Secret to shaping up

Can anyone help me with this??

I'm on my 3rd time through the level 1 & having seen bits & pieces of the level 2 its not something I would recommend but each to their own. I do think you would be much better starting off at the level 1 & working on your form on simpler moves before trying the advanced. I personally would be afraid of doing myself an injury

Thanks Caroline, I'm looking forward to all that goes with the wedding, and even more surprisingly
Looking forward to having a very specific goal for my target. If you're weird, then I guess I am too. That was the first week that I really enjoyed cardio. Enjoy the rest of your sessions this week!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Week 3 cardio definitely rocks!!! Its been my favourite everytime I have done it :D

When I did pilates doing the plank made me cry.

It will come. I'm sure Kron remember how much I moaned about the plank when I first started with kettleworx!!! Now I love it coz at least its a chance to catch my breath!!!! lol

Hey all! After reading about the kettlebells and how good they are meant to be I went and purchased some in Argos - a set of 3 - 2kg, 3kg and 4kg. My OH has a 7kg one aswell. So night 1 when I get home I try it out - my mother makes me stand against the wall while squatting so I keep my back straight - for 3 DAYS i was in agony! My legs were in bits! And thats with 2kg?!?! :O I really am allergic to exercise! Been in bed sick since and have had exams but the kettlebells shall be started on monday once again and I hope to do them every second day! :)

When I first started working with weights in general (not kettlebells) and doing squats and stuff, I only done it once a week and it'd take me the whole week for everything to stop aching! Abs would hurt so much I couldn't even laugh! Now I do it four times a week and barely hurts. Keep at it and you'll notice the improvement :)

OMG how many posts since i was here yesterday lol :)

Just wanted to pop in quickly, as i am going out shortly

Hi to all our new swingers :) Hope to catch up with you all soon, and I see the lovely belles here have provided lots of good answers to your questions.

I have had a few laughs and smiles while I have been reading thru, a great way to cheer up after getting in from a very busy day at work

See you later x

Hello again fellow 'swingers' :)

Did week 2 core today, and surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it. I even enjoyed week 2 Cardio on Tues. So I'm definitely getting into the swing of it (no pun intended). I managed to push through more exercises than I did in week 1 and although it's hard for me to 'see' the benefits as I still have far to much fat on my body, I know it must be working underneath.

I'm sticking with the 3kg for now -although I know many moved up a kg or two quite quickly -so I'll just see how it goes in week 3. I've had the odd 'light headed' moment this week - due (I suspect) to my being on a VLCD - so I'm being cautious about overdoing things.

Once I've dropped a couple of stone, then this may well encourage me to swop earlier than I originally intended onto a low carb plan - so I can feed my body and build more strength so that I can put more into the KB's (if that makes sense). This might naturally coincide with my aim to go through the six week series twice, the second time with the 10lb bell that came with the set.

Well having read this thread and all the tips Ive taken the plung and bought a kettlebell and kettleworx gonna give it a bash at trying to tone up as I have so much to loose - Im not expecting miracles but to have some tone and definition would be nice. Im sure I will see a difference, as at yet Ive done very little excercise!
Wish me luck!
x

:standing up from my chair: Hi, I'm Picklednut and welcome to Kettleworx Anonymous, I think I've become an addict. I love the after effects of Kettleworx the next day when I feel like my stomach has been "pulled-in". I love the fact it fits so easily into my busy routine and I "miss" it on my days "off".

I've only been doing KW for almost two weeks and love it. I have however found that my 5kg bell feels a bit light on some of the exercises and not sure if I should get a 7.5kg bell or just work through the 6-week program with just my 5kg bell and the progress to the next weight. Will I still get good results even if I just stick to my 5kg bell? If I'm not aching or really "feeling I've worked out" the next day I almost feel like I've "failed".

Also, sometimes it feels ages between the workouts with the day inbetween and wondered if you really do need to just do KW every other day or can you do it more as long as you have a rest day in the week? I was thinking of maybe fitting in a Fast Abs or Fast Burn on my inbetween days. Would love to hear what KW rountine/s you follow in a week.

Hi lovely swingers :)

Picklednut, I think it was around week 2/3 that I switched to my 7.5 kg so I'd advise you not to wait! You may need to use for the 5kg for some moves( gunslingers and half get ups for me!!) the more you feel challenged the better the results :)

Well I have just completed week 2 res :) really enjoyed it 3rd time around and felt my balance was much better :)

Forgot to say... Welcome new people, nice to have so many people on board now!

Wk 4 adv core done woop woop

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Donzy - how you finding wk4? I found it really hard going - rewarding - but hard going!

:standing up from my chair: Hi, I'm Picklednut and welcome to Kettleworx Anonymous, I think I've become an addict. I love the after effects of Kettleworx the next day when I feel like my stomach has been "pulled-in". I love the fact it fits so easily into my busy routine and I "miss" it on my days "off".

