Secret to shaping up

Mr Sweet has just seen Mr Krons before & after & has decided to start swinging!!!! He is currently moaning while doing week 1 cardio (I told him it was the easiest!!! :p)

:D Tee hee! Like your style. :D

Morning Swingers - wk5 Advanced Core done. That Ryan's having a laugh. Wks 4 and 5 have both had a lot more cardio type stuff included which gets you out of breath before he lets you flop gratefully to the floor for the more usual stuff! No pain, no gain and all that but the pause button was on overtime this morning :)

Just one new one introduced which was the Yellow Ribbon, simply a variation on the Halo and a welcome breather break it was! Looking forward to Resistance on Thursday after work. Can't believe I will then be starting my last week. Will do a proper round up of my opinion of the Advanced set of DVDs after that.

Right mug of tea (Scottish Blend, I'm afraid Martin - FAIL for me as well), cool down and then into the shower. :)

:( meh! Weigh in day for me, only 0.5lbs down though I did lose 4 inches too. I'm happy with the inches but I really want to see the lbs coming down as well so I find it frustrating.

Wk3 Resistance today, not my favourite of the 3 as I find it fairly boring but I'll battle through it and complete it, I'll make sure I do.

:( meh! Weigh in day for me, only 0.5lbs down though I did lose 4 inches too. I'm happy with the inches but I really want to see the lbs coming down as well so I find it frustrating.

Wk3 Resistance today, not my favourite of the 3 as I find it fairly boring but I'll battle through it and complete it, I'll make sure I do.

Losing 4 inches in a week is pretty damn good in my book. Well done! :happy096:

Morning all,

I've had a couple of weeks off - no excuse just couldn't find the motivation. I think the juggling act of being a mum of 2 young-ish kids whilst working full time was getting to me and by the time I put the kids to bed, walked the dogs, done the necessary housework etc I just couldn't find the energy. Now that I've been back in my normal routine for a few weeks I feel better and started back with kwx on Sunday. I did week 4 Core which I then realised I had already done, but nevermind. I also did the Fast Fat Burn straight after so had a really good workout. Will do Resistance (4) tonight and then keep going. :)

It's great to see everyone keeping at it. It was the fact that I kept seeing this thread that gave me that final push to pick up the bell again.

Have a great day! :)

4 inches is amazing!!!! Well done :D

Hi All :)

herewego great to have you back. It can be hard when you have abusy lifestyle to fit everything in, but just think about the benefits :)

caroline 4 inches gone is a great result, better than just having the 1/2lb off, which is still going in the right direction :)

Sweet how is hubby :)

Sue seems your of a similar opinion in advanced that it seems quicker and more demanding!

I didnt swing yesterday, so just about to join Mr K for cardio week 3 :)

Thanks everyone, I'm looking at it all in a bit more perspective now, hopefully I'll have a better loss lbs wise next week though

Just done week 4 core and it was my favourite yet. Found it challenging but easier than some, and managed to do it without having to stop.

I'm still concerned at my lack of losses (both lbs and inches wise). Not going to measure myself again until the 6 weeks is done, but when I got the tape measure out this morning it still looks like I've lost 0 inches. I can't understand it. And weight loss is 0.5lb a time as well. Would LOVE to see 4in loss!!! How do people do it?!

Bit disappointed in myself

I'm just about to start this. I have a question though re: inch loss. When people say they've lost 3 inches in a week, do they mean like half inch from chest, half from waist, an inch from hips and an inch from thighs or something added up together?

Catkims, I think it just takes longer for some of us to see results. Stick with it and you will notice a difference. :)

Week 4 Resistance done and only 2 weeks to go until I get to do it all again :D

When I say 4 inches, it's 4 inches combined - this week was 1 from waist, 1 from hips, 1 from bust and started measuring my arms and thighs from this week and lost 0.5in each on those. I'm pretty sure that's what other people mean as well, the combined smaller inch losses.

Just done week 4 core and it was my favourite yet. Found it challenging but easier than some, and managed to do it without having to stop.

I'm still concerned at my lack of losses (both lbs and inches wise). Not going to measure myself again until the 6 weeks is done, but when I got the tape measure out this morning it still looks like I've lost 0 inches. I can't understand it. And weight loss is 0.5lb a time as well. Would LOVE to see 4in loss!!! How do people do it?!

Bit disappointed in myself

Are you combining it with some kind of diet? I know that if I work out the day before WI, I get no loss at all so I have to have a rest day before WI day, maybe give that a try?

It was tough to get motivated tonight - had a difficult day at work and when I got in I felt like sitting down with a large glass of wine instead of getting my gym shoes on.

But seeing as I can't have wine (on a vlcd) and can't let work interfere with my WL and fitness plans (which would be all to easy sometimes, as work can be a right b***h) I kicked my butt into gear and got on with it.

I feel really tired now, whereas normally I feel quite energised afterwards. Still, I'm glad I did it and I'm holding out for a better day tomorrow :)

Good luck twinkletoes.

Thank you VERY much Martin for those links that you posted - will go and check them out now!

And Shirleen if you ever come across that site you mentioned then yes please do post it!

Back