Secret to shaping up

Not posted lately but still trying to get some swinging in every other day.

6 months on...........

Bust 38 :eek: Back to where I was.
Waist 30 :) and can now get into my size 12 jeans which are 4 years old but the last 2 haven't been able to get into them.
Hips 38 :)

Weight 9st 11lb.STS for so long now that I think that is where I'm stuck at.

I still pop on here every day to read how everyone is doing.:)

Great to hear that you are still swinging!!!!

I nearly bought the Kettleworx set from Idealworld last night, thank god I didn't as i need the money to pay the excess on the glass cover, Bugs me that you pay for insurance AND the excess!

So anyway may have to buy one DVD a month instead lol!

Have you googled Kettleworx.cough download

Being absolutely rubbish at anything remotely technical I am a bit wary of these. I actually did google & found a few

Oh I'll definitely carry on, I'm a swinger for life now! :p It's just in what way I carry on. Think I'll probably do another round with a higher weight all the way through before I move on to advanced.

Hi All :)
Its been a busy weekend with work, and my attempt to get off a bit earlier today failed big time! I cant remember the last time I had a good swing, now lets see if i get up and do it lol

Chick your getting through it :) puppies do take alot of your time, but you get loads of exercise with it lol

Mama sorry to hear about your arm, hope it heals soon x Great to hear your keeping up with your swinging and enjoying advanced :)

Sue hope your toe heals quickly, I bet it was throbbing after your swing! I cant believe your on week 6 already lol its gone by so fast

Susie great to hear you got it done, as you havent been feeling well, it may have seemed a bit harder, and that one doesnt have you jumping around lol

catkims I cannot swing on an empty stomach, I just dont seem to have the fuel to do it. i am amazed at those that do them first thing in the morning! Strength training recommends fueling your body before and after a workout.
I struggled with loads of the moves, but you do find they come together, and the kb hold is a nightmare for most of us, so we can relate lol With your half get up, and any moves that have the bell overhead your bell should always be above you, pointing at 12 on the clock. If its off centre you could be pulling your muscles and affecting balance etc

Martin oh dear! This is not good news, hubby has had that, and I am surprised he lived to tell the tale!!! Your dogs sound adorable helping you with your bear crawls :)

caroline there are other programmes if your interested, or you carry on to round 2, as long as your swinging you will be shrinking :)

eatwell hope you have your swing and then i can follow your good example, been a bit lax myself with one thing and another lol

Donzy look at you go :) and no broken bones or bruises even better, this is one I struggle with technically, tend to have a slightly purple arm after a few sessions!

Joanne changing bell can be awkward but I am sure you will get the hang of it

Gettingfit great to hear you got into your jeans :) Good to see you finally lost that 1/4lb and got into the next stone bracket. Size 12 is fantastic, I wouldnt worry about what the scales say, those jeans say more!

Sweet great to hear your able to use your 7.5 all the way thru, and i am sure you will enjoy advanced when you get it (stupid bills!!!). Double bell disco side bends :)

Shirleen treat yourself to one a month, your worth it :) Hope you got your car sorted out

Thanks Kron. I thought I was finding the half get up a bit easy! Weight of the bell in front of me has been helping me up! I think my form is probably a bit poor on most of the moves. Could do with someone watching to put me right!

im shagged just a 26min session from Newport, breathing hard too. cold slowed me down a bit but hey ho. I can speed ahead of anthony whatsit execpt on lunges which I just cant get fast on. seems my upper body is stronger than lower...

Joanne24 said:
Caroline - you can go onto an advanced version of KB or just move up the weight. I'm uping the weight since I started with the advanced and don't have the other copy of KB.

Joanne were u quite fit already before startin? I've got copy of advanced and a bit scared to try it but can't c any downloads for first ones??x

Nah totally unfit haha. To be honest I don't think it's that 'advanced' I managed it no probs, just ended like a sweaty mess like I always do when I exercise lol x

Morning All - Wk6 Core done today. Just got Resistance left on Thursday and that's my first round of the Advanced done.

