Secret to shaping up

It isn't!!! I'm waiting for lighter nights too. My old dog can't run with me any more and not allowed to go out on my own in the dark!!! ;)
Going to try and leave work early at least once a week so I can go before I pick my boys up, then I'll try to fit a run on at the weekend.
Really hate core. Not sure if it's because I have (had - it has got stronger during round 1) a weak core or because there are 3 sets?!!? Give me cardio or resistance any day!! X

It isn't!!! I'm waiting for lighter nights too. My old dog can't run with me any more and not allowed to go out on my own in the dark!!! ;)
Going to try and leave work early at least once a week so I can go before I pick my boys up, then I'll try to fit a run on at the weekend.
Really hate core. Not sure if it's because I have (had - it has got stronger during round 1) a weak core or because there are 3 sets?!!? Give me cardio or resistance any day!! X

Its hard to fit everything in isnt it. Next year my youngest will be at nursery in the mornings so I'm hoping I'll be able to carry on through next winter coz I find combining KB & running works really well for me (toning & weight loss ;))

So I'm considering buying the kettlebell and just wanted to ask a fewwww more questions.

1. is a 5kg kettlebell good enough for the entire 6 week program?

2. i have had a look at the kettleworx dvds and they are quite pricey and can't find any used ones on ebay. Does anyone use a program other than the kettleworx one that they would recommend? Anything on youtube? And is it as effective in terms of weight loss / inch loss?

Thanks in advance x

Done Resistance week 1 a couple of hours ago. Man my arms hurt during that! Still managable though :)

So I'm considering buying the kettlebell and just wanted to ask a fewwww more questions.

1. is a 5kg kettlebell good enough for the entire 6 week program?

2. i have had a look at the kettleworx dvds and they are quite pricey and can't find any used ones on ebay. Does anyone use a program other than the kettleworx one that they would recommend? Anything on youtube? And is it as effective in terms of weight loss / inch loss?

Thanks in advance x

5kg is more than enough to start with for the first 6 weeks. You can go to the 7.5 if your brave enough but 5kg is a great starting point.

You tube links for basic swinging exercises http://www.minimins.com/3839974-post178.html
Cheap DVDs I have come across http://www.minimins.com/3966838-post717.html
DVDs I have with a brief review (have more now lol) http://www.minimins.com/3780599-post7.html

Kron has alot of links in her signature for youtube videos etc, which I have copied from the first page for you. And if you skip back a few pages there is loads of information for beginners :) x

GUYS! The new slimming world magazine has a kettle bellE in it ;) Very interesting story, I honestly think its going to pick up and take over Zumba haha!

Me again! Not sure if Mr Cheese realises this, but they seem to be giving away the 'Fat Free in 42 days" pdf booklet through the main UK Kettleworx site.

However, when you look for it through the product page, they are trying to charge £9.99 ??? :eek:

Its here....get it while you can!! :D

Alan

Loved reading this, thank you!

Although page 54 had me howling with laughter at the before photo of the girl that was pregnant :D

Joanne24 said:
Loved reading this, thank you!

Although page 54 had me howling with laughter at the before photo of the girl that was pregnant :D

Me??? I didn't think my pics were up? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me??? I didn't think my pics were up? X

Is it you??

I meant because shes heavy pregnant in the before and then the after she has the baby and is all toned!

'Kettleworx can make you have your baby!' :D

That's one way of losing weight!!!!

Managed to do week two core and then resistance yesterday, tummy aches today but feeling good!

Aiming to start week three today....might as well get cardio out the way!

Thats week 3 core done & me at the half way point again :D

I took all of my measurements & lost the following
waist - 1 inch
hips - 1 inch
back 1 inch
chest - 1.5 inches
upper arms - 0.25 inches
thighs - 0.5 inches
calf - 0.25 inches
bum - 1 inch
just above knee - 1 inch

I'm pretty pleased with that & it definitely makes up for a STS on the scales this week :D

Nice one Sweet. Excellent results for your round 3. Just shows the bells keep on working! :)

Joanne24 said:
Is it you??

I meant because shes heavy pregnant in the before and then the after she has the baby and is all toned!

