Secret to shaping up

Has anyone tried the kettlebells-mums-Hollie-Walcott on fitness TV. I recorded it on sky and did work out yesterday. Very good would definitely recommend it. Learnt a lot. As i only have the level 2 kettleworx it was nice to try this. Aching today thou!!!!

Will see if it will be repeated and check it out! :)

Good morning :)
Its been a long week, but hopefully work will be back to normalish and I can get back to having a life lol

I hope to get a swing in today, altho looking around at the house, a few hours cleaning, laundry etc needs to be done first!! As it has been a week since I last swung, I imagine I will be flopped on the couch after :)

Sue cant wait for Mr Sue to brandish the old tape measure, and looking forward to hearing your results :)

Have ordered a kettle ball off ebay and have the kettleworx 6 weeks dvd set. I am really hoping I take to this I find keep-fit dvd's very hard to do,due to my K bra size. I am hoping this will help me lost weight from my boob's as just being on a diet does not seem to help.

Hello all can I have some helP please i brought the kettlebell bootcamp DVD by Angie Miller am I correct in saying its 45 mins each time?

I haven't started using the kettlebell yet, but the reviews on this DVD was fab on amazon. Have I brought the wrong on. As the kettleworx is 3x 20 a week. 45 mins seems long lol

Any help please :) also I have been reading for weeks now and u have all encouraged me to start this work out x

claire30 said:
Hello all can I have some helP please i brought the kettlebell bootcamp DVD by Angie Miller am I correct in saying its 45 mins each time?

I haven't started using the kettlebell yet, but the reviews on this DVD was fab on amazon. Have I brought the wrong on. As the kettleworx is 3x 20 a week. 45 mins seems long lol

Any help please :) also I have been reading for weeks now and u have all encouraged me to start this work out x

Hi, i have also bought the Angie Miller one. If you do the whole workout it is 45 mins. However, the dvd is in sections so you could just do a couple at a time, making sure you include warm up & cool down.

Its very cold here, but lovely and sunny- so I decided to do my KB workout nice and early, then I got stuck into some boring housework. So that's week 4 finished with resistance and I used the 10lb bell all the way through (dead chuffed with that). I have had to slow my pace and I'm not doing as many reps as Ryan and his crew, but I'm slowing down mainly to keep in control of my form.

I'm going to finish round 1 and then start over with the 10lb bell all the way through this time and throw in a few of the fast abs and fast fat burn workouts.

Using the 10lb bell does make me ache the next day - but it's a good ache :)

Have ordered a kettle ball off ebay and have the kettleworx 6 weeks dvd set. I am really hoping I take to this I find keep-fit dvd's very hard to do,due to my K bra size. I am hoping this will help me lost weight from my boob's as just being on a diet does not seem to help.

Hi Joanne - welcome to the Swingers Club! I too am well endowed in the boob department - 36HH and I have finally found a sports bra that holds them in place - its an Enell. You can find them on boobydoo.com (cheapest place). I did a mini review on here you'll be able to find. I think the thread was called Sports bras for big boobs! I can now do jumping jacks properly instead of having one arm clamped across my chest all the time! :)

Hi peeps - apologies for not posting yesterday but had a few PC issues which hopefully are now all resolved. Here's my results for Round 4, which was the first Advanced KW round I have done:

Arms: Left 0.5cm loss, Right - STS
Thighs: Left 2cm loss, Right 1.5cm loss
Hips: STS
Waist: 7.5cm loss
Bust: 3cm loss

So a 14.5cm loss altogether which I am very happy with. I seem to lose from my hips every other round but pleased my waist (and belly :)) is continuing to reduce each time. Last November I got a couple of pairs of size 16 jeans which fitted but were tight when I got them. They are now very comfortable around the waist. Also my new bras I got on the same shopping trip which were a 36 (previously a tight 38), I am now having to do them up on the middle hook.

KW is doing me proud! Having a day off today and then will fit in some Fast Fat Burn swings with my 10kg on Tuesday and Thursday before starting on Round 5 next Sunday. :)

Hope everyone has a fab day. xx

I did that Kettlebells Mums workout last night as it's not too heavy on the swings, and I enjoyed it v much!

Hi, i have also bought the Angie Miller one. If you do the whole workout it is 45 mins. However, the dvd is in sections so you could just do a couple at a time, making sure you include warm up & cool down.
oh great thank you :) when will u be starting in? :)

Does anyone else use the Angie Miller dvd please? the kettleworx looks good but can't afford right now.. im hoping by using the Angie Miller one i will get the same results right? :)

Hi Sue, brilliant inch loss; well done!

