Secret to shaping up

I'm interested in the C25K and kettlebell combo - cleogin did you find it increased your weightloss or has the muscle gain caused any stalls? x

Hiya :)

I'm a really slow loser anyway so i'm probably not best to comment. It certainly doesn't help my weight loss. I think to start with there may have been a wee bit of muscle gain as my body fat stats on my home scales have dropped by 2.5%. But my weight is stil roughly the same. I had a big loss this week, but purely as I had a gain over xmas.
It's worth it though as it makes you feel good :D

Thought it time to really get focussed and use the 16kg. I was intending doing Art of Strength for half the time with it, but went with Kettleworx level 2 resistance weeks 1 and 2 back to back. I think as its familiar its easier to go up a weight with something you've done before - it wasnt too bad (except my flyes were shocking) but unlike Art the weight isnt above your head for as long. finished just before the end, but encouraging.

Still not bad for an old bloke (who trains in his slippers with a mug of tea).

Come on belles get them bells swinging

On a crappy day at work, you have just made me :D! Cheers chuck.

Thanks for all the replies :) Can't wait to pick up my kettlebell so I can get started!

I'm interested in the C25K and kettlebell combo - cleogin did you find it increased your weightloss or has the muscle gain caused any stalls? x

To be 100% honest I do find my weightloss stalls a bit with kettlebells initially but do stick with it because the lbs catch up & the inch loss is amazing. I was running before I started KB's though & I found it was great for weightloss which is maybe why the 2 work well together for me.

Thought it time to really get focussed and use the 16kg. I was intending doing Art of Strength for half the time with it, but went with Kettleworx level 2 resistance weeks 1 and 2 back to back. I think as its familiar its easier to go up a weight with something you've done before - it wasnt too bad (except my flyes were shocking) but unlike Art the weight isnt above your head for as long. finished just before the end, but encouraging.

Still not bad for an old bloke (who trains in his slippers with a mug of tea).

Come on belles get them bells swinging

Wow Martin, 16 kg..... I'm impressed!!!! Slippers & all!!!! :)

Just done KW Resistance, that's week 1 done! I've actually really enjoyed it. Cardio was a challenge but it was doable and felt great afterwards. Core was my favourite of the three I think, though also the one I felt most. I decided to up my KB from 4kg to 5kg for today's resistance workout and think it worked well, gave me that little extra push. Definitely glad that I found kettleworx, it's much better than the ones I was using before.

I find all exercise stalls my weightloss! But as I enjoy it I don't care and as I keep saying I dropped a dress size with only 4.5 lb loss on the scales! Diet only was taking me at least a stone to drop a size!!!

I find all exercise stalls my weightloss! But as I enjoy it I don't care and as I keep saying I dropped a dress size with only 4.5 lb loss on the scales! Diet only was taking me at least a stone to drop a size!!!

I couldnt have put it better myself!!! Before I had my girls I was very fit due to my job & wearing a 12 but my weight was never under 13 stone!!! Admittedly I probably wasnt eating as healthily as I am now so I'm hoping to get my weight down to 11st 10lb which I would be happy with if I was more toned

Evening all - wk3 Advanced completed with Resistance. Didn't enjoy it as much tonight as it was very shoulders and arms and my right shoulder started clicking half way though which was a bit off-putting, although painless!

Pleased to report the bendy planks worked with the trainers on so that's cracked. Still find the side butt elevators impossible. I'm putting so much weight onto my shoulder to lift myself up it hurts. So I core rowed my way through them in the 2nd set instead!

Had a crap day at work and I know its going to be really busy tomorrow as well. Perhaps I'm just not in the mood. :( What a misery I am! What will cheer me up though is seeing Mr Sue stagger down the stairs in about 15mins after doing Wk1 Core and seeing what a crumpled mess he is! Tee hee. :)

Sue you are flying through advanced I'm so impressed! Glad to hear mr sue is joining in too :)

Well I still have week1 cardio of round 3 to complete... I've been putting it off as I honestly hate it lol think I'll just do it over the weekend and crack onto week 2 aswell. I just feel knackered after work and can't motivate myself to do any exercise, well apart from walking the dog so guess that's better than nowt!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Evening all - wk3 Advanced completed with Resistance. Didn't enjoy it as much tonight as it was very shoulders and arms and my right shoulder started clicking half way though which was a bit off-putting, although painless!

Pleased to report the bendy planks worked with the trainers on so that's cracked. Still find the side butt elevators impossible. I'm putting so much weight onto my shoulder to lift myself up it hurts. So I core rowed my way through them in the 2nd set instead!

