Secret to shaping up

Aymz said:
Hi I was watching through this and at one point she is using two bells. Is there any alternative way of doing this as I don't have two bells.

I just did one arm at a time as I only have the one 5kg bell

Another question here! Am currently trying yet again to struggle back on the SW wagon. I know that doing the kettlebell workouts can mess your weight loss around a bit, especially the day before or day of WI - so how do people manage it? 3 days a week would have to mean the day of or before weigh in. Or did you just ignore the pounds for the first little while, concentrating on the inch loss instead?
Thanks xx

There's no reason not to do it the day of WI, you'll have already weighed in in the morning will you not? Just spotted you said SW so that means evening WI I suppose? You could maybe do it after? I do Monday (Resistance), Wednesday (Cardio) and Friday (Core) with other cardio workouts on the other days, except for Saturday which I leave as a rest day before my WI on Sunday morning. If I feel I need it, I'll have an extra rest day on Sunday, I usually have the extra one every 3 or 4 weeks.

You might find that it slows your losses a little but you'll be losing inches, so you should focus on that. I'm giving eating most of my exercise calories back a try and that seems to be looking like it's helping so just make sure you're eating enough for the exercise that you're doing.

The reason any exercise may slow losses at first is because dieting alone means a loss of fat AND muscle, exercise keeps the muscle, however lean muscle helps to burn calories so the numbers on the scales aren't indicative of a slow down of fat loss, just keeping healthy muscle.

I've probably not explained that well!

citygirlbythec said:
Hello!

I've been inspired to get a DVD and a kettlebell, so I went for the Kettlercise women's DVD and a 4kg bell. My partners's going to do it with me despite it being a women's DVD - and he's ordered a 6kg bell.

We're a bit scared that we won't be able to move the day after so going to start small with the 20 min 'express' workout. Hopefully all will arrive tomorrow and we plan to do the first workout on Saturday.

Am quite nervous as despite being quite fit (I teach Zumba), I am rubbish with weights and have no upper body strength! Anyway, I'm excited to give it a go and looking forward to seeing the results. I just hope I don't smash the light fittings!

Welcome on board, it's a brill mix of work and fun! You should be fine given your current fitness level but can expect a bit of DOMS initially. :)

herewego said:
Erm...finally got round to doing resistance week 5! It must have been over a week since the last session :eek:.

On the plus side we bought a treadmill at the weekend and it was delivered Monday afternoon so even though I haven't done my kb workouts I have at least done some exercise. Today I did both :)

Just 3 more workout until I've finished round 1. It will have taken a couple of weeks longer than planned but hey ho. Next round I WILL do in 6 weeks!

Well done for getting back on track. Having fun on the treadmill? Fitness equipment at home is great but it needs a good plan to stop it from becoming a clothes rack when the novelty's worn off! (yeah, I'm guilty of same!). My current plan is alt days with Kettleworx and the stationary bike.
All the best with wk 6 and your next round :)

MartinD said:
no not yet...

i dont know why but been thinking on taking one of the kettlebell certs like RKC which has a challenge (e.g snatch test, 24kg x 100 lifts in 5 mins) so sort of using this to focus.

Im trying, well giving it a go, to think of training not working out. to me there is a difference, its about controlled pace, technique and using sometime bigger weights for strength not just metabolic workouts... jeez i need to get out more

Martin, you sound like a fitness instructor already -what with the great technical advice you give on here. Bet you'd do well on a kettlebell cert -all the best with that :)

Shirleen said:
The reason any exercise may slow losses at first is because dieting alone means a loss of fat AND muscle, exercise keeps the muscle, however lean muscle helps to burn calories so the numbers on the scales aren't indicative of a slow down of fat loss, just keeping healthy muscle.

I've probably not explained that well!

