Secret to shaping up

Hi Kron - great news on the WI. Hope you have a fab day tomorrow and feel thoroughly pampered and shopped out by the end of it! :)

Darnit...have picked up some sort of bug thing and feel quite crappy today - so haven't done my wk3 core as planned. I hope if I can get a bit of energy back by the weekend I'll catch up on myself so i can move onto week 4 by Monday.

I've ordered that Step KB dvd that Kron mentioned a few pages back - just so I have it in my dvd inventory ready for the day I'm an advanced belle :D well I can dream, can't I.

I'm think I'm going to use the 10lb bell for some of the moves next week. I was going to do the whole 6 week program with the 3kg one I've been using - but I am itching to get on with something heavier.

So have a good rest of week everyone. Even if I'm not swinging I get a lot of motivation from reading this thread and watching the progress of those who are and it's great to hear how well people are doing and the benefits they're getting.

Kron, hubby chickened out last night!!! Said he was too tired & tonight he has been 'keeping himself busy' no doubt to try to avoid it!!! Mind you he has even volunteered to take my car & fill it with petrol so I'm not complaining too much!!!!

Sue, it sounds like you are doing amazing!!!! That new move certainly sounds challenging!!! Sweatly mess or not reach over & give yourself a big pat on the back!!!! lol

Leapj lol soon that 7.5 will be easy! The bells seem heavy, but when you compare it to weight loss its quite shocking that we used to carry this weight about, 7.5kg is 16 1/2lb I cannot imagine that I used to carry over 4 of them in body fat!!!!

I sure hope so Kron :eek: crikey yeah I never thought about it like that :eek: eeek!! I might try a few swings with it tomorrow xx

Well I have completed week one, and I am not feeling it at all the day after. I did slightly after cardio. It might seem strange but I actually like that stiff/tight muscle feeling!
So can any of you experts offer any advice? Do you think it is technique, or shall I go up a weight from 4 to 6 kg?
Thank you

Well I have completed week one, and I am not feeling it at all the day after. I did slightly after cardio. It might seem strange but I actually like that stiff/tight muscle feeling!
So can any of you experts offer any advice? Do you think it is technique, or shall I go up a weight from 4 to 6 kg?
Thank you

You will need a heavier bell at some point in the near future anyway so it might be worth getting one now and see how you go. As I think I said before I switch between my 7kg and 4kg and that's challenging enough for me. :)

gingercake said:
Thank you

I use an 8kg for some things and I'm an occasional swinger! I would get a bigger bell x

Thank you

Just to second what both Shirleen & herewego have said. I have a 5kg & a 7.5kg at the moment & this is my 3rd time round. I mostly use the 7.5kg now but drop to the 5kg for a couple of moves so investing in something like a 7.5kg or an 8kg should last you :)

Well that is week 4 completed after doing core this morning!! I used my 7.5kg for everything other than the side butt elevators which I dropped to my 5kg for. Really loved week 4 core & as always looking forward to getting going on week 5 next week.

I also weighed in this morning & lost another 0.5lbs which i was at first a bit disappointed at but hubby put things in perspective & reminded me that I am actually at my 'target dress size' but you know how it is..... I'm thinking a 10 would be nicer than a 12 now :D

I get really disappointed with those 0.5lb losses as well but like your hubby said, need to look at the bigger picture of inches and to have reached a size 12 is fantastic! My goal is about the same as where you are now and I'm aiming for a size 12, I'm an inch taller, so you've given me hope that it's doable!

I get really disappointed with those 0.5lb losses as well but like your hubby said, need to look at the bigger picture of inches and to have reached a size 12 is fantastic! My goal is about the same as where you are now and I'm aiming for a size 12, I'm an inch taller, so you've given me hope that it's doable!

It is completely doable Caroline & although the lbs might not drop as quickly it was only when I started kettleworx that the dress sizes started dropping!!! Stick at it & you'll get there sooner than you think :)

Well that is week 4 completed after doing core this morning!! I used my 7.5kg for everything other than the side butt elevators which I dropped to my 5kg for. Really loved week 4 core & as always looking forward to getting going on week 5 next week.

I also weighed in this morning & lost another 0.5lbs which i was at first a bit disappointed at but hubby put things in perspective & reminded me that I am actually at my 'target dress size' but you know how it is..... I'm thinking a 10 would be nicer than a 12 now :D

Never happy some people! :D :D

I hate it when the scales don't move down. I get really annoyed, especially as my scales are digital and tend to flash between a lower weight and the actual weight. It's a real tease.

Never happy some people! :D :D

I hate it when the scales don't move down. I get really annoyed, especially as my scales are digital and tend to flash between a lower weight and the actual weight. It's a real tease.

Not sure I'll ever get to the point where I can say I am 100% happy. I have actually found the more weight I lose the more critical of myself I have become :eek:

Afternoon gorgeous people,

Finished off week 3 with Resistance this morning, I think Resistance and Cardio are ganging up on me, they must be! lol. Cant believe I'm half way now, another 3 weeks to go and then it all starts again, haha! Im super happy today as I've lost another 3lbs which means that's 9lbs off since starting Kettleworx 3 weeks ago :D really hope the next 3 weeks are as good but I wont hold my breath lol gonna do my measurements at the end of the 6 weeks too so keeping my fingers crossed :) im loving this thread, keeps me going xx

Well I came home with the intention of having another day's break and finishing off week 3 tomorrow and Sunday (as I'm still not feeling too sharp), but my OH is in such a bad mood from work - that I thought I'd rather lock him out of the living room and get on with it.

I'm definitely going to switch to the 10lb bell that came with the kw set next week and see how I get on. I expect to find some of the one handed things (like gunslingers) tough, but I know I can swop back to the 3kg for them if needs be.

Might take a leaf out of your book Kron, and give my daughter a call later and arrange to see her for some retail therapy tomorrow. We haven't spent much time together since she moved into her own flat a few months back - and it's so easy to let the time slip by.

Anyway - time for a bit of tea methinks....now what shall I have....shake, bar or soup (choices, choices, choices)

Hi everyone, I'm just about to start using kettlebells. I have 2.5, 5 and 7.5kg weights and a dvd with 10 minutes routines to get me started. I'm just wondering if you warm up/cool down? What do you do?
I haven't done exercise at home for a long time. I have countless dvd's and wii-fit routines but don't stick to it for very long. I am determined to succeed. I am hoping to do either 2 x 10 mins 3 times a week or 10 mins every day plus the C25K programme.

Hallo just popping in, all doing fantastic :) I have studying coming out my ears :( round2 is getting started tonight! x

gingercake said:
Thank you

Good going Gingercake and yes, as most folks have suggested, you could go up to 6kg, switching down where required.

Shirleen said:
I use an 8kg for some things and I'm an occasional swinger! I would get a bigger bell x

Strong girl Shirleen!

Back