Secret to shaping up

I did half the reps on that Link Martin shared with the 'Power Jacks' I did all the power jacks though half the swings and squats, I can feel it in my legs but a nice ache, not excruciating pain!

Can't go to the Gym this weekend as planned as some scrote broke my car window to nick my Gym bag, and it can't be repaired until Monday, so it's covered with a plaster bag....I mean a bag that used to contain plaster!
Now got to buy new t-shirts and trackies (I have one pair now), new bag, water bottle, iPhone armband, padlock, armbands and towel. Not amazingly expensive but annoying! Thank goodness I took out extra glass cover!

caroline thats the best way, I can struggle doing a minute of shoulder presses, so swap arms back and forth. I manage to get a lot more reps done than trying on just one side

Suseka those ski dips are a thigh burner lol I am sure you will be able to use your 10lb for quite a few of the moves, so just drop down on the ones that your really struggling with. i bet it wont be long before you can use your 10lb all the way through :)

Shirleen thats awful! Sorry to hear you had your car window smashed and belongings stolen. I wonder what s/he thought was in the bag to make it seem so irresistable. Hope you are able to get your new stuff soon, and get back to the gym

Afternoon all,

Just popped in to see how everyone was doing! I've finally finished week 3! Onwards to week 4 round 3 :)

Sweet, great NSV! Scales being stubborn with me too so it's nice to hear :)

Shirleen, sorry to hear about the break into your car- what's the world coming to eh! Hope you get it sorted.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday :) happy swinging.

Hi guys,
I miss you all. Have a touch of carpal tunnel in my arm so typing is hard. So, for now, I am just lurking x

Anyway, am moving onto week 4 advanced in the morning. I have to say that I love it more than the original programme as the exercises are so new and so challenging. I havent increased the weight (still using my 8kg) but man oh man do i feel the burn!!!! Defo recommend it...
Roll on tomorrow morning and week 4 cardio....here's hoping I make it through! Lol

Mama x

Hi Peeps - just started off Wk6 Advanced with Cardio. Today had an extra edge added as I managed to break the little toe on my left foot yesterday morning! I slipped down the last couple of stairs and ended up in a crumpled heap. Left it a few hours but I knew I'd done something so ended up in A&E where after lots of prodding and poking they decided it was definately broken and sent me on my way. No strapping up nothing. The sound advice received was take painkillers, keep off it, but use it as much as possible as well!!!!! Good stuff then, eh - we just looked at one another, Mr Sue popped my sock back on and off we went. What a chuffin waste of time!

Anyway I thought I'd give Cardio a whirl and see how it went. Totally fine. Sheer determination carried me through. Only the push ups were a bit tricky as I was up on my toes but found a way to do it. Have to say I'm very pleased with myself - and it helped that the lovely Ryan was good to me. Unfortunately I am sat here typing this now and my toe is throbbing like a good un, but hey ho. Wanted to attach a pic on this but my phone is playing up. Will do when i can as its a lovely purple colour!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Shirleen - sorry to hear about your car. Have a little fantasy to yourself next time you're swinging that you're ramming the bell into the thieving swine's face! :)

Aw sue hope your poor wee toe is better soon and mr sue is a good nurse :)

Fantastic Leapj at the halfway point; it seems to become much more of a routine after that. Yay for Kettleworx and kettlebells
clip_image001.gif

And well done on the weight loss too!

Thank you Trimlee :)

Leapj fantastic weight loss, really pleased for you
clip_image001.gif
I know the inches will be melting as well, roll on week 6 and measurement time! Have fun with your 7.5

Thank you Kron :) I cant wait to measure myself, really hoping for a nice surprise :p

xx

Did week 4 cardio today, although I think I failed more than completed which was disappointing. I tried working out before I'd eaten anything (read something about it being effective) but I just had no energy! Lots of breaks and only just got through it. I find the KB hold almost impossible and the pump and crunch? Good at the crunch but can't get the hips up!

I'm also wondering whether I've been doing the half get up right. Think I might hold the bell too far in front of myself rather than directly over my head (if that makes sense!)

Working out before eating is never a good idea, best to eat a light meal (banana and yogurt for example) at least 20 mins before exercising and a protein based meal afterwards.

Check out some Youtube videos for the TGU technique x

Its official. I have man flu. Its that serious.

couldnt lift a thing. need sympathy, tea and biscuits now.

shame i was looking forward to an hour of training (ive got steve cotters encyclopedia to go thru).

Ive been using chroncilesofstrength (Kettlebell Press, Clean, Squat Circuit - YouTube) and MikeMahler (Mastering the kettlebell clean and double kettlebell clean workout by Mike Mahler - YouTube) both do great techniques and routines, and importantly have dogs that join in. My Tig and Rox love joining in and you cant beat a licked face when doing bear crawls

Aww Martin, I can't help with tea and biscuits but here's some sympathy! Hope you feel better soon!

