Secret to shaping up

I have some possible solutions to side butt elevator lifty thingys

I do pilates. we are taught to engage our core but its worth understanding this.

the core is like a tin of beans/tomatoes/soup. the top of the tin is your diaphram, the sides are your obliques, the front your transverse, the back your erector spinae and other finger shaped muscles and finally the base is your pelvic floor (ummm think kegels or 'lifts' the stuff you do post baby birth). now you can practice contracting these all of these at any stage and try to belly breathe into these muscles - sounds odd but it works. then use these for plank, side bends etc..,

it called the theory of hyper irradiacy basically this central part provides a solid base for the rest. it just takes practice to know what it means
Evening all - wk3 Advanced completed with Resistance. Didn't enjoy it as much tonight as it was very shoulders and arms and my right shoulder started clicking half way though which was a bit off-putting, although painless!

Pleased to report the bendy planks worked with the trainers on so that's cracked. Still find the side butt elevators impossible. I'm putting so much weight onto my shoulder to lift myself up it hurts. So I core rowed my way through them in the 2nd set instead!

Had a crap day at work and I know its going to be really busy tomorrow as well. Perhaps I'm just not in the mood. :( What a misery I am! What will cheer me up though is seeing Mr Sue stagger down the stairs in about 15mins after doing Wk1 Core and seeing what a crumpled mess he is! Tee hee. :)

sweet pink said:
Come on chick you can do it!!!!! :) Honestly it didnt seem as bad 3rd time round & was 'almost' enjoyable!!!!

Sweet i talked myself into it and got week1 cardio done and dusted :)Yayyyy!!!! you're right it wasn't as bad as I remembered, completely forgot about the backwards lunges which are killers! In a weird way I did enjoy it although must say glad it's out the way for another 5 weeks :)

Sue it's defo the dark, dingy nights that do it to me!! Like you say I just wanna curl up on the sofa, gave myself a good talking to though and feel better for doing it! Don't want mr sue to be showing me up now!

Charlie( my pup) was watching me from the sofa with a bemused expression on his face!! I don't normally swing if I have an audience so that was a first :)

I have some possible solutions to side butt elevator lifty thingys

I do pilates. we are taught to engage our core but its worth understanding this.

the core is like a tin of beans/tomatoes/soup. the top of the tin is your diaphram, the sides are your obliques, the front your transverse, the back your erector spinae and other finger shaped muscles and finally the base is your pelvic floor (ummm think kegels or 'lifts' the stuff you do post baby birth). now you can practice contracting these all of these at any stage and try to belly breathe into these muscles - sounds odd but it works. then use these for plank, side bends etc..,

it called the theory of hyper irradiacy basically this central part provides a solid base for the rest. it just takes practice to know what it means

Thanks Martin. Will give it a try and see how I get on. I can't do them at all at the moment so I should be able to monitor progress pretty easily! :)

Sweet i talked myself into it and got week1 cardio done and dusted :)Yayyyy!!!! you're right it wasn't as bad as I remembered, completely forgot about the backwards lunges which are killers! In a weird way I did enjoy it although must say glad it's out the way for another 5 weeks :)

Sue it's defo the dark, dingy nights that do it to me!! Like you say I just wanna curl up on the sofa, gave myself a good talking to though and feel better for doing it! Don't want mr sue to be showing me up now!

Charlie( my pup) was watching me from the sofa with a bemused expression on his face!! I don't normally swing if I have an audience so that was a first :)

Glad to hear you have it over & done & it wasnt as bad as you remembered either!!! I'm glad I am able to do my workouts in the morning coz I'm not sure I would ever find the motivation after getting the kids to bed :eek:

Well I have just finished week 2 core this morning so thats week 2 completed. Core was great as always & I definitely enjoy ending the week with it. Again I used my 7.5kg KB all the way through without stopping which I'm dead chuffed about. I think I'm actually enjoying this time round the most :D

Cant wait to get going with week 3 on monday morning :D

My obliques are a bit sore this morning, from yesterday's wk1 core session. I reckon other bits will be too as the day goes on. So, it'll be resistance tomorrow and that will finish my first week.

I'm interested to know if the subsequent weeks are similar, in terms of exercises, to the weeks before, or completely new ones?

Also, did people find that as they progressed (especially those who have done little exercise beforehand) that the aches and pains lessened - or, are aches to be expected always?

Did a cheeky 20-25 minute session - Steve Cotter's own workout, well around half of it. He used 32kg x 2, I chose a more modest 12kg and 8kg. He didnt wear slippers or drink tea.

Fantastic workout - he is seriously fit and when it comes to kettlebells I dont think he can be bettered. Double handed takes a real concentration and often getting the weights where they need to be is the challange not just the weight itself, although he only did a few of these it was mainly singles.

