Secret to shaping up

A1000 said:
Hi Sue, yep, got all the workouts now plus the "fat free in 42" part.....it's amazing what you can find on the Internet if you know where to look!!!! I've done the fast fat burn before, but not the fast abs.

Agree with the comments about Kettleworx Kimberley too!!! ;)

Alan

I've quoted the wrong post sorry. I just wanted to get the right person and am on phone so didn't want to scroll back pages.
The post I wanted to answer was the bingeing/gorging one.
I just wondered if the Cambridge is right for you, in that as it restricts eating so that your mindset changes to believe that a small overindulgence might be perceived by you as a binge. I'm not saying you don't I've not witnessed it, but that your binges may get less but because you feel guilty you go all out?
In not sure I'm making sense.
For instance I do SW and had a day that I considered 'off plan'.
I was just about to go mad with food when I decided to tot up my syns, and in actual fact I was only 7 over for that day and still under for that week, my perceptions had made me feel I'd eaten more than I should.
What I love about SW is you can have a blow out meal (to full up) occasionally and still be ok for a loss. The rule is to eat until full and stop. Well sometimes I can eat till a way past full and still be ok because of WHAT I've eaten not how much.
Cambridge is brilliant for fast results, but doesn't always teach you the best practice for food.
Just a thought, I'll shuddup now! :p

Cambridge is brilliant for fast results, but doesn't always teach you the best practice for food.

I completely agree with you...it has the potential to trigger a number of eating disorders too!

For me, I started it out of pure desperation.....I was at rock bottom and the diet just just clicked for some reason. Stuck to it for 14 weeks without a single blip. Admittedly I wasn't eating what I should have been....having three meals instead of four some days.

I do know I'd never have lost the weight I did without this diet, I was always looking for a quick fix and tried all manner of things. Cambridge Diet helped me realise that even on an extreme diet, which this really was, it will still take time to take off what I've spent 25 years putting on!

Saying that, there's no way I'd ever do it again. I lost muscle as well as fat and became ill by the end, which is why I stopped. I'd much rather lose by healthier eating and intense exercise!

Alan

ailly congratulations on your engagement!

Just finished Wk3 Cardio, I actually rather like it! Does that make me weird?!

sweet pink doing those gun slingers with 5kg is enough for me, hats off to you doing them with 7.5kg, can't imagine it myself!! I'm tempted to buy a 5kg weight so that when I move up past 5kg for everything else, I can switch back to 5kg quickly for those things, like gun slingers, that are just that bit too hard with a heavier weight. I've got an adjustable weight, would be too much of a pain to take weights off and add them on half way through a workout.

I've got the fast fat burn and fast abs too, I started with them before I started the Kettleworx 6 week programme and actually think the full programme is easier even though it's longer! They're good though.

I definitely wouldnt recommend them with a 7.5kg!!! I'm struggling to lift my fork at lunch which I suppose in a round about way maybe isnt a bad thing the day before weigh in!!!! lol

Caroline what weight does your adjustable bell go up to?

Hi -- I just did the intro DVD that came with my 10lb Kettlebell for the third time (I skipped yesterday -- meant to do it and put it off and ran out of time).

I have ordered some DVDs but I think I will order the cardio, core and resistance ones, as well.

Hi -- I just did the intro DVD that came with my 10lb Kettlebell for the third time (I skipped yesterday -- meant to do it and put it off and ran out of time).

I have ordered some DVDs but I think I will order the cardio, core and resistance ones, as well.

Hi MinnieMel - if that's the Kettleworx Intro DVD you have there, you are actually doing the wk1 Cardio workout. I only know this because when I first started I watched the Intro DVD and did the sample workout on the Saturday and then started proper the next day with Wk1 Cardio. This is not to be recommended :eek: I couldn't move for a couple of days! :D

Shazzac62 said:
My bf has managed to get a hold of kw DVDs for me, I had wanted for a long time but kudnt afford but now he has managed to get me a copy but they are level 2 which I've heard are the advanced, wud I b better trying to get first set or are these on to start with xx

Can anyone help me with this??

I wouldn't recommend starting with Level 2, advanced is called advanced for a reason! If you've done a lot of kettlebell stuff in the past then maybe, otherwise I think you need to walk before you run and start with the first set.

