Secret to shaping up

Twinkletoes good luck :) it can be done, we have all been through it and survived lol look forward to hear how you get on

Bostik made it thru the first week :) hope you enjoy week 2 as you start getting to grips with he moves

Martin sounds like you enjoyed! I would like to try the taps and even flips, but not in the house, not sure if my coordination is good enough

Sweet I can't remember if week 3 is problematic for WI, I know it's no consolation but if it's a swing gain it will be gone next week!

Picklednut you will tone all over, each DVD gives you an all over workout so every body part is hit :) as long as your new found muscle isn't hurting it's most probably supposed to be there. My whole body shape has changed and I first noticed change in my arms and shoulders, no more bingo wings, saddle bags, etc lol have fun with week 3

I can't remember if it was problematic for me on the 1st & 2nd rounds either I just remember reading it somewhere on a review blog that went into quite a lot of detail but cannot for the life of me find it again. I think my STS this week was probably as much down to * week as anything so hopefully I'll see a nice loss next week.

I got a few nice comments today from people that I hadnt seen from before Christmas about how much weight I have lost since then when in fact I am actually a few lbs heavier!!! lol My clothes are looser though so I dont care!!!:eek:

I have two 12kg kettlebells at once. some exercises you alternate left..right e.g. cleans, some you use the extra weight as extra resistance so for windmill one bell above your head other one in lower hand, some you do two hands together like Sots and finally some you hold both weights together in one hand e.g. swings with both bells in one hand at same time challenges your grip

Doing Week 2 resistance tomorrow and then that's my Week 2 completed. I'm feeling fitter and stronger and looking forward to completing the 6 weeks. I've taken some before pics so can compare later.

For those of you doing Kettleworx which areas did you see the most change in? My waist feels slimmer but I'd loved to have really toned legs and get rid of my bingo wings - do you think I'll achieve this with Kettleworx?

Martin, what is the double bell workout? Is it have two bells in the one hand or doing exercises with a bell in each hand?

Also, a funny question, I can feel my biceps and triceps getting stronger but the other day I felt like I had a muscle next to my bicep and wondered if this was a muscle at all as I've never felt it before using kbs - if you imagine the bicep it the top and tricep is the bottom, the "muscle" was to the left of the bicep - it could just be a tendon!!

Does it bother anyone else that Ryan doesn't do even sets of things when it's focusing on one side? Like in the cool down, the side lunge thing, he does it for 3 seconds to the left and then to the right and holds it longer while he talks. Or the half get ups, I think he does 3 on one side and 7 on the other. I've spotted quite a few things like that. Thankfully now though I know and I adapt it so that I do equal amounts on both sides but it does bug me! It means you'd be training one side practically double the amount of the other and surely that's not a good thing.

caroline there are a couple of moves that are uneven, but you tend to get know them and can adapt accordingly, you can figure out how many you need to do in the time given

I think I need to swing for about 7 hours to even make a slight dent in my so off plan day yesterday!!! So will be having a good swing today :)

Yeah that's what I've done, I know the things that are uneven so I've worked out how many I need to do each side to make it even and do that, ignoring him. Or I'll swap over if I forget one of them and do set 1 starting one side and set 2 starting the other. Just think it's a bit bad that for such an expensive set of workouts, they've not made sure they're doing it all right. That's the only thing that I've spotted that really bugs me though.

Hope you enjoyed your off plan day!

I noticed that too. I just switch it. So the first set I'll start with my right side. Then the second set I'll start with the left side. So it balances out :)

I have just had a look at the links Martin posted, and would just add to make sure you do a warm up and cool down where this is not provided for. Some moves such as the Turkish Get Up, and snatch can be quite tricky, so check out tutorials to make sure your getting your form right.
Following on from the first link posted, this is part 2 of the set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9NALkwkbA&feature=related
I like that she takes regular breathers, as shows that just a few reps can be quite demanding :)

Morning all - firstly thanks for all the good wishes and comments on my weight loss. Much appreciated. Well Wk5 advanced started this morning with Cardio. Only one new move which was a sort of core rower / seated ab twist variation. It was fine once the balance issues were sorted out. Apart from that the session was manageable but like any Cardio session I always feel the burn and get very sweaty. Mr Sue is up there now doing his wk2 Cardio. He's enjoying it and the fact that I'm sticking to it is making him determined. He can't have me being better at something like this!! :)

Had a treat day yesterday and had a full breakfast with haggis and then two cheese scones with dairylea for tea. Probably not everyone's idea of a treat but OMG did it taste yummy. Back to plan today and for the rest of the week.