I'm approaching the end of KW now, well I've got 2 weeks left and I'm starting to wonder what next. Just wondering, what did you all do after completing it? I'm considering either doing another round using 7kg all the way through. Or possibly move on to advanced, though not sure if I'd be ready for that yet? Or maybe just find another program. Any thoughts?

Hi all, am still lurking but haven't done any swinging this week. I am going to do 20 mins now. Reading your posts has motivated me.

Heya wow man flu, broken toes what a day!!!

I'm so excited did that chicago routine again and managed to do snatch move!!! Woohoo.

Will do wk 5 resistance tomorrow then am a snow patrol on tues so will complete wk 5 either we'd or thurs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

To be fair to Martin, please don't compare my broken toe to his man flu. Everyone knows man flu is the very worst afflication in the world - ever!! :)

Lmao - man flu.

Week 1 cardio done! My new shiney weight my OH got me for my birthday isn't very good :( It's very clumsy and huge. Preferred my metal bell! Infact I had to get some of his liquid chalk stuff and use that (he uses it for weightlifting) before I dropped it through my floor!

Caroline - you can go onto an advanced version of KB or just move up the weight. I'm uping the weight since I started with the advanced and don't have the other copy of KB.

Morning all!
Martin, I hope you feel better
Sue, I hope your toe heals fast

Rd 2 Wk 2 Core done.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Sue you poor thing.... I hope it isnt causing you too much pain (or at least you are taking plenty to ease the pain!!) & I cannot believe that you have managed to swing with a broken toe!!!! True dedication.... Ryan would be very proud!!!!! :D

Did week 4 cardio today, although I think I failed more than completed which was disappointing. I tried working out before I'd eaten anything (read something about it being effective) but I just had no energy! Lots of breaks and only just got through it. I find the KB hold almost impossible and the pump and crunch? Good at the crunch but can't get the hips up!

I'm also wondering whether I've been doing the half get up right. Think I might hold the bell too far in front of myself rather than directly over my head (if that makes sense!)

I dont eat anything before my workouts this time round either mainly due to it just suiting me to swing straight after I do the morning school run. Plus its nice to sit down to a nice breakfast (albeit a late one) after. Its probably not the best advice but I do have a sugar free energy drink before my workouts & have found that I put a lot more effort into my swings when I have these than when I dont. As I say its probably not the best nutritional advice but thats what I do & it works for me :eek:

Its official. I have man flu. Its that serious.

couldnt lift a thing. need sympathy, tea and biscuits now.

shame i was looking forward to an hour of training (ive got steve cotters encyclopedia to go thru).

Ive been using chroncilesofstrength (Kettlebell Press, Clean, Squat Circuit - YouTube) and MikeMahler (Mastering the kettlebell clean and double kettlebell clean workout by Mike Mahler - YouTube) both do great techniques and routines, and importantly have dogs that join in. My Tig and Rox love joining in and you cant beat a licked face when doing bear crawls

Oh Martin, I hope you are feeling better soon. Man flu is the worst thing ever... your poor wife!!!! :p

Aww Martin, I can't help with tea and biscuits but here's some sympathy! Hope you feel better soon!

I'm approaching the end of KW now, well I've got 2 weeks left and I'm starting to wonder what next. Just wondering, what did you all do after completing it? I'm considering either doing another round using 7kg all the way through. Or possibly move on to advanced, though not sure if I'd be ready for that yet? Or maybe just find another program. Any thoughts?

Caroline I would definitely recommend continuing swinging or moving onto advanced if you have it. When I stopped due to my shoulder injury some of the inches I had lost did go back on so this time unless my arm is hanging off I will be continuing regardless. What about doing another round moving up a weight?? I do think its as effective no matter how many round you do as I have lost inches each time as has Sue. I've just started week 5 & was hoping to move onto advanced but I may have to wait until next month to get it in which case I'll just restart at week 1 again until it comes

Well thats week 5 resistance done followed by Fast Fat Burn. Managed right the way through with the 7.5kg again which I am pleased about. I definitely 'feel' a lot stronger this time round than previous rounds. I had my 5kg sitting just incase as the muscle I have pulled in my chest is still a wee bit sore but thankfully it didnt bother me once I got going. When it came to the disco side bends I decided to do them with a KB in each hand which definitely felt more effective :)

I'm really looking forward to moving onto advanced but as i said in m previous post I may have to wait until next month as there is just so many other things that need paid or got this month. Soo excited about moving on though & trying something new in the same format as it works really well for me & fits into my day so easily

Back