Secret to shaping up

Oh and how could I forget... Congratulations mr sue!!!!!

I have soft hands from fairy liquid so to keep them in this condition and so I wont break my nails I wear these Valeo Wrist Wrap Gloves (formally ocelot)- : Accessories

Mine are 6-7yrs old, still in excellent shape and used for all weight training and the wrist support is excellent.

Just did 30 mins from Steve Cotter - slow workout going thru his encyclopedia, lots of single leg work and bottom up good to add variation

Ive decided to do some double bell work next its the new challenge....
I just gave my Kettle Bell its first swinging. I used the intro DVD that came with the bell. It had a "how to" demo part for some of the moves and then a basic work out. I may feel it tomorrow.

I then looked at the Charlotte Ord workouts (two) that I recorded: one was a Kettle Bell Core and the other was a Kettle Bell advanced. These seem a little too much like an advert. I think I need to get some proper DVDs.

I wonder if there is a Kettle Bell thing for the Wii?

Does anyone use workout gloves with their Kettle Bells? They made my hands hurt -- I could see how you'd form callouses pretty fast. I went and got my weight lifting glove and wore those.

Oh and how could I forget... Congratulations mr sue!!!!!

:D I'll pass that on, Chick. He recovered pretty quickly and still had enough energy to clean the bathrooms and mop the kitchen floor. He's clearly after something! I might have to monitor what he's looking at on ebay for the next couple of days! :D

I read numerous reviews on Amazon and finally just went with what I've heard good things about on this forum. So, I just the ordered Kettleworx intro and Kettleworx fast burn DVDs from a seller on Ebay.com (new). They will probably take a couple of weeks to arrive -- but as I have American DVD players (I also have British ones) I went with the NTSC format.

The refund from the adj kettle bell is about what these cost. So it is a wash on expense, atm.

Kron well done on completing your DVD :) hope there aren't too many aches tomorrow ! Had another look at the link and must say I was exhausted just watching it lol!!

Someone mentioned they were looking for a pilates DVD to do in between kb days( sorry I've forgotten who). I have one from the 'ten minute workout' series that I think is pretty good and only cost a few quid from amazon.

Thanks chickadee83 that was me - I'll go check them out on Amazon :)

Don't think my step swing missed one muscle, I can feel them from top to toe :) it's just a tight feeling so no aches..... yet lol

Mel great to hear you had your first swinging session :) your palms will feel it at first. I started using gloves when I got my 10 as the weight was pulling. A light weight glove like a cycling or golf glove gives you flexibility for passing the bell. No wii kb workouts as far as I know.

Martin enjoy double bells, I haven't done lots but it kicks it up a gear lol

What does Mr Sue want, you have trained him well to get the chores done :)

Karen I had a back injury and was in daily pain, not any more :) Back pain can be significantly reduced by strengthening core muscles, something the bells do well

Chick it was hard lol

Well done everyone.
Bought a 7.5kg bell today -yay! By comparison now my 5kg feels quite light. Methinks I'll ease into the 7.5kg gradually.
BTW, I was trying to impress my husband with my strength on this new shiny bell -then he walked over and picked it up with his little finger -I kid you not!!!
Happy days :D

Hi, been reading this thread with great interest :) I think id definately like to try this at some point, however i do already attend gym 3 times a week with swimming added at least once a week and i am starting training for a 5k run and starting 30 day shred this week so dont want to over do things so may start this when iv completed my 30 day shred. What id like to ask is....

Where do you buy your kettle bells from?? Iv looked on ebay, but nothing there id purchase just yet but id definately keep eye on there in case they pop up locally :)

You all seem to be doing a fantastic job with these bells, i feel im missing out he he he he Great thread :)

Thanks,

Sarah x

A further 1 inch from my bust and 1.5inches from my waist.

14.5 inches lost in total on round one kettleworx. Onto Round 2, see you there!

Well done everyone.
Bought a 7.5kg bell today -yay! By comparison now my 5kg feels quite light. Methinks I'll ease into the 7.5kg gradually.
BTW, I was trying to impress my husband with my strength on this new shiny bell -then he walked over and picked it up with his little finger -I kid you not!!!
Happy days :D

Mwwaa haaa sounds like mine! He body builds and laughs at me strugging with a 7.5kg.. SWINE!

Sarah-Louise you can get them from most larger supermarkets like sainsburys and tescos/asdas. Argos also do them!

Ah can i, thank you :) I shall have a look in my local stores tmrw :) Your doing great on your work outs, well done!! i cant wait to join in :) x

Great inch loss Joanne, well done!

Looking forward to round 2 results and slightly scared about using a larger weight.

There is an exercise on week 6 resistence, holding the KB in your right or left arm and resting the weight on your forearm for 10 seconds each arm. Flipping Ryan the muscle man not breaking a sweat! But me, sweat dripping off me and my arms were shaking!

Newbies don't be put off by that, its so worth 30 mins 3 times a week for the results!

Joanne24 said:
A further 1 inch from my bust and 1.5inches from my waist.

14.5 inches lost in total on round one kettleworx. Onto Round 2, see you there!

Wow Joanne, that's great; well done -RESULT! :)

Well done Joanne. x

Done Cardio Week 1 a few hours ago. Man that was harder than I thought it would be! My arms are ridiculously weak! Got through it though :) Excited to keep going!

Bostik said:
Done Cardio Week 1 a few hours ago. Man that was harder than I thought it would be! My arms are ridiculously weak! Got through it though :) Excited to keep going!

Hi Bostik, good job! Wk 1 Cardio seems to be the toughest so the rest should be more fun though still challenging :)

Wk 6 Core done. Glad I did 2 of the 3 sets using my 7.5kg bell! Using the 5kg on the 3rd set seemed like a breather.
I feel pretty wobbly right now but very pleased :D

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed that the day after a KW workout, you see a gain on the scales? I was down 3lbs this week and then I did the Cardio workout on Saturday and yesterday morning I was up 0.75lb despite staying to plan and then yesterday (I know, no gap day but it was in case I saw a gain from it) I did Core and this morning I'm up 1lb more. I've been well within my calories both days so it isn't like I've gained fat. I know that sweet pink said that after Core she went up 3lbs on the scales the next day, just wondering if anyone else found the same? And if so, when did you see it come off again? I'm not normally a daily weigher but I have been this week because, out of interest, I'm trying to look at the things that cause weight fluctuations for me. There isn't any real reason for it, I'm just one of those people that likes to know how things work and why!

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed that the day after a KW workout, you see a gain on the scales? I was down 3lbs this week and then I did the Cardio workout on Saturday and yesterday morning I was up 0.75lb despite staying to plan and then yesterday (I know, no gap day but it was in case I saw a gain from it) I did Core and this morning I'm up 1lb more. I've been well within my calories both days so it isn't like I've gained fat. I know that sweet pink said that after Core she went up 3lbs on the scales the next day, just wondering if anyone else found the same? And if so, when did you see it come off again? I'm not normally a daily weigher but I have been this week because, out of interest, I'm trying to look at the things that cause weight fluctuations for me. There isn't any real reason for it, I'm just one of those people that likes to know how things work and why!

Hi Caroline, its cardio & resistance that I notice the scales up the day after. I do core after my weigh in so not as sure about that one.

Back