Secret to shaping up

I still though wk2 cardio was better than wk1! Think wk3 was better than wk2 too... I hate the seated figure of 8 pass! It's pure evil!

I weigh in each Tuesday and it seems like this week I've not really lost anything. Now I know that doing KW is going to impact on my losses because of muscle development and stuff but wondering if maybe I need to up my calories on workout days? I do KW 3 times a week and Turbo Jam 2-3 times a week. I eat 1200-1400 a day, whether I exercise or not. Has anyone else found that when doing KW they needed to up their calories a bit (if you were doing that kind of diet anyway) to keep the weight coming off? I know inches will be coming off even if the lbs aren't so I'm not too worried about it, just thought I'd ask.

You're welcome Bostik ;)
There is quite a bit of floor work in week 2 cardio which is nice, at one point I thought I had put Core on by mistake!

Hi Peeps - not wanting to show off or anything (you know this is not true :)) but I lost 3lbs this week which means I have now got rid of 4.5 stone! Get me :D

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Peeps - not wanting to show off or anything (you know this is not true :)) but I lost 3lbs this week which means I have now got rid of 4.5 stone! Get me :D

Well done show off xxxxx

Well done sue :) that surely means some before/ after photos soon? :)

So bored,my shoulder is still not well enough to go back to kettlebells yet,I am going to try on Monday to see how I get on.Well done to everyone for doing so well.

Well done sue :) that surely means some before/ after photos soon? :)

Don't know about that Chick, I'm not as body confident as you! Still got my big wobbly belly (although it is going down very slowly). Tell you what - I promise if I get down to 10 stone (which is a stone less than my initial 11 stone target), then I will let you all have a look at me in my undies! :eek:

Hi all :)
Been a day of not stopping, but not getting anything done! So haven't swung yet, and not sure if I will today lol

Martin thanks for posting those links :) hope your toothache goes, clove is good - if you have no taste buds lol good luck with your double bell workout, hope you enjoy!

Amyz it's working with the bells that gets you results, and Martins links will show you how to get swinging and shrinking :)

Sue awesome :) hope your strutting your stuff! At this rate you will be at target before you know it :)

Trimlee good luck with Round 2, when's cardio week 1 booked lol

Joanne a bit of swinging might give you a short break and renewed vitality to tackle all your studying, altho I appreciate it's hard work and stressful times x

Cont.... Lol

Caroline resistance work is very beneficial, and it's the slow moves that tackle the muscles being worked more intensely helping to develop your tone. I often found resistance tougher than cardio, but loved the development of the major muscles it worked, I really concentrate on the muscles I am slowly working on to get maximum definition :) I am not the best for calorie advice, I could suggest if your going to increase, that you do so using protein foods

Chick great to hear you got that hold done :) I had a look at the booklet, it came on DVD and I never looked at it, so was good to finally see what it was lol

Maggie sorry to hear your still out of action. Hope you can start soon, and just take it easy on it x

Lol sue :)
I wasn't suggesting in your undies but if you want to get your kit off then fair play :) ;)

I think if you set your mind to 10 stone you'll get there, you're a machine :)

Evening all - have just completed week 1 core.. feeling pretty exhausted but still thoroughly enjoyed myself! Am still getting to grips with the DVDs and laugh every time Ryan comes up with some 'reach up and get those skinny jeans' or 'say goodbye to those love handles' comments! Brilliant!

The plan is to try week 1 cardio tomorrow.. all dependent upon how my muscles feel tomorrow! Have been dreading cardio based upon some of the comments I've read in this thread!!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends :) x

Cat lover sue - well done! :D

twinkletoes - I just finished my first week. Cardio is hard but definitely doable :)

double bell workout - 2 x 12kg following steve cotter's own workout (its a bonus on his encyclopedia of kettlebells, approx 75% is double bell). double are different - you really cant work fast and some adjustments are needed but its a killer. also got rid of toothache too (it cracked a tooth on wed and treatment thurs but it set all my teeth on edge...workout seems to have settled it down oddly)

I managed most things albeit some pretty rubbish like pistols and squat/clean press, but because you have to concentrate you dont notice your workout as much. I even managed tap touch alt kettlebell swings (when the bell is in the air you tap it twice before swapping hands - good for hand technique).

so a thought - maybe if the man in your life is in need of some fitness/weight loss, get a 2nd bell and get him following your programme adjusting for the extra bell (its pretty much common sense what to do)

I still though wk2 cardio was better than wk1! Think wk3 was better than wk2 too... I hate the seated figure of 8 pass! It's pure evil!

I weigh in each Tuesday and it seems like this week I've not really lost anything. Now I know that doing KW is going to impact on my losses because of muscle development and stuff but wondering if maybe I need to up my calories on workout days? I do KW 3 times a week and Turbo Jam 2-3 times a week. I eat 1200-1400 a day, whether I exercise or not. Has anyone else found that when doing KW they needed to up their calories a bit (if you were doing that kind of diet anyway) to keep the weight coming off? I know inches will be coming off even if the lbs aren't so I'm not too worried about it, just thought I'd ask.

Caroline, I had a STS this week too & I remember reading somewhere (or at least I think I do) that week 3 can result in a STS or small gain?? Can anyone verify that or have I dreamt it up???? I'll have a search later to see of I can find it again

Doing Week 2 resistance tomorrow and then that's my Week 2 completed. I'm feeling fitter and stronger and looking forward to completing the 6 weeks. I've taken some before pics so can compare later.

For those of you doing Kettleworx which areas did you see the most change in? My waist feels slimmer but I'd loved to have really toned legs and get rid of my bingo wings - do you think I'll achieve this with Kettleworx?

Martin, what is the double bell workout? Is it have two bells in the one hand or doing exercises with a bell in each hand?

Also, a funny question, I can feel my biceps and triceps getting stronger but the other day I felt like I had a muscle next to my bicep and wondered if this was a muscle at all as I've never felt it before using kbs - if you imagine the bicep it the top and tricep is the bottom, the "muscle" was to the left of the bicep - it could just be a tendon!!

Twinkletoes good luck :) it can be done, we have all been through it and survived lol look forward to hear how you get on

Bostik made it thru the first week :) hope you enjoy week 2 as you start getting to grips with he moves

Martin sounds like you enjoyed! I would like to try the taps and even flips, but not in the house, not sure if my coordination is good enough

Sweet I can't remember if week 3 is problematic for WI, I know it's no consolation but if it's a swing gain it will be gone next week!

Picklednut you will tone all over, each DVD gives you an all over workout so every body part is hit :) as long as your new found muscle isn't hurting it's most probably supposed to be there. My whole body shape has changed and I first noticed change in my arms and shoulders, no more bingo wings, saddle bags, etc lol have fun with week 3

Well I've finally got my butt into gear and did round 2 wk1 cardio earlier today and the first time I ever did it with my baby bell I thought it was tough and was dreading it 2nd time round, so was pleased to find it wasn't as bad as I though it would be with my 5kg.
I've still got to watch my wrists as I still get pains afterwards due to my arthritis so not sure I'll ever be able to go up to 7.5kg although the 5kg does feel light now.

I am feeling very warm and a bit achy through my legs tonight and I'm looking forward to the burn tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Susie yeah starting round 2 :) and with cardio lol I am sure you will see an improvement from when you first started as you work through it

Back