I'm liking your explanation there Shirleen! (comforting myself over my lack of scale movement, but really knowing I have to clean up my diet more :eek:)

Rd 2 wk 3 resistance done. Must admit it felt tough today. Anyhow it's done now :)
Have a great day everyone :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned before/elsewhere but I just wanted to say that Aldi currently have Kettlebells in 3 different sizes (I think they are 2.5kg, 5kg and 7kg, not sure though), less than a tenner each, bargain!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before/elsewhere but I just wanted to say that Aldi currently have Kettlebells in 3 different sizes (I think they are 2.5kg, 5kg and 7kg, not sure though), less than a tenner each, bargain!

Thanks, they didn't have any at my local Aldi yesterday :(

Dont wait!

use your bodyweight or fill water bottle and use that.

Mind you you will soon be knackered so perhaps enjoy the calm before the storm

welcome to kettlebells, once you start youll never stop....;-)

Still waiting for my 4kg ball to turn up. It was posted on the 8th and still not made it yet. Really want to get started will give it a few more days.

Good morning :)

Mr Sue is on week 5 already, did he skip a few weeks lol I cant believe time has gone that quickly!!! Great to hear there are results, another one stroking their grooves :) Good luck with Adv Rd 2, and I hope your 10 gets to have a go at some of the moves

Suseka hope your feeling ok and all better for when your son and granddaughter come to stay x

Donzy looking forward to results, hope you will be pleasantly surprised, you can still shrink without too much movement on the scales :)

joanne boo about not getting your bell yet, hope it comes soon

Amyz if you dont have two bells, just switch the bell to the opp hand on set 2, or switch each time you work out. I have different weight bells, so will swap the heavier one to the opp side for the next set

citygirlbythec welcome Kettlercise is a great workout and I am sure you both will enjoy swinging together ;) Sounds like your super fit with your zumba Hope your dvd came and get you to have a swing really soon

curvesandcurls if your on plan then your weight will go down. Some people can find they sts or gain a tad when first starting, but this is only temporary. Hope you get back on plan to see maximum result

Good to hear everyone ticking another swing/kw week off I am aiming to get a step swing done today, altho we may be going out for breakfast today, Mr K has been wanting to try a local american diner out as their breakfasts are delish, but will see what time he crawls out of bed lol

A of S Providence - hard week but did this with some doubles mixed in. also did the snatch test and can now match his speed - i do snatch like a pendulum to get speed with my eyes following the bell down and do a ballistic hip snap to get the first bit of the drive. the bell now lands really softly when i reach the apex as i punch thru and i also open my hand to give my wrist a micro break. hard work today - had 2 x massive mugs of tea during this workout.

time for some doubles practice and then a doggy walk with the girls

Morning as promised here are my results (in CM) for round 1 Adv (round 3 in total)

Chest -1cm, Waist -4cm,
Hips -5cm, Thighs -4cm,
Calves 0cm, Arms -1cm

:D:D:D:D

They're amazing losses, well done Donzy! I've got just one more workout tomorrow and I'll have finished the full 6 weeks. Not sure I've ever done a full 6 weeks of anything before!

Donzy great result :) Its good to hear that even after christmas indulgences, and what can seem like a struggle to get back on food plan, shrinkage is still happening!

*slinks in*

Hey guys :D Been lurking about, not caught up yet. Exams are finished so I fully concentrate on round 2 now, woop! Think this is the first time I have ever missed a form of exercise! Hope everyone is well xx

Hi everyone,

Haven't done any swinging all week but hoping to finish off week 3 this weekend!

Donzy, those results are very impressive and inspiring, well done :) you must be chuffed :) congrats on finishing round 3 :)

Hi again and thanks for the lovely warm welcome!

Today me and Pete did the Kettlercise 20 minute express DVD, I had a 4kg bell and he had a 6kg bell. I was nervous but it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be! I managed to do all of it, then I did the 8 minute abs session too. I'm not aching yet!

Pete didn't have such a good time of it though, he pulled his back halfway through and spent the rest of the DVD lying on the floor! Oh dear!

xx

Back