Shirleen, go for it :)

Claire, I don't know about the Angie Miller prog but it should work (I think Kron might have reviewed it).

I have just done Rd 2 Wk 2 resistance. I'm using my 7.5kg bell and struggle to keep up but I need to keep going!

Hi All :)

Sue great result, really happy for you :) Your going to have to go shopping again soon!
Have fun with your 10, and your mini break with fast fat burn. Are you planning on doing Rd 5 with it?

Trimlee hope you get to grips with your 7.5, keep reps low if needed, it will come.

Claire30 kettlebells are fantastic, so get swinging and let us know how you get on, its always good to hear about other dvds, as it may be of interest for others. I havent done that one, but the reviews are good

Good to see everyone ticking off another week :)

Core Wk 4 for me today, I joined in with Mr K, and yesterday I completed 12 min Lauren Brookes and a core from Katami and could feel it today :)

It is our 13th anniversary since we met (aaawwwhh) and we went out for a very upmarket meal last night, which was so delish it had to be really really bad for you, but as it only happens once a year... I will not be fussing about any well gotten gains lol

Hope everyone is well, and sorry if I have missed anything, but I think things will be getting back to normal for me so hope to keep up next week x

Hi Kron - not sure if I'll be able to manage Round 5 with my 10kg. Just going to focus on using it for the big swing type moves. Whatever I can get away with really.

Your meal last night sounded lovely. Happy Anniversary to you both. :)

Evening All - Can you help me please, I use my 5.5 and 7.5 KW bells and currently do double armed and single swings, clean and press and thats about it! I need some more moves and I cant go to class as I have a 10month old son to look after.

Can someone recommend a good dvd for me to buy? I see you talking about different ones so would appreciate a tip so I order one tongiht if poss.

x-x

New Dvd (well a used copy off ebay for £12) - 300 by Steve Maxwell

For the uninitiated, 300 has become legend amongst fitness peeps as the actors getting fit for the film 300 followed a specific workout including a timed session where they had to complete certain number of exercises in around 18 mins. Steve Maxwell has adapated this for a kettlebell workout using the concepts which have proven themselves for anyone wanting a boost to fitness or weight loss.

What you get is one part of the dvd that covers the exercises, he does the basics without going into masses of detail. Its top quality guidance amongst the best.

the 2nd part is the 300 itself - its around 30 mins non-stop and you do not ever put the kettlebell down, its totally continuous. He adapts the pace so reverse TGU is done at a steady tempo whereas others are more upbeat. Steve maxwell has a great style and is increadibly fit (he is 54yrs and looks amazing) and has terrific technique. Also worth noting unlike many the video appears nonstop no edits and every now and then even he slightly struggles.

the exercises (18 of them, with usually 10 reps for each/each arm and you end up doing 300 reps total) are some standard ones such as snatch or thruster, but also some tough ones such as deck squat one of the hardest exercises ive done - well i couldnt do them, you cant generate momentum as easily with a kettlebell in your hands. bottom up bell press ups were also an utter ***** and I struggled like hell with these, and hurt now from these. however for most of these I kept up with steve and reckon in time could master this. its all single kettlebell thoughout. he uses some girevoy sport versions (this is the russian based sport of using kettlebells against the clock, and some slight adaptations are done from standard technqiues - also covered very well by Steve cotter in his encylopedia dvd).

this is at the quality end of the kettlebell workouts. there is no one else in it, no gorgeous girlies in the background (boo hiss, shame), no music its just a simple well structured and well executed workout. the only irritation is his squeeky leather booties which bugged me and for new its expensive (arnt they all?).

Ideal for anyone in sports, for anyone who has progressed thru kettleworx and wants a new challenge. It would be ideal as a valentines for your man/woman/whatever, if they want fitness and have conquered their first kettleworx... just see the pain on thier face when they try this and get to around 15mins and only half way; priceless...

Last edited:
Martin is that suitable for beginners?

no - it needs quite a degree of confidence with the weights. 30mins with a weight you never let go of is hard work. its intermediate level at least.

I hurt quite a bit 4 hrs after this session and I dont think im unfit

for beginners try the chicago workout listed in this thread - its a great all rounder and challenging. I do it every now and then its nicely balanced, perfect place to start. If you cant find it let me know ill repost the link.

Martin is that suitable for beginners?

Back