Catch you all later. Hope everyone has a good Sunday. xx

Sue you can both be sweaty together lol Good to hear he is keeping it up, love it when the men feel they have to compete, are you taking his measurements ;)

I just completed my step swing, did the full workout as my food yesterday was appalling! So was a bit more determined to work hard, struggled with some of the sets again, but that's to be expected. I am using a 6kg, and normally find this weight very easy as I comfortably use a 10kg for my other workouts, but even the 6 was beating me lol

Hi Kron - ha ha! I did mention measurements but he says he's not interested in that. He just wants to tone up and will see the results for himself. Mind you he's always quick to whip the tape measure out when I ask him for me! :)

Guys can be a bit strange lol Mr Kron has dropped about 5-6 inches of beer belly, he was an extremely tight muffin topped 36 waist trousers, now comfortably in a 32 and will most probably be in a 30 before too long :) he still wears his old trousers with a belt for some reason, I keep telling him to chuck them out, but I think he likes showing me how big they are now lol

Fudgie2012 said:
Ok so the kettleworx is that booklet that can be downloaded yes?? Is that what everyone on this is following??? And what weight should I be using I feel like a child with my 2 3 and 4kg kettlebells haha its just my shoulder has been very weak after breaking it in a car accident and I didn't want to hurt it by going with very heavy weights?

Hi Fudgie, I started a reply to this but lost it without posting.
The Kettleworx programme is a DVD workout which is what lots of us are following. The booklet is a nutritional guide with a few other bits. Anything less than 5kg will feel a bit light but you might need to go easy for your shoulder initially. All the best and let us know how you get on :)

Guys can be a bit strange lol Mr Kron has dropped about 5-6 inches of beer belly, he was an extremely tight muffin topped 36 waist trousers, now comfortably in a 32 and will most probably be in a 30 before too long :) he still wears his old trousers with a belt for some reason, I keep telling him to chuck them out, but I think he likes showing me how big they are now lol

Wow Kron that's fab. Mr Sue will be very impressed when I tell him. He was a 38 and now a 36" waist as he's lost a couple of stone just by not picking at rubbish in the evenings. I think he was a large 32" waist when we met which was 18 years ago this very day :). I'd be delighted if he got back anywhere near that. Just having a little drool to myself even thinking about it :D!

Over what period of time has Mr K being doing the bells. I know he's a staunch supporter of Ryan and he sticks with him.

I just did the Pat flynn workout and the fitness experts chicago back to back. Pat Flynn's is non stop 20mins - the girl (very nice she is too) takes breaks but you can pause the vid, windmills and TGU are the toughest the rest is a full on cardio workout with bell for all exercises and no specific abs exercises but classic exercises.

Fitness chicago is 25 mins with breaks and some non bell exercises and abs. its quality is as good as any you would buy other than being a bit less definition visually but hey its free. she works with 5 gorgeous girls and the voiceover and timer are highyl useful does have TGU/get ups but its all doable and she does snatch with swing/high pull/snatch the best way to learn

Pat Flynn has top quality form and fitness chicgo is too - dont think as they are free they wont be as good. honestly id rate them in their own way as good as kettelworx or any other. Im shattered and followed it exactly.

If you are new try fitness chicago first. they do have a basics video alos for free on youtube.

right time for a cuppa and shower
I have just had a look at the links Martin posted, and would just add to make sure you do a warm up and cool down where this is not provided for. Some moves such as the Turkish Get Up, and snatch can be quite tricky, so check out tutorials to make sure your getting your form right.
Following on from the first link posted, this is part 2 of the set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9NALkwkbA&feature=related
I like that she takes regular breathers, as shows that just a few reps can be quite demanding :)

well done Mr K

I dont measure stuff other than body fat (and weight for slimming wld) but my brother has gifted me a load of jeans - top makes too and nearly all new but 34 inch waist. im 36 (I wont go below 34 even when doing triathlon i wasnt smaller than that).

My mrs has back probs and wants to lose 2 st so we have agreements on what food i can have in the house as i burn quite a bit...or its arguments all the way! still i do have a stone to go....

Just did the chicago one, loved it didn't do the snatch though as not done that on KWorx and it looked like it could do some damage!!!

Donzy84 said:
Just did the chicago one, loved it didn't do the snatch though as not done that on KWorx and it looked like it could do some damage!!!

Is the snatch the one where you lift the bell from floor to overhead? It scares me a bit lol!

Sue he does kw quite regularly, altho didnt do much on the lead up to Christmas, and has just got back into them.

He dropped just over 2 stone by not picking and making some better food choices, and as I do the cooking he has the same sw dinners as me.

He started kw in Feb 11 and was beach body ready in May 11 when we went on our holiday :) He does have a physical job, but that didnt stop his expanding belly at the time.

He says I can post a photo of him in his now huge trousers, so I will get that posted when taken!

Trimlee hope your ready for your swing tomorrow :)

Martin I must admit i watched your links with my feet up and a coffee in my hand :) I can see they give a good all over workout, you deserved your cuppa.
I struggle with the high pulls, alright if I drop down in weight, but then find the bell curls backover my hand! I am sure you will be in those jeans the rate you are going. Would Mrs M follow your food plan?

Donzy lol the snatch has given me a few bruises! It is a technique you need to master, I still have trouble with them once in a while.

The snatch is like a swing but you take the swing right to the top and the bell continues over your hand and lands on your forearm, i will find a link :)

Back