Secret to shaping up

Hi all :)
Great to catch up with you all
I have been working long hours, and routine is way out of the window, so hoping to get back into the swing of things this weekend, when life gets back to normal :)

Keep swinging x

Hi Kron - good to hear from you. Don't work too hard! :) xx

Goodness...just when I thought I was getting a handle on this, good ole Ryan goes and throws in a curve ball. What a nightmare those side elevators are :eek: never mind about lifting my hips to the penthouse, I couldn't even get off the ground floor :( I had to swop back to the 3kgs for them and I think I probably only managed to move my hips about 1/2 inch (if that). Oh well, its a new challenge.

Although I can't really comment about inch loss - I have noticed my 'bingo wings' getting much less 'flappy' and my face and neck are getting thinner (has anyone else noticed a facial change?).

In fact someone mentioned today that my face has changed quite a bit lately (quite pleased with that) :)

Well done Belles!
Sue -brilliant job on the Advanced set and delightful frank review; I now know I want to go Advanced (probably after round 3)

Suseka -great that you're getting noticeable results already

Yay for kettlebells! :D

Kron, take it easy... too much work is bad for you ;)

Sue, great review & I cannot wait to hear your results for advanced round 1

Suseka, forget about the KB for the side butt elevators & just practice them without until you feel steady enough to add a KB. You'll get there with them :) My face has changed quite a bit but I have always put that down more to the weightloss than the KB but you never know... these Kb ceratinly work wonders :)

Trimlee, I cant wait to get my hands on a set too. Hopefully the start of next month I'll order them but will just carry on with the normal version until they arrive.

Cheers guys. Will let you know my results on Saturday. Fingers crossed for some inch loss. :)

I'm going to get kettle bells and DVD today. Any recommendations? Please advise!
This thread is too big to flick through to see if this had been asked before.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try to get a metal bell, sports direct usually has them on offer. I would recommend kettleworx, but its a little pricey and you'd have to wait for it to be delivered (imo is defo worth the money) otherwise take a look through krons posts, or maybe in her Sig (cant check myself as am on phone) as she has done some great reviews.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

You could always get a bell and have a go using YouTube...

Good luck with it, its fantastic!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I'm going to get kettle bells and DVD today. Any recommendations? Please advise!
This thread is too big to flick through to see if this had been asked before.

Personally I prefer cast iron kettlebells as opposed to the vinyl ones as they are less bulky. As for DVD's the only one that I have used it kettleworx which I would highly recommend. I think there is a link in Krons signature though of reviews for others :)

Thanks ladies, which weight is best to start with? Looks like kettle works DVD and metal kettle bells. Thanks for the info :)

Well thats week 5 core comeplete now so thats me on the home straight once again :) I liked this weeks core though it seemed to go really quickly despite there being no plank for a wee breather!!! :eek: As well as KW I set myself a wee challenge to do 1000km this year. At the moment I'm doing it on my crosstrainer but intend to do most of it outside running when he evenings get a bit longer. So after I finished core I chipped another 5km off it!!!! :D

Oh & best news of all I weighed in this morning with a 3lb loss taking me only 18lb away from target!!!! So the scales are finally starting to catch up.... just hope they continue :D

Thanks ladies, which weight is best to start with? Looks like kettle works DVD and metal kettle bells. Thanks for the info :)

I suppose it really depends on your fitness level & the best thing might to be to go to a sports store that stock them to get a feel for the weights. Keep in mind though that your strength will build fairly quickly which is what I found so if you go for a lighter one you may be looking for something heavier in a few weeks.

Thanks sweet pink , hope I get into this cos this thread is totally inspiring, you all seem to love it and get great results.

Thanks sweet pink , hope I get into this cos this thread is totally inspiring, you all seem to love it and get great results.

Its great & I think one of the reasons that I do love it as much is the results you get which are especially good when you think its only 20 minutes 3 times a week!! I know with other exercise in the past I have struggled to fit it in & therefore have ended up maybe giving up butthe kettleworx routine really fits into your life & its fun. You probably will end up swearing at the TV at some point (or is that just me :eek:) but all in all its a great workput plan

Well thats week 5 core comeplete now so thats me on the home straight once again :) I liked this weeks core though it seemed to go really quickly despite there being no plank for a wee breather!!! :eek: As well as KW I set myself a wee challenge to do 1000km this year. At the moment I'm doing it on my crosstrainer but intend to do most of it outside running when he evenings get a bit longer. So after I finished core I chipped another 5km off it!!!! :D

Oh & best news of all I weighed in this morning with a 3lb loss taking me only 18lb away from target!!!! So the scales are finally starting to catch up.... just hope they continue :D

That's great news Sweet. I have no doubt you'll reach your target for the summer. Are you planning on having a wee celebration when you hit the 100lb offs? You'll be able to have the Century Club badge then too :)

Impressed with the running target as well. I'd love to do something like that but I'm far too lazy! :D

That's great news Sweet. I have no doubt you'll reach your target for the summer. Are you planning on having a wee celebration when you hit the 100lb offs? You'll be able to have the Century Club badge then too :)

Impressed with the running target as well. I'd love to do something like that but I'm far too lazy! :D

I'm looking forward to hitting centuary club coz I never in a million years thought I woud actually get there when I started. I never thought of a celebration for it though so that sounds like a plan!!! lol Mind you I darent tell my family coz they are constantly moaning at me for lossing too much & saying that I shouldnt lose anymore (I really think they need to visit specsavers though!!!! lol) I have told them, as has my hubby, that I am most definitely not starving myself & I eat good sized dinners & even have a chinese takeaway once a week!! I know they are just concerned though & it probably takes a while for them to get used to seeing me thinner so I just sit a say nothing & smile as I know they are just concerned.

I'm quite enjoying my wee challenge. I thought I really should make use of the crosstrainer even though its fab for drying clothes!!!:eek: Actually nipping onto it when I'm watching telly hasnt been too bad coz you dont really think about it. Just have to stay motivated though & keep it up :eek:

I know what you mean about the "well meaning comments". I've had it for a couple of months now all telling me I really shouldn't lose any more weight. At that point I was still in the Obese BMI bracket!! I know if my Mum was still alive she'd have started saying it after losing the first stone! Bless her.

I read a really great piece in the WW mag last year about letting comments from other people get to you. It said would your friends and family stop you from completing a marathon if you only had a mile to go? Would you let them stop you and you would just sit down and let everyone else run on by?

Good food for thought and I probably haven't expressed it very well but hopefully you'll get my gist! :)

I know what you mean about the "well meaning comments". I've had it for a couple of months now all telling me I really shouldn't lose any more weight. At that point I was still in the Obese BMI bracket!! I know if my Mum was still alive she'd have started saying it after losing the first stone! Bless her.

I read a really great piece in the WW mag last year about letting comments from other people get to you. It said would your friends and family stop you from completing a marathon if you only had a mile to go? Would you let them stop you and you would just sit down and let everyone else run on by?

Good food for thought and I probably haven't expressed it very well but hopefully you'll get my gist! :)

It makes perfect sense to me. You just have to smile & keep going dont you :)

Has anyone tried the kettlebells-mums-Hollie-Walcott on fitness TV. I recorded it on sky and did work out yesterday. Very good would definitely recommend it. Learnt a lot. As i only have the level 2 kettleworx it was nice to try this. Aching today thou!!!!

Back