Secret to shaping up

sweet pink said:
Just to second what both Shirleen & herewego have said. I have a 5kg & a 7.5kg at the moment & this is my 3rd time round. I mostly use the 7.5kg now but drop to the 5kg for a couple of moves so investing in something like a 7.5kg or an 8kg should last you :)

Like you Sweet, I have the 5 & 7.5kg. I'm on round 2 now and have been switching down half way through but hope to go up to just the 7.5 by end of round 2.
*Dreams* 9 or 10kg some day..... :)

sweet pink said:
Well that is week 4 completed after doing core this morning!! I used my 7.5kg for everything other than the side butt elevators which I dropped to my 5kg for. Really loved week 4 core & as always looking forward to getting going on week 5 next week.

I also weighed in this morning & lost another 0.5lbs which i was at first a bit disappointed at but hubby put things in perspective & reminded me that I am actually at my 'target dress size' but you know how it is..... I'm thinking a 10 would be nicer than a 12 now :D

Dropping down dress sizes -that's what we want; well done :D

caroline g said:
I get really disappointed with those 0.5lb losses as well but like your hubby said, need to look at the bigger picture of inches and to have reached a size 12 is fantastic! My goal is about the same as where you are now and I'm aiming for a size 12, I'm an inch taller, so you've given me hope that it's doable!

Kron's story makes me know it's doable. The scales are barely moving for me but my 14s are beginning to fit again. Caroline, let's go for those 12s!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Never happy some people! :D :D

I hate it when the scales don't move down. I get really annoyed, especially as my scales are digital and tend to flash between a lower weight and the actual weight. It's a real tease.

Hey, that's what my scales do too! I've consoled myself that they're on their way down :)

LeaPJ said:
Afternoon gorgeous people,

Finished off week 3 with Resistance this morning, I think Resistance and Cardio are ganging up on me, they must be! lol. Cant believe I'm half way now, another 3 weeks to go and then it all starts again, haha! Im super happy today as I've lost another 3lbs which means that's 9lbs off since starting Kettleworx 3 weeks ago :D really hope the next 3 weeks are as good but I wont hold my breath lol gonna do my measurements at the end of the 6 weeks too so keeping my fingers crossed :) im loving this thread, keeps me going xx

Fantastic Leapj at the halfway point; it seems to become much more of a routine after that. Yay for Kettleworx and kettlebells :D
And well done on the weight loss too!

Suseka said:
Well I came home with the intention of having another day's break and finishing off week 3 tomorrow and Sunday (as I'm still not feeling too sharp), but my OH is in such a bad mood from work - that I thought I'd rather lock him out of the living room and get on with it.

I'm definitely going to switch to the 10lb bell that came with the kw set next week and see how I get on. I expect to find some of the one handed things (like gunslingers) tough, but I know I can swop back to the 3kg for them if needs be.

Might take a leaf out of your book Kron, and give my daughter a call later and arrange to see her for some retail therapy tomorrow. We haven't spent much time together since she moved into her own flat a few months back - and it's so easy to let the time slip by.

Anyway - time for a bit of tea methinks....now what shall I have....shake, bar or soup (choices, choices, choices)

Hi Suseka, how did Wk 3 go? All the best with your 10lb! :)

Baileygirl said:
Hi everyone, I'm just about to start using kettlebells. I have 2.5, 5 and 7.5kg weights and a dvd with 10 minutes routines to get me started. I'm just wondering if you warm up/cool down? What do you do?
I haven't done exercise at home for a long time. I have countless dvd's and wii-fit routines but don't stick to it for very long. I am determined to succeed. I am hoping to do either 2 x 10 mins 3 times a week or 10 mins every day plus the C25K programme.

Welcome aboard Baileygirl! You have a good range of weights to start you off. Lots of us here follow the Kettleworx programme which has a warm up and cool down in each session, but whatever programme you follow, it is always recommended to do a warm up and a cool down.
As for sticking with it - there's a good chance you will; there just seems to be something about the kettlebells that makes you want to go on! Like you, I have quite a few workout DVDs but the kettlebells are the one's I've stuck with longest; you can do it! :)

Joanne24 said:
Hallo just popping in, all doing fantastic :) I have studying coming out my ears :( round2 is getting started tonight! x

Let's hope the workouts have energised you for studying; all the best in your exams Joanne!

cjeb456 said:
Hi fellow swingers!

Well ive been sooo lazy this week and ive done no swinging at all :(

Ive been just so tired this week, think I may be coming down with something :(

Regardless, i intend on swinging today as I really miss it (never thought Id ever say that about exercise!)

