Secret to shaping up

Brill - thanks!

That womens health link is great - really nice intro to kettle bells if you dont want to invest in a dvd straight away :)

Just completed Wk1 Cardio (advanced dvd) and am absolutely exhausted.. definitely the hardest workout by far! (Makes core and resistance seem like a walk in the park!).

I'm a bit nervous that my 5kg bell might be slightly too heavy - we were doing some triceps/biceps curl things (a 'two for one' as Ryan describes it!) and I really struggled so had to skip that and did some upright rows instead for that bid.

Did anyone else struggle on these with the 5kg at first? x

herewego said:
Catkims, I think it just takes longer for some of us to see results. Stick with it and you will notice a difference. :)

Week 4 Resistance done and only 2 weeks to go until I get to do it all again :D

Thanks. Hopefully it'll all fall off in the next 3 weeks! Sometimes you just need a boost with a nice big loss, but I won't give up!

Caroline - I'm doing slimming world as well as the kettlebells

Cardio week 3 done :) I was freezing before I started, but it warmed me up lol. Used my 10, dropped to 5 for punches, gunslingers!

Susie I read somewhere about drinking lots of water just before, during, and after a workout to help ease muscle pain. Try adding more stretches in your cool down. On the up side, you know what muscles your working :)

Twinkletoes arm exercises are hard! I use a 10 but when doing curls etc I move down to a 5 and can still struggle! do lower reps, you will find reps will increase as muscles develop, you can also use your free hand to support the weight slightly, just be mindful of not twisting your body too much. Your doing advanced, you should be finding it tough, but you can do it, just lower the reps, don't try to keep up :)

Suseka hope you get a good nights sleep. Kudos for getting up and doing it, you will feel better for it tomorrow :)

Catkims the bells work so as long as your sticking to food plan, lbs and inches will disappear. It may be your body is being a bit stubborn! I really hope you see changes soon, I know it can be very frustrating when your working hard to achieve your goal

I haven't done punches, gunslingers for ages and my arms are just starting to feel it lol

Back to Art of strength - Providence but with 2 bells.... couple exercises couldnt do doubles but lasted 25 mins before body just had enough. Its certainly the rapid way to get fit, my shoulders are utterly blasted can hardly lift my tea. As a treat, just like Wallace, I had a slice wenslydale with my cuppa. Delicious savoured it slowly.

Set up a weightloss thingy at work - I pay £1 for any lb gained each week for charity but co pay for overall loss over 6 months hopefully as a team effort will reduce the chance of cakes and biccies with this

Susie25 said:
My grooves are back, yay.
Stroking them again lol. I keep flexing my biceps, they feel well pumped :) must be those lawn mowers.
Can't believe in just 2 workouts there back and bigger than before.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fab! That'll motivate you to stay in the game, lol :)

Rd 2 Wk 1 Cardio - now I remember why it has this 'tough' reputation.. (collapses onto sofa) :D

Hi All :)

herewego great to have you back. It can be hard when you have abusy lifestyle to fit everything in, but just think about the benefits :)

caroline 4 inches gone is a great result, better than just having the 1/2lb off, which is still going in the right direction :)

Sweet how is hubby :)

Sue seems your of a similar opinion in advanced that it seems quicker and more demanding!

I didnt swing yesterday, so just about to join Mr K for cardio week 3 :)
Hubby is still suffering!!! He was on the phone moaning that he got a flat on the way to work & it 'hurt' changing the tyre!!!!! I think he underestimated how tough KW is & overestimated his fitness just coz he has a physical job!!!! I had a good laugh at him anyway & warned him he has to work through the pain tonight coz he has core :D

Just done week 4 core and it was my favourite yet. Found it challenging but easier than some, and managed to do it without having to stop.

I'm still concerned at my lack of losses (both lbs and inches wise). Not going to measure myself again until the 6 weeks is done, but when I got the tape measure out this morning it still looks like I've lost 0 inches. I can't understand it. And weight loss is 0.5lb a time as well. Would LOVE to see 4in loss!!! How do people do it?!

Bit disappointed in myself

The inches & the lbs will come off dont worry. My weightloss has slowed but I remember it slowing the last time too for a while & then I got a bigger loss & lost steadily after that. Sometimes it just takes our bodies a while to adjust
I'm just about to start this. I have a question though re: inch loss. When people say they've lost 3 inches in a week, do they mean like half inch from chest, half from waist, an inch from hips and an inch from thighs or something added up together?

