Secret to shaping up

Anyone interested . . . The kettlebells mum workout with Hollie Walcott is showing again on wed 9am and thurs 6am on the Active Channel. Its ch281 on sky. I found it really good for techniques but then again i am only a beginner at this. We've all got to start somewhere. I am not unfit but i did ache 2 days later and still a bit stiff!!!

no - it needs quite a degree of confidence with the weights. 30mins with a weight you never let go of is hard work. its intermediate level at least.

I hurt quite a bit 4 hrs after this session and I dont think im unfit

for beginners try the chicago workout listed in this thread - its a great all rounder and challenging. I do it every now and then its nicely balanced, perfect place to start. If you cant find it let me know ill repost the link.

Thanks, I'll have another look. I think you had posted it in response to something I asked a while back too..whoops..

audharper said:
Anyone interested . . . The kettlebells mum workout with Hollie Walcott is showing again on wed 9am and thurs 6am on the Active Channel. Its ch281 on sky. I found it really good for techniques but then again i am only a beginner at this. We've all got to start somewhere. I am not unfit but i did ache 2 days later and still a bit stiff!!!

Hmmm yes my abs and inner thighs are telling the tale today lol!

Hi peeps - apologies for not posting yesterday but had a few PC issues which hopefully are now all resolved. Here's my results for Round 4, which was the first Advanced KW round I have done:

Arms: Left 0.5cm loss, Right - STS
Thighs: Left 2cm loss, Right 1.5cm loss
Hips: STS
Waist: 7.5cm loss
Bust: 3cm loss

So a 14.5cm loss altogether which I am very happy with. I seem to lose from my hips every other round but pleased my waist (and belly :)) is continuing to reduce each time. Last November I got a couple of pairs of size 16 jeans which fitted but were tight when I got them. They are now very comfortable around the waist. Also my new bras I got on the same shopping trip which were a 36 (previously a tight 38), I am now having to do them up on the middle hook.

KW is doing me proud! Having a day off today and then will fit in some Fast Fat Burn swings with my 10kg on Tuesday and Thursday before starting on Round 5 next Sunday. :)

Hope everyone has a fab day. xx

Thats a fantastic result Sue!!!! Just goes to show how the inches keep melting away each time!!!!
Its very cold here, but lovely and sunny- so I decided to do my KB workout nice and early, then I got stuck into some boring housework. So that's week 4 finished with resistance and I used the 10lb bell all the way through (dead chuffed with that). I have had to slow my pace and I'm not doing as many reps as Ryan and his crew, but I'm slowing down mainly to keep in control of my form.

I'm going to finish round 1 and then start over with the 10lb bell all the way through this time and throw in a few of the fast abs and fast fat burn workouts.

Using the 10lb bell does make me ache the next day - but it's a good ache :)

Sounds like youre doing great :)

Thats week 6 resistance done this morning so just cardio & core to go & thats me finished round 3 :eek:

Kron, I had an offplan meal over the weekend too so I'm hoping plenty of exercise this week will counteract any damage as I would love to shift a few more lbs this week now that the scales have started moving again!!! Though sp long as they dont start moving in the wrong direction!!!!!:rolleyes:

Please can I ask for some advice. I have bought Kettleworx and have also a 2.5, 5 and 7.5kg Kettlebell - but in which order should I do the Kettleworx program? Do I stick to one of the DVD's until it is completed, or should I mix and match with the other DVD's.... there isn't any instructions how to go about the program. Also having looked at the first exercise on the Core DVD there is not a hope in hells chance that I'd be able to keep up with the DVDwhist using a KB, how on earth did other folk manage when first starting..... I am not very fit,, but have been doing some gym exercises and classes?
I really want to start using my KB and am soooo motivated having read some of this thread.
Thank you in anticipation.

Hi All :)

Sue your 10 will be challenging, I found it was my shoulders that really felt the extra weight, so have fun with it

Lucy check out my signature where there are a few dvds that may be of interest. There has been a number of youtube links posted, but unfortunatley these get lost, the last good ones were posted by Martin

Martin good to hear you have found another challenging workout, I had heard 300 was a toughie and woudl reiterate this would not be good for beginners, altho I am tempted to get for Mr K and see if I can wean him off kw, altho I dont think he will go for it lol

Sweet hope you enjoyed your meal and I am sure that one meal will not ruin your downward weight loss. Are you going to start round 4, and is there going to be an inch loss report :)

audharper hope you enjoyed that routine, if your feeling it it must be good, i did check out the link that Shirleen found, and it looked like it provides all relevant body parts, and had lots of breaks so good for starting off

Shirleen only a little ache!!! good to hear that your feeling it but not crippled

I am tempted to have a little swing later as wont be doing anything tomorrow as my mummy has just returned from her months trip to USA to visit my brother, and she is round mine and back to our normal Tuesday night dinners

i gone done it again. i did the 300 2nd day in a row..... 26mins (i couldnt do deck squat did half decks instead). the final press ups were a bit messy but your balancing on the handle and by then my arms were shaking anyway.

and just to finish it off.... I did the 9 minute snatch test

[FONT=&quot]Minute 1 - one snatch every fifteen seconds - Right side[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Minute 2 - one snatch every ten seconds - Left side
Minute 3 - one snatch every five seconds - right side
Minute 4 - burn set - as many snatches as possible in one minute - left side
Minute 5 - Rest
Minute 6 - one snatch every fifteen seconds - left side
Minute 7 - one snatch every ten seconds - right side
Minute 8 - one snatch every five seconds - left side
Minute 9 - burn set - as many snatches as possible in one minute - right side[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

This will really build some capacity. right ive earned my jacket spud and beans

audharper said:

Must see if I can sky plus this!

