Secret to shaping up

Never really noticed but its worth it for the inch loss. If your toning up and going down dress wise then I wouldnt worry too much about the scales (easy said than done I know!) x

Hi All, started Week 2 Cardio this week and managed a few moves with a 7.5kg but had to switch to my 5kg for most of it. Couldn't manage the figure of 8s, my co-ordination wouldn't work.

Just wondering if you would still lose lots of inches by using Kettleworx alone with some form of dieting / healthier eating. Can one hour of exercise per week for six weeks really produce good inch loss results?

I presume most people will be doing other exercises as well as Kettleworx so how much can contributed to Kettleworx and how much to the other exercises? I wonder how much inch loss you would get by Kettleworx alone vs Kettleworx with other exercises.

Just interested to know. Im a massive fan of swinging, glad I got Cardio out of way today as its my least favourite.

Hi All, started Week 2 Cardio this week and managed a few moves with a 7.5kg but had to switch to my 5kg for most of it. Couldn't manage the figure of 8s, my co-ordination wouldn't work.

Just wondering if you would still lose lots of inches by using Kettleworx alone with some form of dieting / healthier eating. Can one hour of exercise per week for six weeks really produce good inch loss results?

I presume most people will be doing other exercises as well as Kettleworx so how much can contributed to Kettleworx and how much to the other exercises? I wonder how much inch loss you would get by Kettleworx alone vs Kettleworx with other exercises.

Just interested to know. Im a massive fan of swinging, glad I got Cardio out of way today as its my least favourite.

Hi Picklednut - I do no other form of exercise other than Kettleworx and follow the Weight watchers Pro-Points plan. I started KW 15 weeks into my diet. In my mind there is no doubt the addition of KW has kept my weight loss pretty consistent. Of course I haven't stopped doing KW after just one 6 week round. I am now on Round 4 and plan to keep on swinging forever and ever. It fits with my lifestyle and means I don't have to set foot into a gym! What's not to like! :D

Going from 5 to 7.5kg is a pretty big jump really.

Well I do Kettleworx and calorie counting. I had a small loss last week, only 0.75lbs, but lost an inch from my waist, hips and back. I only measure my waist, hips, back and bust. I don't do my legs and arms, used to find that I was never sure if I was measuring at the same point or not so stopped with them. I'm on track for another good loss this week in terms of inches and a better loss on the scales, so yes, 1 hour a week can make a huge difference. I think the thing to remember here is that each work out is intense and that by using a weight, you're keeping your metabolism raised for longer after you've finished and building muscle, which will help you lose inches and raise your metabolism.

Other exercises I find will help more with seeing the scales go down rather than the inches, from my experience anyway because the other exercises that I and most others seem to do alongside Kettleworx are cardio based.

Just did my second KB intro workout. I will weigh tomorrow, but as I have not weighed in a week I will not know if the KB has affected my weight or not.

It might mean you have a lower loss but check your measurements too!

Hi all :)

After mt step swing yesterday I can say I can feel my muscles - butt, thighs, calves as well as arms, shoulders, obliques. Not hurting just can feel them when I move :) so definitely got a good workout even if it was an uncoordinated one lol

Trimlee great o hear you got your 7.5 and then using it for 2 sets of core while easing into it gently :) you will need to challenge hubby to week 1 cardio lol

Sarah-louise welcome, Gosh your busy! Hope you get your bell and come swing with us soon :)

Joanne that's a brilliant result, 14.5 inches for 6 hours of swinging, got to love those bells :) Glad to hear your getting on with round 2 and looking forward to seeing more inches swinging off you. A heavier bell may seem hard at first, but within a few goes your 5 will feel like a feather x

Be back in a min, hit post reply button by mistake, and still a bit more catching up to do lol

Bostik well done for completing week 1 cardio, it is the hardest one, even after a few rounds lol

Caroline I admit to being a daily weigher lol I consistently lost weight while swinging, and my weight would fluctuate daily so this is quite natural. There is the possibility you drink more when swinging so may have slight gains due to extra fluids. Your body will naturally fluctuate, so as long as your food is good those lbs will go. A lot of people first starting exercise, esp weight based, will have a small weight gain for the first week or two, then it levels out :)

Picklednut Wow using your 7.5 on week 2 :) it will be hard for some moves, but if you can manage it, go for it. I only do the bells, no other exercise at all. Any weight based training will have quicker results for inch loss versus running for example. If you do other forms of exercise it is all going to help. Diet is the key to weight loss, and lots of people lose weight without doing any exercise! They just don't get toned and drop dress sizes like swingers do :) as you can see by all the results posted by the belles here, inch loss is huge!