'Kettleworx can make you have your baby!' :D

Lol no not me then! Lol I started kw after baby and did put up photos but not pregnant ones phew!!! X

Nice one Sweet. Excellent results for your round 3. Just shows the bells keep on working! :)

Yep they definitely do. I did put on a few inches though when I had to stop so I guess the important thing is to keep going :D Still dead chuffed with the results though. It definitely makes all the suffering worthwhile

sweet pink said:

waist - 1 inch
hips - 1 inch
back 1 inch
chest - 1.5 inches
upper arms - 0.25 inches
thighs - 0.5 inches
calf - 0.25 inches
bum - 1 inch
just above knee - 1 inch

I'm pretty pleased with that & it definitely makes up for a STS on the scales this week :D

Great inch loss Sweet Pink!

Hey I'm so pleased today; I've completed 6 weeks of Kettleworx! So glad I stuck with it this time. I got half way through in November then stopped and had several weeks of careless eating and no exercise.

I'm really not sure which of my stats are a true reflection - I took them back in November then gained a lot of weight and inches. Couldn't bear to know what they were when I restarted in late Dec but did them a couple of weeks ago.
Guess I'll measure and compare all 3 sets!

Anyway, I'm just pleased regardless: I'm exercising regularly, eating somewhat better and have a plan! I've moved up in weight of kettlebell (5 to 7.5kg) and I have such great support on this forum!!
Roll on Round 2!!! :D

waist - 1 inch
hips - 1 inch
back 1 inch
chest - 1.5 inches
upper arms - 0.25 inches
thighs - 0.5 inches
calf - 0.25 inches
bum - 1 inch
just above knee - 1 inch

wow thats brilliant..is that just that one week or since the beginning? and is it one round per week? and are you doing the kettleworx one or another ?

wow thats brilliant..is that just that one week or since the beginning? and is it one round per week? and are you doing the kettleworx one or another ?

That is after 3 weeks (the half way point) of kettleworx with 3 sessions a week as recommended so really just 3 hours exercise in total :D

waist - 1 inch
hips - 1 inch
back 1 inch
chest - 1.5 inches
upper arms - 0.25 inches
thighs - 0.5 inches
calf - 0.25 inches
bum - 1 inch
just above knee - 1 inch

Fantastic! These are the non scale victories that make it all worth it!

Lol no not me then! Lol I started kw after baby and did put up photos but not pregnant ones phew!!! X

Lol! I've not seen your before pictures, I dont think x

Hey I'm so pleased today; I've completed 6 weeks of Kettleworx! So glad I stuck with it this time. I got half way through in November then stopped and had several weeks of careless eating and no exercise.

I'm really not sure which of my stats are a true reflection - I took them back in November then gained a lot of weight and inches. Couldn't bear to know what they were when I restarted in late Dec but did them a couple of weeks ago.
Guess I'll measure and compare all 3 sets!

Anyway, I'm just pleased regardless: I'm exercising regularly, eating somewhat better and have a plan! I've moved up in weight of kettlebell (5 to 7.5kg) and I have such great support on this forum!!
Roll on Round 2!!! :D

Amazing, well done you. Now reach over for that final stretch and give yourself a pat on the back :rotflmao::talk017:

That is after 3 weeks (the half way point) of kettleworx with 3 sessions a week as recommended so really just 3 hours exercise in total :D

:happy096:

Loving the smilies hehe. I've still not started round 2, damn! Need to get in gear. I have 3 weeks for alot of college work so Im trying to cram in as much studying as possible. Fingers crossed I can fit it in this week x

Joanne24 said:
Fantastic! These are the non scale victories that make it all worth it!

Lol! I've not seen your before pictures, I dont think x

If you wanna see them then just add me to friend list its a private album as in my undies lol and didn't wanna scare anyone x

Ok so the kettleworx is that booklet that can be downloaded yes?? Is that what everyone on this is following??? And what weight should I be using I feel like a child with my 2 3 and 4kg kettlebells haha its just my shoulder has been very weak after breaking it in a car accident and I didn't want to hurt it by going with very heavy weights?

Back