, I know I will regret doing nothing lol

Leapj I love the bells :) Special thoughts coming for Wednesday when you meet week 1 cardio! Your back is very weak and you will feel it, this does improve as your posture and muscles get put in the right place, I will stress that you must do the moves right, the main thing to protect your back is never have a round back always fold down at the hips, like a hinge and keep shoulders slightly back. Check out the basic moves links in my signature and note the instruction on body position as they do the moves. Don't worry about keeping up with Ryan, that will come in a couple of weeks, do less reps and do each one well

Sweet bet your kept busy with the family, it's always tough when the little ones are unwell. Great news about your shoulder :) I think you would be ok with advanced, and I hope you give your 7.5 a go, lower the reps and see how you get on, it will be challenging but that's a good thing ;)

Joanne wow lol you must have had a good nights sleep! How long before you get your shiny? Have you not had a sneaky play lol so is it result time soon as your nearly finished ;)

Bijouxjolly. Welcome, there are other DVDs available, for a decent one you could spend £20 - £35, these normally have 2 workouts, a long (40+ mins) and a short one(20 mins). I think kw is good because you get a different work out each time. Working with the bells gets you results, and as long as the DVD is a safe one you will shrink :) as long as you have room to lie down with arms out to each side you've got plenty of room, plus you need to make sure you don't have a light fitting above you!
An 8kg will be tough so only do low reps if you can do one handed moves. The basic swing is a fab move, try swinging for 5 mins! It works you all over plus cardio and will help build your strength

Sue Mr Sue has succumbed lol, do you think he will keep it up. I love that 'new found respect' look, I got that when mine started lol, now he thinks I am a ninja and daren't argue ;)

Martin Newport has just gone down in rank on my wish list lol is it really that bad! Where you working with a heavy bell! Is there no end to your talent, bell cosys know sugar craft...

Shirleen bet the gym wouldn't be too chuffed lol Halos are killers! Can you go up in weight for this move, I really feel it in my shoulders, they are screaming by the end of the reps!

Susie I agree swingers are the bestest of people :) always good to catch up on here esp after a hard day. Hope you have a swing later

I had a very short freestyle session last night, could have done more but had no will to push myself lol possibly later .... Who knows :)

I slept for 10 hours straight! haha. I will be using it next week, results again but I feel its taken me that long to finish it that it won't have changed much from the middle results. Looking forward to new results with my new bell :)

Christmas has a lot to answer for lol

A few peeps dont have (like me!) the £££££ for some of the programmes. I found this http://thief.mars.ucla.edu/piefiles/AOS - Enter The Kettlebell Workbook.pdf its a 12 week programme.

all you need is

1. a kettlebell
2. dice
3. a folder to put your schedule in
4. a timer (use this Online Stopwatch)

While following ETK (enter the kettlebell - a programme by Pavel Tsoulalothingy - a Russian bloke) as a starter would be ideal you can still follow this. Use Youtube to checkout good form and you have a 12 week pretty intense workout.

Much of this stuff reappears in Art of Strength Providence.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Kron :)

Well, Wk 1 Cardio done -I'm not exactly sure what the programme order is, so I hope I've done the right one first. Is it Cardio, Core, Resistance? Or perhaps it doesn't matter, as long you keep to the same cycle.

Anyway - it went okayish. I say 'ish, because I have quite a weak (and painful at times) lower back, so I had to modify the sets of lunges and squats - but I did them, just didn't squat as far, or lunge back as far. I also didn't keep up with the speed of the class and did struggle with my balance a bit. Just as well no-one was watching!

I can feel a sort of dull ache in my back, so I've downed a couple of ibruprofen to ease it a bit - and I guess I'll ache tomorrow. It is amazing how quickly the time goes though and i'm looking forward to the next session on Thursday.

