Secret to shaping up

Hi all :)

wannadrop3st hope you enjoy getting to grips with your 4kg, when will you be starting :)

lyndzi76 I think a 5kg is a really good starting place if youve not exercised before, its also a safe weight in that you learn how the bells work you, it is hard to recommend, most of the belles on here have been challenged but managed starting with a 5 :) I prefer the metal bells, they are more compact so easier to handle on some moves

Susie it crept up on you again and sounds like you got worked hatd :) Hope you are ok and the pain eases

Martin - with your slippers on, and a mug of tea in your other hand lol You make it sound so easy!

Bostik are those the seated 8s haha I couldnt do them at all when I started :)

Alan I was looking at skoggs it looked really good, but it didnt quite make my christmas wish list. You have picked some challenging dvds, all good ones (heard mixed reviews for 300), so will be perfect for when you want to change it up a bit :)

Trimlee great to hear round 2 started and good luck with your 7.5 :)

MinnieMel :) hes only using an 8 lol
There has been some fantastic posts on inch loss, links, tips, dvds etc on here, so having somewhere to make these more accessible would be great. There appears to be an interest considering the number of hits this thread gets :) Wow you just made me swear i will never go to aquafit lol Next time your instructors on hols, dont go ;) Hope your swing helps ease those kinks

Sweet what a great pic that will be when you get to target, you standing in one leg of your old trousers!!! You have done fantasticaly well, and are a true inspiration :)

Donzy :) and still standing lol

I am tempted to have a little swing later, a little tight from yesterdays session, still in two minds at the mo lol

Mr Krons before and after (sort of)
These are the trousers he wore on holiday 2010, same time as my before pic
As you can tell, he now likes he is able to keep an eye on important matters lol

The second pic is our 2011 hols, same as my after - his bikini shot lol

Attachments

• DSC00534.JPG
    DSC00534.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,001
  • hol2011 074.jpg
    hol2011 074.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 615
Kron said:
As you can tell, he now likes he is able to keep an eye on important matters lol

Wow go mr kron!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Swit swoo Mr K! Mr S said, "I'll settle for that!" so high praise indeed from him. He looks fab. You know he's now going to get loads of compliments and he's going to be strutting around big style!! :)

Thanks for sharing. xx

Woo wk 4 adv cardio DONE!!! Woop woop x

Nice one Donzy. Is that wk4 done for you? I found it a hard slog, but pleased to report that Wk5 Cardio was ok.

He is bad enough already lol you will know what it's like when Mr Sue swings himself into shape!

Ello lovelies,

Did Cardio week 3 this morning, and we're still not seeing eye to eye :( but I am feeling fitter as the days go on, it doesn't seem too much of a struggle anymore :). I've also ordered a 7.5kg Kettlebell which im collecting from Tesco tomorrow, it was on sale for £13.33, wish me luck with that one, lol! xx

Cat Lover Sue said:
Nice one Donzy. Is that wk4 done for you? I found it a hard slog, but pleased to report that Wk5 Cardio was ok.

No didn't catch up last week still got resistance. Cardio was awful tonight prob something to do with the fact I can't walk from that Chicago workout Martin posted x

Mr Sweet has just seen Mr Krons before & after & has decided to start swinging!!!! He is currently moaning while doing week 1 cardio (I told him it was the easiest!!! :p)

Well done Mr Kron!

And yeah, the seated figure eight ones! At the moment I am just passing the bell between my legs with feet firmly planted on the ground haha. It's hard enough for me to keep my legs in the air moving without using my arms for stuff too! No way!

Week 3 Cardio done for me today and dare I say it I rather enjoyed it. Am I wrong for saying I loved the gunslingers? I pretended I was shooting Ryan hahaha. I had my 60 year old Dad doing it with me but he found it really hard work and too fast and could only manage the first set. Any ideas/tips/encouragement I could pass on to him as I think it would really help him get fit and lose weight quickly.

Kron, I bet you're very proud of Mr Kron! My hubby is a builder/plasterer so eats what he wants as he burns energy all day long and he throws 25kg bags of plaster around for fun! He laughs at my 5kg!

My legs are feeling it today so I'll probably be seized up by tomorrow!

Donzy84 said:
No didn't catch up last week still got resistance. Cardio was awful tonight prob something to do with the fact I can't walk from that Chicago workout Martin posted x

Donzy which Chicago workout did you do - the one with Bob Harper or the one with the woman taking the class?

Martin, just re-reading some older posts, what is the "figure eight to hold" move?

:) mr K will be blushing lol

Leapj great to hear your getting a 7.5 good luck with it :) cardio can seem like a chore but push through it, it is worth it honest!

Sweet lol I hope he is ok now :) hope he keeps it up. I bet he will be happy when you tell him the worst is over

Bostik I started progressing by lifting one leg at a time, once your core strengthens it will become easier :)

Picklednut your dad can follow kw, as you know it's tough when first starting but within a couple of weeks it is much easier. I got my mum a bell and she is a few years older than your dad :)

picklednut said:
Donzy which Chicago workout did you do - the one with Bob Harper or the one with the woman taking the class?

The one Martin listed a few pages back, was a woman on her own then she had 3 women behind her at one point and then 2 later on... Lol does that mean anything to u? She started with sumo squats, swings and star jumps x

Thanks kron. Will do that next time :)

The one Martin listed a few pages back, was a woman on her own then she had 3 women behind her at one point and then 2 later on... Lol does that mean anything to u? She started with sumo squats, swings and star jumps x

That one was heavy work on the legs! I might have a go at that but cut down on the reps!
Is it me or is it speeded up on the Jumping Jacks?

Donzy, thanks I know the one you mean. Good news it works the legs a lot, that's one of the main areas I want to concentrate on.

Back