Caroline what weight does your adjustable bell go up to?

It does 3-7kg in 1kg increments, not bad for £12.50. Might get a 5kg whilst they're still half price though.

My bf has managed to get a hold of kw DVDs for me, I had wanted for a long time but kudnt afford but now he has managed to get me a copy but they are level 2 which I've heard are the advanced, wud I b better trying to get first set or are these on to start with xx

Hi there, i'm relatively new to this thread so i'm sure some of the more experienced swingers will give an answer, but i'm assuming the level 2 was obtained from a certain site - it does mean you haven't got the full range of workouts or exercises.

I'd definitely recommend starting with the six week plan which focusses on resistance, cardio and core. This can be obtained from a variety of online shops....the main kettleworx site, amazon or some others. I'd message you direct with other places ;) but i haven't made enough posts yet!

I started with the type of videos you had and found them much harder....also having no end goal set also meant it was easier to give up. Having the goal of six weeks gives you something to work towards. Each week the workouts are slightly different meaning you have variety, making things a little more interesting.

Theres also loads of links for example workouts throughout this thread, particularly in Kron's signature, posts by MartinD, etc.

Hope that helps for the time being!

Alan

Hi Shazza - my apologies. I saw your post earlier but then completely forgot to answer it!

I'm doing the level 2 or advanced dvds now. I did three rounds of the standard KW before this. With my fitness level I would not have stood a chance going straight in on level 2, but you may well be different. It has a higher tempo than the standard and assumes you know what you're doing with many of the moves as they are already familiar. For example you progress to doing one handed versions of exercises you are already used to but doing two handed, if you know what I mean!

It is still a 6 week programme split into Cardio, Core and Resistance which is the same format as the standard one. If you can get your hands on this then that might be better for you.

Alan made a good point that he started with a couple of the body specific DVDs and found them hard going so gave up for a while.

It's really up to you and how you feel about your fitness level. Any exercise is better than nothing, but it wouldn't have worked for me. I'd have done the same as Alan and legged it! :D

caroline g said:
ailly congratulations on your engagement!

Just finished Wk3 Cardio, I actually rather like it! Does that make me weird?!

Thanks Caroline, I'm looking forward to all that goes with the wedding, and even more surprisingly
Looking forward to having a very specific goal for my target. If you're weird, then I guess I am too. That was the first week that I really enjoyed cardio. Enjoy the rest of your sessions this week!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Cardio-Lovers are just weird :p

Cat Lover Sue said:
When I first started KW I couldn't even do a push up and spent many a workout on my knees (oh er Mrs)! :D
:D

Errm... I still do!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Cardio-Lovers are just weird :p

I agree, but week three is a little bit special! Because I was working with such low weights I was doing core and res on the same day and cardio on another. Week three though, I actually managed to do an extra core!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I've tried and failed to do full push-ups, I've never been able to do it, I manage one 1/2 one and then collapse. I've no upper body strength at all.

Wk1 core for me today, should have done it yesterday naughty me!

I've tried and failed to do full push-ups, I've never been able to do it, I manage one 1/2 one and then collapse. I've no upper body strength at all.

Wk1 core for me today, should have done it yesterday naughty me!

When I did pilates doing the plank made me cry.

Errm... I still do!

I promise you Trimlee it will come. It took me ages and ages but I can do them now. The plank took me a while too. When I first started I ended up face down on the mat a number of times. It's great though when you suddenly realise you're doing it and you see your progress.

My husband still laughs at the thought of me being able to do push ups. I think in a "I'm so proud of you way" - better be anyway! :D

When I did pilates doing the plank made me cry.

Sorry Mel but that's just made me snort with laughter. I can just see myself snivelling on the mat trying to plank whilst crying and nose running! :D

You should have seen me when I tried to do a pull up at the gym... you'd have thought someone ran over my dog.

You should have seen me when I tried to do a pull up at the gym... you'd have thought someone ran over my dog.

:D But seriously a pull up :eek: That's hardcore. The chances of me ever doing one of those is zero! I'd probably pull the bar off the wall! Timber! :D

Back