Kron, yes it will be round 4 until I have the pennies for advanced though I dont mind. I'm planning to do cardio tomorrow & core wednesday before the kids break for half term at the end of the week so will give the inch report then!!! I'm quite excited to see the results myself this time :eek:

Hubby just informed me that I'll be having another off plan meal tomorrow as we're going out for dinner (I usually just cook something nice so this is a treat) so I am exercising like mad woman to make up for 2 off plan meals this week... 20kms done on the crosstrainer this afternoon so hopefully thats yesterdays meal worked off!!!! lol I may get back on again tomorrow & do the same again!!!

Help, help..... Can anyone help me with my query a little earlier please ..... I am unable to copy and paste using my iPad (my query is about 4 comments back). thanks

you should have three dvds. you get core, cardio and resistance training – you work thru them doing each one in turn, one each every week doing 20 minutes workouts . so do 1 x core session 1 x resistance 1 x cardio each week. you have 6 weeks worth of programme to get thru

you will get used to swinging the bell, start light and follow good technique

Help, help..... Can anyone help me with my query a little earlier please ..... I am unable to copy and paste using my iPad (my query is about 4 comments back). thanks

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Rd 2 Wk 3 core done :)

Quick question for you all. My losses while I'm doing Kettleworx have been pretty small (one 3.25lb and the others 0.5lb and 0.75lb) and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have another small loss this week. I am losing inches at the same time which is great but I want those lbs shifting too. Is there anything that will help the lbs to go as well? Such as drinking a certain amount of water (I am for 2 litres, though I've not been great at that the past few days) or eating a certain kind of diet (like lowering carbs, upping protein or something)? I know I might just be stuck with them as they are, which as long as I'm losing inches too is fine, but just thought I'd ask.

you should have three dvds. you get core, cardio and resistance training – you work thru them doing each one in turn, one each every week doing 20 minutes workouts . so do 1 x core session 1 x resistance 1 x cardio each week. you have 6 weeks worth of programme to get thru

you will get used to swinging the bell, start light and follow good technique

Thanks so much for your help Martin, I've ended up with 9 DVD's in my pack so plenty of variety. :)

Morning All - well its my week off between rounds but you know how those bells call! :) Just done a 10 min fast fat burn all with my 10kg. I am dripping in sweat and shaking. Managed it and didn't even have the energy to swear at Ryan when he was "Lets Turbo-charging"! It was all I could do to stand up and keep going. Definately going to use this bell on Round 5 for the two handed swings and squats as I think I can manage that. As for doing a full 20 mins with it - ha ha ha!

The only thing I found a bit tricky is that I have small hands so holding the bell in a bell grip was very difficult as my hands were struggling to fit round it with a decent grip so it didn't go flying. Maybe a gap in the market for heavier but more petite lady-bells?! :)

Will do another 10 min session with it after work on Thursday and then start Round 5 on Sunday. No rest for the wicked, eh!

Quick question for you all. My losses while I'm doing Kettleworx have been pretty small (one 3.25lb and the others 0.5lb and 0.75lb) and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have another small loss this week. I am losing inches at the same time which is great but I want those lbs shifting too. Is there anything that will help the lbs to go as well? Such as drinking a certain amount of water (I am for 2 litres, though I've not been great at that the past few days) or eating a certain kind of diet (like lowering carbs, upping protein or something)? I know I might just be stuck with them as they are, which as long as I'm losing inches too is fine, but just thought I'd ask.

Morning Caroline - not sure what to suggest really as I follow WW and have been losing quite steadily whilst doing KW. I have to confess I don't think about protein or carbs at all although I probably should. All I make sure I do is eat about 45 mins before I workout so I have enough energy.

Are you following a set calorie counting plan? Were you losing steadily before you started KW?

Thanks so much for your help Martin, I've ended up with 9 DVD's in my pack so plenty of variety. :)

Hi Spangle - if you have the Introduction DVD in your collection then I would recommend you watch that and have a go along with it to try and get used to the form for the main swings. The example workout on it at the end is actually week 1 Cardio by the way.

Take your time, focus on your form with a lighter bell to start with and you will be so surprised how quickly you progress. This is a marathon and not a sprint so don't get too hung up over who is using what weight etc. Just do what's right for you. You will know when you are not being challenged enough and the time to move up a weight. Also most of us use a selection of weights for different types of exercises so don't think you have to hold back until you've mastered everything with one weight before you think about using a slightly heavier one.

Good luck. The results speak for themselves if you keep plugging away. :)

Yeah, I'm just calorie counting to 1300 calories a day. I've always lost about an average of 2lbs a week whilst doing that but they've definitely slowed whilst I've been doing KW. But then my inch loss has gone up. Though I realised today that last week I lost 1.5lbs instead of the 0.75lbs that I thought, so I've lost 6lbs in 4 weeks, which is 1.5lbs a week on average so I'm not actually as far off as I thought. My scales have suddenly decided to start giving me a H2O reading which is strange seeing as it's had an error from the very first day I bought it! It was 43%, should be 50-60% for women so I need to up my water! Maybe that'll help. I might start weighing myself every morning with the H20 reading and try to get it up to about 55%, see if that helps with my losses at all.

Back