Broken toe is holding up well. Just had to adapt the plank a little bit. Unfortunately I am now experiencing a twinge in my left side where I might have overdone the "picking the pineapple from the tree and smashing it on your knee" one! All was fine until the 3rd set and then ouch! Hoping it's just a niggle and will ease off. :eek:

Think I might take a week off next week and let my body repair itself! :) Mind you the last time I said I was taking a week off I ended up doing the Fast Fat Burn and Fast Abs every day. Blooming addictive these bells! :D

Morning All - Wk6 Core done today. Just got Resistance left on Thursday and that's my first round of the Advanced done.

Broken toe is holding up well. Just had to adapt the plank a little bit. Unfortunately I am now experiencing a twinge in my left side where I might have overdone the "picking the pineapple from the tree and smashing it on your knee" one! All was fine until the 3rd set and then ouch! Hoping it's just a niggle and will ease off. :eek:

Think I might take a week off next week and let my body repair itself! :) Mind you the last time I said I was taking a week off I ended up doing the Fast Fat Burn and Fast Abs every day. Blooming addictive these bells! :D

Oh Sue that might not be a bad idea but stay away from those fast abs & fast fat burn this time!!!! I know what you mean about it being addictive though coz I am sitting here on my non swinging day absolutely dying to get swinging :eek:

Hope youre feeling better soon

Oh Sue that might not be a bad idea but stay away from those fast abs & fast fat burn this time!!!! I know what you mean about it being addictive though coz I am sitting here on my non swinging day absolutely dying to get swinging :eek:

Hope youre feeling better soon

Hi Sweet - the niggle's easing already so hopefully if I take it easy between now and Thursday evening I'll be ok for Resistance!

Meant to ask about your double belling for the disco side bends. What weights are you using? Think I might give it a go on Round 2 (in a couple of weeks - honest guv! :D).

Hi Sweet - the niggle's easing already so hopefully if I take it easy between now and Thursday evening I'll be ok for Resistance!

Meant to ask about your double belling for the disco side bends. What weights are you using? Think I might give it a go on Round 2 (in a couple of weeks - honest guv! :D).

I'm just using my 5kg & my 7.5kg. I suppose ideally it would be better to have 2 of the same but it seems to work ok. I tend to use the lighter weight on the hand that I'm sliding down my leg & the 7.5kg on the arm in the air. It definitely helps you feel a bit more of a burn at the time :D

I'm just using my 5kg & my 7.5kg. I suppose ideally it would be better to have 2 of the same but it seems to work ok. I tend to use the lighter weight on the hand that I'm sliding down my leg & the 7.5kg on the arm in the air. It definitely helps you feel a bit more of a burn at the time :D

Cool. Thanks for the tip. Will definately be trying that on Round 2. That's what I like about KBs, you can add these little extras which keep things fresh and you challenged. :)

Well I did it.... started week 4 with Cardio tonight and the 10lb bell - jeez, my arms ache. I managed to complete one full set with the 10lb one and most of the second set, except that I swopped back to the 3kg one for the kb hold and one arm swings.

I'm still rubbish on the hip/core crunch moves - irrespective of what weight I use.

I'll keep at it (with the 10lb bell) but I may have to add in an extra exante pack, or a bit of protein on the days I do the kb workouts - as afterwards I'm right peckish and the next day I get a little lightheaded.

I don't know how some of you have managed to use a 10lber or 5kg one from the beginning and I take my hat off to those who have :)

Make mine a double.

did a double session - slower than most workouts (you really cant move quick) and form is essential or its crushed fingers or crushed nuts which isnt a good look.

Well worth a try, a great way to step up to another level. My routine was 2 sets of 10-12 reps of

double jerk
double clean -snatch style
double sots (very hard, you wont go low)
double swing - inside legs
double swing - outside legs
double hang clean
double rack walk
double snatch swing style (pretty hard)
double clean
double crescent swing (much harder than it sounds)
double bottom up clean
double bottom up press

all these are on youtube. most of these you need your heels firm to help keep your back straight, avoid rocking onto toes.

Back