I take quite a few measurements. Waist, hips back, chest, upper arm, thigh, calf & just above the knee so that I have a good view of my overall inch loss. The amazing thing is that I seem to lose pretty evenly all over which is great

Rd 2 Wk 1 Cardio - now I remember why it has this 'tough' reputation.. (collapses onto sofa) :D

I feel your pain!!! I made the mistake of thinking that it cant be as tough 2nd time round too!!

Week 4 cardio done & damn that double KB hold!!!! I managed right through to the 2nd one of the 2nd set with my 7.5 & had to admit defeat & drop to my 5kg for it :mad: Other than that though I actually strangely enjoyed it. Cant wait for core now on Friday!!! & of course to torture hubby with week 1 core tonight!!! i might just do it with him using my 7.5 to rub it in!!!!! :D

Hi Sweet - I'm really enjoying this hubbie-baiting! It's making KW even more fun for me :). Mr S started Wk3 last night. It's so satisfying seeing him wobble down the stairs on his jelly legs and his top all sweaty. He also has a physical job so I think it was a shock to him as well!

That womens health link is great - really nice intro to kettle bells if you dont want to invest in a dvd straight away :)

Just completed Wk1 Cardio (advanced dvd) and am absolutely exhausted.. definitely the hardest workout by far! (Makes core and resistance seem like a walk in the park!).

I'm a bit nervous that my 5kg bell might be slightly too heavy - we were doing some triceps/biceps curl things (a 'two for one' as Ryan describes it!) and I really struggled so had to skip that and did some upright rows instead for that bid.

Did anyone else struggle on these with the 5kg at first? x

Hi TT - I do the Advanced ones after 3 rounds of the standard DVDs. The Advanced are definately a higher tempo but if you follow Kron's advice about not keeping up and concentrating on your form then you should be ok. The difficulty you will find is that the advanced set assumes a certain knowledge level of the moves. But give it a few weeks and you should be picking things up ok and not noticing the weight as much. :)

Double kb hold?? I've got Wk4 cardio tomorrow... feel like I should be scared, what is it?!

Hi Sweet - I'm really enjoying this hubbie-baiting! It's making KW even more fun for me :). Mr S started Wk3 last night. It's so satisfying seeing him wobble down the stairs on his jelly legs and his top all sweaty. He also has a physical job so I think it was a shock to him as well!

Its great fun isnt it!!!! A bit damaging for their ego's though ;)

Double kb hold?? I've got Wk4 cardio tomorrow... feel like I should be scared, what is it?!

Don't worry Caroline its just the normal KB hold then you do another exercise & then KB hold again so 2 KB holds per round!!!! When Ryan says you can really feel the burn by the 4th I'm ready to launch the KB at him!!!! :mad:

Oh, phew! I thought you meant he was expecting you to hold two at once!!

Hey girls and guys,

Well did Core week 3 this morning, I actually love Core! Wasn't quite brave enough to use the 7.5kg today though, I collected it yesterday and had trouble carrying it from the store to the car lol how the hell do you people do it?! :O xx

Hi All :)

Martin great that your company is supporting weight loss with donations to charity. Bet you felt it doing two bells to Providence lol Hope the shoulders arent too bad

Susie lol It is good that even after a short spell away your definition comes back quickly :) Keep stroking and flexing

Trimlee it just gets easier from now lol, I will have to challenge myself and do that one again, just to see if I can!

Sweet you have a slightly sadistic tendancy lol At least he will respect you for swinging! Mr K and I now have bets on holding planks etc - I beat him each time ;)

Sue it does add an element of fun seeing hubbies becoming a sweaty mess, mine was so sure it would be easy, and still moans after every swing lol

wannadrop3st yeah :) have fun swinging and let us know how you get on

Leapj lol soon that 7.5 will be easy! The bells seem heavy, but when you compare it to weight loss its quite shocking that we used to carry this weight about, 7.5kg is 16 1/2lb I cannot imagine that I used to carry over 4 of them in body fat!!!!

My arms are a bit stiff from yesterdays punches and gunslingers lol. Having the night off tonight and will be wrapping up in a big blanket to warm up

Back