I reckon I'll need to redo the six week programme a few times to get the full benefit, and (hopefully) as I lose weight, it'll get easier. Glad I plumped for the 3kg bell though, I don't think I'd have finished it with a 10lb one :eek:

Suseka said:
Hope you're feeling a bit better now Kron :)

Well, Wk 1 Cardio done -I'm not exactly sure what the programme order is, so I hope I've done the right one first. Is it Cardio, Core, Resistance? Or perhaps it doesn't matter, as long you keep to the same cycle.

Anyway - it went okayish. I say 'ish, because I have quite a weak (and painful at times) lower back, so I had to modify the sets of lunges and squats - but I did them, just didn't squat as far, or lunge back as far. I also didn't keep up with the speed of the class and did struggle with my balance a bit. Just as well no-one was watching!

I can feel a sort of dull ache in my back, so I've downed a couple of ibruprofen to ease it a bit - and I guess I'll ache tomorrow. It is amazing how quickly the time goes though and i'm looking forward to the next session on Thursday.

I reckon I'll need to redo the six week programme a few times to get the full benefit, and (hopefully) as I lose weight, it'll get easier. Glad I plumped for the 3kg bell though, I don't think I'd have finished it with a 10lb one :eek:

Well done Suseka

It doesn't matter which order you do them in, but cardio seems to be the least popular so it's good to get it out of the way :)

I'm on my 3rd time round..... It's challenging every time!

Just completed week 3 cardio...... Hated it as usual but at least it's done :)

Evening Kettlebelles (and guys). Hope we are all well.

I did a 10 minute fast abs and fast fat burn last Saturday and haven't swung since, feeling a bit bored with Ryan so decided to have a freestyle session after work this evening. Did a good 15-20 minutes and felt quite pleased by it.

I managed to remember the warm up then half get-ups. KB swing, one arm swing, core rows, rainbows, hip up crunch thingies :confused:, the halo one (round the shoulders), disco side bends, the plank and then the cool down. Not sure what bits I've been working, mainly core I should imagine but at least I have done something and my ticker was going pretty fast so a bit of cardio going on there too :D

I may play the dvds and make notes of the moves on all of them, so that I can do a better freestyle to some of my own music. What does everyone think of that idea? Do you think it will work? Boredom is my biggest downfall with diet, exercise.........well, most things really. Typical Gemini I am.......wanting to flit onto the next thing :eek:

x

Last edited:
Evening Kettlebelles (and guys). Hope we are all well.

I did a 10 minute fast abs and fast fat burn last Saturday and haven't swung since, feeling a bit bored with Ryan so decided to have a freestyle session after work this evening. Did a good 15-20 minutes and felt quite pleased by it.

I managed to remember the warm up then half get-ups. KB swing, one arm swing, core rows, rainbows, hip up crunch thingies :confused:, the halo one (round the shoulders) the plank and then the cool down. Not sure what bits I've been working, mainly core I should imagine but at least I have done something and my ticker was going pretty fast so a bit of cardio going on there too :D

I may play the dvds and make notes of the moves on all of them, so that I can do a better freestyle to some of my own music. What does everyone think of that idea? Do you think it will work? Boredom is my biggest downfall with diet, exercise.........well, most things really. Typical Gemini I am.......wanting to flit onto the next thing :eek:

x

Hi Chelsea-Lou - If you think it will work for you to write down the routines and then do them to music then go for it. Or why don't you have the DVD on but muted and play some music whilst its on. That way you have the reminder on screen so you remember your form etc.

At the end of the day, its whatever suits you and your own exercise goals/needs. :)

I've just started too and I'm doing it in that order as well but I don't think that it actually matters what order you do it in. The cardio one is definitely the hardest though but it's a good challenge that's doable.

Suseka and Caroline G - what really, really helped me and kept me motivated was that a few of us started at about the same time. I found it so helpful to keep in touch on here and find out how everyone was doing. It kept me going and made me want to get my workouts done! I hope you find it helps you too. :)

Back