Had a crap day at work and I know its going to be really busy tomorrow as well. Perhaps I'm just not in the mood. :( What a misery I am! What will cheer me up though is seeing Mr Sue stagger down the stairs in about 15mins after doing Wk1 Core and seeing what a crumpled mess he is! Tee hee. :)

If the 'side butt elevators' are the same as side planks, the PT at my gym advised me to 'pulse' the move even though I can't lift myself a mm! He said I'd still be exercising the muscle!

Still aching from cardio, but went ahead with core tonight. I managed most of the moves, except for the crunches and 'spell kettleworx' ones. I just couldn't lift my butt up for the crunches and I couldn't hold my legs up for the spell kw bit. Oh well - I did do the static plank one though and that felt good :D

I will most likely redo the six weeks programme a few times anyway - as it'll be interesting to how much I improve over time.

Had a rubbish day at work (spilt a whole cup of coffee over a week's worth of work and now I've got to do it again), so doing a bit of KW was just what I needed to unwind.

If the 'side butt elevators' are the same as side planks, the PT at my gym advised me to 'pulse' the move even though I can't lift myself a mm! He said I'd still be exercising the muscle!

Well that sounds a bit more do-able. Will give it a try. Thanks! :)

Sue you are flying through advanced I'm so impressed! Glad to hear mr sue is joining in too :)

Well I still have week1 cardio of round 3 to complete... I've been putting it off as I honestly hate it lol think I'll just do it over the weekend and crack onto week 2 aswell. I just feel knackered after work and can't motivate myself to do any exercise, well apart from walking the dog so guess that's better than nowt!

Hi Chick - hope you're well? I think its the time of year that makes us all feel unmotivated. So dark and cold and wet. You just want to curl up and stay inside. Well I do anyway.:)

Come on get that Wk1 Cardio cracked at the weekend. You know you want to! :D Even better Mr Sue will be doing it at the weekend as well. I cannot wait to see the state of him after that! :D

Still aching from cardio, but went ahead with core tonight. I managed most of the moves, except for the crunches and 'spell kettleworx' ones. I just couldn't lift my butt up for the crunches and I couldn't hold my legs up for the spell kw bit. Oh well - I did do the static plank one though and that felt good :D

I will most likely redo the six weeks programme a few times anyway - as it'll be interesting to how much I improve over time.

Had a rubbish day at work (spilt a whole cup of coffee over a week's worth of work and now I've got to do it again), so doing a bit of KW was just what I needed to unwind.

Hi - and I thought I'd had a crap day at work. You must have been fuming and gutted! :(

It's amazing how quickly you improve over the 6 weeks. Keep going and you'll be crunching and looking forward to spelling Kettleworx! I always do as it tends to be the last exercise! :D

Come on chick you can do it!!!!! :) Honestly it didnt seem as bad 3rd time round & was 'almost' enjoyable!!!!

Sue, sorry to hear you had a crap day at work. I hope Mr Sues suffering cheered you up though ;)

You are doing amazing with the advanced. I looked it up on you tube earlier & am dying to try some of the new moves I saw. I think I saw the bendy planks too which look 'fun'!!!! Might give them a try after I do core tomorrow :eek: Will let you know how i get on ;)

Sue, sorry to hear you had a crap day at work. I hope Mr Sues suffering cheered you up though ;)

You are doing amazing with the advanced. I looked it up on you tube earlier & am dying to try some of the new moves I saw. I think I saw the bendy planks too which look 'fun'!!!! Might give them a try after I do core tomorrow :eek: Will let you know how i get on ;)

Hi Sweet - you'll love Advanced. It's nice to do some new stuff and then when an "old favourite" pops up it's quite re-assuring. See how you get on the with the bendy planks. They are a challenge so I'm glad I've sorted the footwear issue so I can focus on getting better at them.

Mr S suffered. It was great. He couldn't quite manage all 3 sets of the core. But then he is using my 10kg bell so I'll forgive him. So looking forward to his views on Cardio Wk1! :D

Hi Sweet - you'll love Advanced. It's nice to do some new stuff and then when an "old favourite" pops up it's quite re-assuring. See how you get on the with the bendy planks. They are a challenge so I'm glad I've sorted the footwear issue so I can focus on getting better at them.

Mr S suffered. It was great. He couldn't quite manage all 3 sets of the core. But then he is using my 10kg bell so I'll forgive him. So looking forward to his views on Cardio Wk1! :D

Wow Mr Sue I am impressed!!!! My goodnes he is going to feel that tomorrow!!! lol I can't wait to hear what he thinks of week 1 cardio either.......with a 10kg :eek:

Back