Round 2 week 3 here I come! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great that you're enjoying the programme cjeb. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Week 1 Round 2 complete. I think I will concentrate on my form this time round. I am so glad I started kettlebell workouts.
By the way, there's a lovely girl on myomytv.com who demonstrates various routines and describes good form. She is small but tough and inspiring! :)

I went up to a 6kg weight today, doesn't actually feel too bad. Reckon I'll be ready to use the 7kg from next week maybe but I'm not sure I can do gun slingers or lawnmowers with a 7kg KB! Tempted to invest in a 5kg to use as well. I really thought that this weight would last longer, didn't realise that I'd move up it so quickly.

I went up to a 6kg weight today, doesn't actually feel too bad. Reckon I'll be ready to use the 7kg from next week maybe but I'm not sure I can do gun slingers or lawnmowers with a 7kg KB! Tempted to invest in a 5kg to use as well. I really thought that this weight would last longer, didn't realise that I'd move up it so quickly.

Well done Caroline! I can't see myself moving up from my 7kg any time soon. I struggle to do a whole workout with it so tend to switch to a lower weight for some exercises. I'm sure I could do the whole workout with my 7, but as I have a lighter one I often end up resorting to it when I feel knackered. Maybe I should put it away and make myself work a bit harder :).

I'm sitting here thinking about doing my Core week 5, but not quite feeling up to it. Still it's movie night with the family tonight so I know lots of naughties will be consumed so need to do some exercise first to earn it :D.

Just 5 more minutes browsing, THEN I will get on with it....;)

Did you manage to get on and do Week 5 Core? I'm not sure I'll ever be moving past 7kg either!

some days you beat the weight...some days it beats you.

today it beat me. 20 mins of art of strength newport which is quite tough and my shoulders were gone. think im getting a cold too so maybe a day for accepting it isnt happening

time for a glass wine and some rubbish telly...

Dropping down dress sizes -that's what we want; well done :D

Kron's story makes me know it's doable. The scales are barely moving for me but my 14s are beginning to fit again. Caroline, let's go for those 12s!

I thought that my NSV today seemed quite appropriate to any of us struggling with getting the scales to move as fast as we would like & also the benefits of kettleworx. I took my daughter to dance class today & when I was picking her up I was chatting to her teacher who commented on how much weight I have lost since Christmas. This really pleased me & brought home the fact that it really is the inches people see as I have in fact only lost a grand total of 1.5lbs :D

From now on I will look after the inches & the lbs can look after themselves!!!! :D

Hi All :)
Had a lovely day out with my daughter, and had to work yesterday so no swinging yet, but plan on a good one later

Suseka good luck with your 10lb, you will be able to manage with it. Hope you get a chance to catch up with your daughter, they can be a bit of a pain to tie down when they move out!

Martin hope your cold goes. Sounds like your shoulders still havent recovered from your double bell routine

Sweet is Mr S still hiding from the bells lol. Dont get frustrated at small loses, at least its a loss, and a size 12 is amazing :) Enjoy swinging into a size 10, thats going to be fantastic shopping trip

caroline great to hear you used a 6, even that could be challenging for punches and slingers lol. I dont think you will need a 5 as you have the 6 and your 3 for really hard moves

Leapj fantastic weight loss, really pleased for you :) I know the inches will be melting as well, roll on week 6 and measurement time! Have fun with your 7.5

herewego good to hear you got that swing in :) hope you enjoyed movie night

baileygirl does your dvd have a warm up/cool down section? Basically a few low swings, squats, jogging on the spot etc just to get you warmed will do, and afterwards some good stretches will ease out your muscles

joanne hope the studying is going well and you enjoyed your break from it by having your swing with the start of round 2 :)

Trimlee I have watched some of myomytv shes got a good range of bells :) good to hear week 1 round 2 is under your belt

cjeb hope your feeling better, and managed your swing ok

Looks like a bit of extra body magic today shovelling the snow, we got a fair bit so will enjoy it as I dont think it will last long :)

I've only got one kettlebell, an adjustable one that goes from 3kg to 7kg. I think I'll probably stick with this one and just find a way to make it a bit better, changing arms more often or something. So instead of 6 left, 6 right, do 4 lots of 3. Sounds silly but even that little break helps me a bit I've found.

Morning all :)

Got up nice and early and finished week 3 with resistance. I certainly felt I had more energy 'swinging' than I do in the week after work.

Really enjoyed this one - all bar the ski dips :eek:

I think my strategy might be to do week 4 using the 10lb bell for the first set and swop over to the 3kg for the 2nd set (but only if I really need to)

Back