Secret to shaping up

short session with more technical exercises - e.g double bell bottom up press, felt like one those circus balancers wondering round the room trying not to drop the bells holding them up before each press. tough.... but find 15min of these helps learn new stuff without the pressure of time

Well I have now officially become a belle! Bought the kettleworx set after a bit of saving, along with a 4 kg bell.
Started off with cardio, I actually enjoyed it, apart from the push ups and the holds.
Done resistance on Tuesday, I didn't feel anything the next day so don't know if I should be using a bigger weight???
Done resistance again this morning and followed with core. Enjoyed them both, wasn't to keen on the half get up or whatever they are called. Hopefully I will feel it tomorrow.
I can't find a 5 kg bell over here, so I plan on persevering with the 4 before moving onto the 6.
Done my measurements after the first week and lost an inch off each thigh! Amazing!!!
Thanks everyone for making me do this X

Welcome gingercake! I don't ever feel anything after resistance and to be honest, that pain you get the next day isn't always an indicator of how hard you've worked. If you have it, yes it means you've worked hard but it doesn't mean that you didn't if you don't get the burn the next day. So don't worry about it, you'll be doing just fine.

Just finished Wk4 Cardio, actually quite enjoyed it apart from that dreaded double hold!

Welcome gingercake! I don't ever feel anything after resistance and to be honest, that pain you get the next day isn't always an indicator of how hard you've worked. If you have it, yes it means you've worked hard but it doesn't mean that you didn't if you don't get the burn the next day. So don't worry about it, you'll be doing just fine.

Just finished Wk4 Cardio, actually quite enjoyed it apart from that dreaded double hold!

Glad to hear you survived it Caroline!!! I'm quite surprised today that I'm not feeling anything after the way my arms were shaking on set 2!!! :)

Sue, on a totally un kettleworx related matter. Do you have a diary for WW?
I'm thinking of changing over and wanted to follow someone who might be able to give me some advice. Kron reminded me that you follow it, and are doing very well.:)

Hi Sarah - I don't keep a diary but can take you through my typical day if you like? WW altered the pro-points allowance recently but I have kept my allowance at the former minimum of 29 (I think you can now go as low as 26) and there is the weekly allowance of 49 points as well, although I rarely use this.

Brekkie - Nutrigrain Bar. 1/2pt milk taken throughout the day for tea.
Lunch - WW tin of soup, slice of wholegrain bread, small piece of cheese (those mini jobbies in the net bags) or a WW yogurt.
Dinner - Tesco light choice meal with masses of salad or veg depending on what my mood is. Pudding of soft fruit (I buy those frozen packs) and a yogurt or piece of cheese (depending on what I've had for lunch).
I supplement this with a banana, apple and 2 satsumas throughout the day.

As long as you keep your dinner within 10-12 points you are fine so there is no reason why you have to have a ready-meal type thing. I often have salmon, a chicken breast or a thai fishcake as well.

Keeping along these lines means I end up about the 29 point mark each day. Sometimes I might go over by a couple of points and sometimes I only get to about 27 points but just don't want to eat anything else.

I'm not a big drinker so don't have to budget for alcohol. If the mood takes me at the weekend I might have a Morgans and Diet Coke but I don't count it as it happens so rarely!

Every few weeks I will have an off-plan meal (not a whole day as some people do) which doesn't appear to have done me any harm and means I get any cravings out of my system! :D

Hope this helps. It seems to be working ok for me. My average weight loss since I have been doing it is 1.7lbs per week.

Happy to answer any questions, Sarah. Just fire away. xx

PS: Also don't count any activity points either.

Well I have now officially become a belle! Bought the kettleworx set after a bit of saving, along with a 4 kg bell.
Started off with cardio, I actually enjoyed it, apart from the push ups and the holds.
Done resistance on Tuesday, I didn't feel anything the next day so don't know if I should be using a bigger weight???
Done resistance again this morning and followed with core. Enjoyed them both, wasn't to keen on the half get up or whatever they are called. Hopefully I will feel it tomorrow.
I can't find a 5 kg bell over here, so I plan on persevering with the 4 before moving onto the 6.
Done my measurements after the first week and lost an inch off each thigh! Amazing!!!
Thanks everyone for making me do this X

Hi Gingercake (mmmnnn ginger cake! :D), welcome aboard! Sounds like you're already doing well. xx

I stupidly followed Wk4 cardio up with cardio box, straight after. So an hour of it and I'm a bit pooped! But feel good for it though.