I've only been doing KW for almost two weeks and love it. I have however found that my 5kg bell feels a bit light on some of the exercises and not sure if I should get a 7.5kg bell or just work through the 6-week program with just my 5kg bell and the progress to the next weight. Will I still get good results even if I just stick to my 5kg bell? If I'm not aching or really "feeling I've worked out" the next day I almost feel like I've "failed".

Also, sometimes it feels ages between the workouts with the day inbetween and wondered if you really do need to just do KW every other day or can you do it more as long as you have a rest day in the week? I was thinking of maybe fitting in a Fast Abs or Fast Burn on my inbetween days. Would love to hear what KW rountine/s you follow in a week.

If I have the time on my in between days I tend to do the fast abs, fast fat burn or do a bit of a freestyle workout. If I'm a bit achey I try to stretch out with a bit of yoga. I love the achey muscles feeling too & it definitely makes me feel like I have had a good workout. If the 5kg is starting to feel light for certain exercises then I would definitely try the 7.5kg & you can always swap between them if need be. Sounds like you are doing great :)

Week 4 Resistance done.... A welcome return of the disco side bends :)

Hello to all new peeps

Yay!!!! I love those disco side bends!!!!! Looking forward to monday now :D

Did my first ever Kettleworx session last night (advance resistance week 1 dvd). Really enjoyed it - the class went really quickly and didnt actually seem that difficult...

... but oh my goodness this morning I can definitely feel the burn! I am literally aching in places I have never hurt before! On a really sadistic level, I'm loving the sense of satisfaction - no pain no gain eh?

Heres to lots more swinging .. and hopefully some good results! x

Evening all! Wow -it's been busy on here. Welcome to the new folks, this is such an encouraging thread and it's like lots of kettlebell cousins!
I've had a few laughs reading this evening about the flops to the mat whilst doing planks -cos that's me too! Only this morning I told myself 'right, I'll hold it for a 10 second count' but......!
I completely identify with the 'what's hit me?' feeling with the 7.5kg bell, having just started using it.
Great advice on using the 5 still for certain moves.
Well done everyone, this thread is certainly helping us keep on track :)

Evening all! Wow -it's been busy on here. Welcome to the new folks, this is such an encouraging thread and it's like lots of kettlebell cousins!
I've had a few laughs reading this evening about the flops to the mat whilst doing planks -cos that's me too! Only this morning I told myself 'right, I'll hold it for a 10 second count' but......!
I completely identify with the 'what's hit me?' feeling with the 7.5kg bell, having just started using it.
Great advice on using the 5 still for certain moves.
Well done everyone, this thread is certainly helping us keep on track :)

Hold the plank for as long a count as you can & try to increase by 1 each time!!! You'll have it in no time at all :) I remember my first ever plank & flopping down onto the mat thinking I would never get up again!!!!

I agree - its really busy.. great to be able to hear so many peoples experiences!

I literally had never heard of kettle bells until I joined this forum.. it seems like they are a bit of a phenomenon!! x

I agree - its really busy.. great to be able to hear so many peoples experiences!

I literally had never heard of kettle bells until I joined this forum.. it seems like they are a bit of a phenomenon!! x

I agree. I had never heard of them until I read Krons post & am soo glad I made the investment. This is my 3rd time round with them & the results they give are amazing :)

Hi everyone. I have been AWOL once again and for too long!! Have been keeping up with the thread tho and am very impressed with everyone's progress!!

Anyway, I started round 2 today! :)
It has been a while so sating with a 6kg bell (used a 4 with round one and switched to 6 on about week 5) I started on the dreaded core because I like to get it out of the way!! Wasn't too bad. Will do my inches tonight and see how I get on over the six weeks. May take a little longer tho as need to fit in Zumba and running too. X

Hi everyone. I have been AWOL once again and for too long!! Have been keeping up with the thread tho and am very impressed with everyone's progress!!

Anyway, I started round 2 today! :)
It has been a while so sating with a 6kg bell (used a 4 with round one and switched to 6 on about week 5) I started on the dreaded core because I like to get it out of the way!! Wasn't too bad. Will do my inches tonight and see how I get on over the six weeks. May take a little longer tho as need to fit in Zumba and running too. X

Dreaded core??? You must be the only person I know that dreads core!!! lol

Great to see you back. I cant wait to the longer nights so that I can get back out running too!!! Hows the running going?

Press ups are the best. Mind you im rubbish at them...

1. use your abs - tight abs mean easier press up
2. off your knees - work off your knees if too hard doing full works
3. still too hard - do box press ups (make a table top, so resting on knees and hands back is a table top)
4. still too much - stand up and do them against a wall

you will get there...even I have!
I've tried and failed to do full push-ups, I've never been able to do it, I manage one 1/2 one and then collapse. I've no upper body strength at all.

Wk1 core for me today, should have done it yesterday naughty me!

Back