Mel hope your catching onto the moves :)

Evening,

I ended up doing Cardio Week 2 this morning instead of waiting until Friday, just so I can get it out the way lol and it's much easier than week 1 thank god! :) im feeling so much better in myself already xx

Leapj nasty cardio lol we all tend to have our favourites. Can you believe some belles actually like cardio! My fav is core :)

Kettlebell purchase:
I bought an iron 'Maxi Muscle' 7.5kg bell from Argos yesterday (£15) but realised it had no outer plastic coating.
Swapped it today for a Tesco' s iron 7.5kg bell (£2 less at £13 -yay!)
I was a bit concerned about accidental drops or the children getting hold of it, so I'm much more comfortable with the outer coating.
Just a heads up tip for belles who are thinking of buying. :)

have you tried fig 8 to hold? this might be better to stage you to a full fig 8.

also fig 8 should be done in the 'hours' stance (well thats what martial arts call it) with upper thighs parallel to the ground - it can be easier as you get more clearance than 3/4 squat.

Just wondering, has anyone else noticed that the day after a KW workout, you see a gain on the scales? I was down 3lbs this week and then I did the Cardio workout on Saturday and yesterday morning I was up 0.75lb despite staying to plan and then yesterday (I know, no gap day but it was in case I saw a gain from it) I did Core and this morning I'm up 1lb more. I've been well within my calories both days so it isn't like I've gained fat. I know that sweet pink said that after Core she went up 3lbs on the scales the next day, just wondering if anyone else found the same? And if so, when did you see it come off again? I'm not normally a daily weigher but I have been this week because, out of interest, I'm trying to look at the things that cause weight fluctuations for me. There isn't any real reason for it, I'm just one of those people that likes to know how things work and why!

Hi,

I ALWAYS see a gain on the scales after a kb workout or a low loss on official WI if I've swung the day before! It normally sorts itself out after a few days though so don't worry!! Make sure you drink plenty of water! I also found that the first few weeks of kw my weigh loss stalled but I continued to lose inches and rest assured the weigh loss eventually caught up again.

Last edited:

I only use kettleworx 3 times per week and have had great inch loss. I never actually measured but if you look at my pictures in my link you can see the difference clearly :) also felt a massive difference in my clothes :)

I imagine that if I included more exercise on top of kettleworx the results would be even better but I'm the first to admit I'm quite lazy lol

Kettlworx works :)

Hi Martin, not sure what you mean by figure of 8 in hold. The exercise was doing figures of 8 between legs whilst seated and doing scissors with legs.

Really pleased people have got inch losses with Kettleworx alone. It really does feel like the cheats way to losing inches and getting fit. Who has pics I could look at to see the inch losses?

Hi Martin, not sure what you mean by figure of 8 in hold. The exercise was doing figures of 8 between legs whilst seated and doing scissors with legs.

Really pleased people have got inch losses with Kettleworx alone. It really does feel like the cheats way to losing inches and getting fit. Who has pics I could look at to see the inch losses?

I agree it does feel like the cheats way a bit :) I'd have to pound the gym for hours to get similar results I think!! Of course we have all worked very hard for our inch loss, the bells are not easy just super effective if you are giving your body a good challenge and filling it with the right fuel :)

I do slimming world and lost 3 stone before I started doing KB but my weight has stalled. I'm not really bothered about it as much because I am losing the inches.

The other other exercise I do (when the mood takes me) is the 30 day shred but I don't really do anything else.

Hi Guys.I am back an old injury came back to haunt me, i hurt my shoulder many years ago and while i was away for xmas managed to aggravate it,but not with the bells.I am starting back on Sat as i want to do wk 1 cardio first to get it out of the way and also to give my shoulder/arm another few days to get stronger.You have all been doing so well,Happy New Year ev 1.Will let you know how i get on Sat prob wont be able to sit as cardio killed me last time:D

Good luck :) Hope you're fully recovered and cope okay

Leapj nasty cardio lol we all tend to have our favourites. Can you believe some belles actually like cardio! My fav is core :)

I'm one of them! Core is my favourite but I do actually like cardio too lol :rolleyes:

Back