If you are serious about kettlebells - then I cant recommend Steve Cotters encyclopedia of kettlebells DVD highly enough, which had this workout on as a bonus. Its an education and he knows his stuff - learn this and you will be leading sessions not taking them. Its not a follow along rather a well laid out tutorial and if kettlebells are going to part of your long term fitness these will be perfect. When you want to progress have this available, it will take you beyond the standard stuff. If I have a criticism its that he can be a bit technical and dry but he clearly loves this. Oh and he takes his shirt off so laydeez you have a treat and he is nearly as well muscled as me...

Meanwhile a few of you I think wanted to know - slippers, do I use fluffy ones or grandad type. Well at the moment its grandad type, matched with gardening/decorating joggers for that more sophisticated look. Its stylish and trend setting. I also drink earl grey tea (roughly body temperature not hot) but in a huge mug. This is the drink of champions.

Hi everyone- I've been lurking on here for a while now and thought it was about time I said hello! :)
Can I just start by saying how inspiring you all are and what fantastic results you've had from these magic bells!
I first started using kettlebells before xmas after coming across this site, and I was beginning to notice a difference. However over the festive period I slightly over indulged and did not exercise whatsoever, so am now back to square one :(
I've pretty much been freestyling as I am unable to afford the Kettleworx dvds atm, and as a lot of you have suggested, looked on youtube for workout ideas as well as learning about form.

I apologise in advance if it has already been mentioned on here ( I haven't read through all 248 pages :p) but on one of my random google searches I came across a site that gives you a list of the Kettleworx 6 week programme- with (i believe) all the exercises for cardio, core, resistance ect, as well as the advanced stuff. So thought it might be of interest to anyone who hasn't got Kettlework, as you could get an idea of the type of workout on the dvds.
This site wont let me post the link on here (maybe because its a google site) but all I did was google search "spell kettleworx" and the first few links are this site.

Anyway I'd better stop rambling- well done again on all your amazing results!
I can't wait to get back in the swing of things ;)

My obliques are a bit sore this morning, from yesterday's wk1 core session. I reckon other bits will be too as the day goes on. So, it'll be resistance tomorrow and that will finish my first week.

I'm interested to know if the subsequent weeks are similar, in terms of exercises, to the weeks before, or completely new ones?

Also, did people find that as they progressed (especially those who have done little exercise beforehand) that the aches and pains lessened - or, are aches to be expected always?

Hi Suseka,

The weeks all follow a similar format with a mixture of old & new exercises. I find as the weeks go on the aches definitely lessen at least until you maybe move up a weight

sweet pink said:
Well I have just finished week 2 core this morning so thats week 2 completed. Core was great as always & I definitely enjoy ending the week with it. Again I used my 7.5kg KB all the way through without stopping which I'm dead chuffed about. I think I'm actually enjoying this time round the most :D

Cant wait to get going with week 3 on monday morning :D

I have some catching up to do r3 buddy! Well done you're doing fab :)

Cleogin said:
I'm the same as Sweet....currently on week 3 of C25K (Mon, Wed, Fri) and I do Kettleworx on the other days. I agree they work really well together :)

Hey, me too -except I do the C25K on my exercise bike indoors for now due to the weather! :)

Shirleen said:
I find all exercise stalls my weightloss! But as I enjoy it I don't care and as I keep saying I dropped a dress size with only 4.5 lb loss on the scales! Diet only was taking me at least a stone to drop a size!!!

Comforting that! -as my husband says I've lost weight but the scales tell me otherwise! :D

Ello,

Just did the dreaded Cardio Wk1, and all that springs to mind is...WOW! lol. Thats wk1 finished for me now, bring on wk2! :) xx

I need to pick up my kettle bell at Tescos and get swinging.

So p'ed off! Picked up the Kettlenetics kit from Sainsburys and it doesn't have any DVD's in it! Grrr Phoned them and the computer system is down so I'm waiting for a call back.

Hello Swingers! Well I take it all back and bow down to Kettleworx, just done Level 1 Cardio and it was hardcore!! Please tell me that not all the Cardio workouts are going to be like that.

picklednut said:
Hello Swingers! Well I take it all back and bow down to Kettleworx, just done Level 1 Cardio and it was hardcore!! Please tell me that not all the Cardio workouts are going to be like that.

Lol the general feeling is that wk 1 cardio is a killer and the worst of them x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Week 1 is definitely the worst!!!

I get my cardio out the way first every week lol!

Finishing week6 tomorro, onto round 2 next week x

Wk 3 resistance completed yesterday...... Set 1 seemed to go on forever. Wanted to cry when I heard " let's do some lawnmowers" yay lets!!! Blxxdy things I hate them lol!
Running behind this week so gonna sneak core in on Sunday with c25k or I'm gonna be running behind. Week 4 on Tuesday :)

Back