Hi Sarah - I don't keep a diary but can take you through my typical day if you like? WW altered the pro-points allowance recently but I have kept my allowance at the former minimum of 29 (I think you can now go as low as 26) and there is the weekly allowance of 49 points as well, although I rarely use this.

Brekkie - Nutrigrain Bar. 1/2pt milk taken throughout the day for tea.
Lunch - WW tin of soup, slice of wholegrain bread, small piece of cheese (those mini jobbies in the net bags) or a WW yogurt.
Dinner - Tesco light choice meal with masses of salad or veg depending on what my mood is. Pudding of soft fruit (I buy those frozen packs) and a yogurt or piece of cheese (depending on what I've had for lunch).
I supplement this with a banana, apple and 2 satsumas throughout the day.

As long as you keep your dinner within 10-12 points you are fine so there is no reason why you have to have a ready-meal type thing. I often have salmon, a chicken breast or a thai fishcake as well.

Keeping along these lines means I end up about the 29 point mark each day. Sometimes I might go over by a couple of points and sometimes I only get to about 27 points but just don't want to eat anything else.

I'm not a big drinker so don't have to budget for alcohol. If the mood takes me at the weekend I might have a Morgans and Diet Coke but I don't count it as it happens so rarely!

Every few weeks I will have an off-plan meal (not a whole day as some people do) which doesn't appear to have done me any harm and means I get any cravings out of my system! :D

Hope this helps. It seems to be working ok for me. My average weight loss since I have been doing it is 1.7lbs per week.

Happy to answer any questions, Sarah. Just fire away. xx

PS: Also don't count any activity points either.

Sue you are a star.:)

I don't drink either so I shouldn't need points for that. Based on your plan it looks pretty good. Very much like I eat now, except I probably eat more (portion size).
I'm excited to try it again so i'll see how class goes tonight.
I don't want to hijack the thread :eek: so i'll PM you if I have any other questions (I expect I will :D:D)
Thanks Very much for yor help
xx

I've got the dreaded lurgy (sinus and chest infection) so I can't swing at the moment. I wouldn't be back at it for at least a week. Would you recommend going back to the beginning or should I just carry on where I left it when I feel better?

Hi everyone *skulks into the diary* I've not swung for about 10 days now :eek: but I have been walking a lot, so not entirely a slob :D

Did half a session of Resistance last night and it near on killed me :( :eek: Serves me right for not keeping up with it. I have just felt so tired. Long story, which I won't bore you with but not been sleeping and I saw an acupuncturist last Saturday for other ailments and she said that my energy was "on the floor". It shocked her that someone so "robust looking" :eek: would have such low pulses. It would explain a lot.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and to let you know that I haven't disappeared. Hope everyone is going well x

I've got the dreaded lurgy (sinus and chest infection) so I can't swing at the moment. I wouldn't be back at it for at least a week. Would you recommend going back to the beginning or should I just carry on where I left it when I feel better?

I personally would try picking up where you left off even if you have to lower your reps or weight of your KB for a day or 2. I know in our house you would be lucky to get a full 6 weeks without some kind of illness with the amount of things the kids bring home for school :(

Hope youre feeling better soon but I'm sure you'll get back into the 'swing' of things easy enough

Hi everyone *skulks into the diary* I've not swung for about 10 days now :eek: but I have been walking a lot, so not entirely a slob :D

Did half a session of Resistance last night and it near on killed me :( :eek: Serves me right for not keeping up with it. I have just felt so tired. Long story, which I won't bore you with but not been sleeping and I saw an acupuncturist last Saturday for other ailments and she said that my energy was "on the floor". It shocked her that someone so "robust looking" :eek: would have such low pulses. It would explain a lot.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and to let you know that I haven't disappeared. Hope everyone is going well x

Sorry to hear that you havent been feeling great.

Omg just completed my kettlebell begginer DVD, 15 rounds of 2 mins and a bonus 3 min round at the end.
Not quite like anything I have done before, I am so unfit, but looking forward to doing the DVD again on Saturday ;0)
Do you guys 'swing' everyday? I am thinking only tues / thurs & Saturday? Or should I (as I get fitter) be doing it everyday?? X x

Omg just completed my kettlebell begginer DVD, 15 rounds of 2 mins and a bonus 3 min round at the end.
Not quite like anything I have done before, I am so unfit, but looking forward to doing the DVD again on Saturday ;0)
Do you guys 'swing' everyday? I am thinking only tues / thurs & Saturday? Or should I (as I get fitter) be doing it everyday?? X x

I mostly just swing on a monday, wednesday & friday though occasionally I do one of the kettleworx 10 minute workouts in between or have a play with some new moves.

I bleddy hate Cardio! Still, week 5 done. Only one more to go until I'm back on week 1 :)

Hi Gingercake - i don't feel much after the resistance workout either but the Cardio and core workout seem to hit me harder. I swap between a 4 and a 7kg bell. The 4 is too light for most moves (for me) but is still challenging for some of the one handed moves such as boxing and gunslingers.

Hi wannadrop3st! What DVD are you using?

Carolineg - well done on doing 2 workouts after another. I've done that once but won't be doing it again in a hurry!

Chels - I know you'll be back on it soon. Lack of sleep makes everything so much harder. Hopefully the acupuncture and / or the sleep pods will help.

For those of you who have a swinging session to look forward to tonight - enjoy! :):):)

Sue you are a star.:)

I don't drink either so I shouldn't need points for that. Based on your plan it looks pretty good. Very much like I eat now, except I probably eat more (portion size).
I'm excited to try it again so i'll see how class goes tonight.
I don't want to hijack the thread :eek: so i'll PM you if I have any other questions (I expect I will :D:D)
Thanks Very much for yor help
xx

You're welcome, Sarah. Anything you want to know I'll try and help with.:)

Evening All :). Wk5 Advanced finished. Resistance tonight and Ryan did one of his "Trainer Challenges"! My heart sinks when I hear those words. Tonight it was a new move, split squats where you have one leg forward and one back, holding the KB out in front of you and you jump into a squat lunge and move your back leg forward. Repeat for 10 and then do 10 skier squats and then back to the lunges. Do this for 3 times of each. Bloody hell! It's never good when its only the 2nd move in and you're a sweaty mess!! :) Also another one called the flying Superman which was a piece of wee wee by comparison. Lie on your tummy and raise your arms and legs in a flying pose, hold, drop and then hold again etc. Dead easy. As it was the last one I could finish it and stay face down on the mat for a bit!

Mr S up there now doing his Wk3 Core. He's getting well into it.

Catch you all later when I've come back into the land of the living a bit more! :)

Hi all :)

Chelsea sorry to hear your unwell, I hope you now know what the problems are so you can take steps to get better. It is tough if you have a break from the bells, but it doesn't take long, and if you are tired your body can't cooperate. Take care x

Gingercake fab result :) a 4 is a good starter as you learn the moves, as long as it's challenging it's going to work. If it's too easy then you need to consider upping the weight to see better results.

Sue hope your recovered! That brought back a memory lol I don't think I managed it. Great to hear Mr S is keeping it up ;)

Caroline could you package some of your energy and send it over :)

Picklednut hope you feel better soon, wrap up, take something to help and drink lots. When your ready just start where you left off

Wannadrop3st yeah great to hear you got started. Those 2 mins seem to last for hours on some moves lol it is good to have a day off between swings, esp when starting so your muscles can recover :)

Herewego lol I totally relate! I used to hate the cardio one, it is hardest one imo

Sweet hope hubby was able to get his core done :)

I am off work tomorrow :) spending the day with my daughter for a pamper, retail therapy day :) unofficial WI is -4lbs :) dropped into the next stone bracket :) happy days :)

Back