Secret to shaping up

Hi I have been going to a kettlecise class 60 min class for 4 weeks now, mon morning, wed and thurs evening., love it! Started at the 4kg weight and have just started using the 6kg except for a few that I use the 4kg for as just don't have the strength yet :)

I have just got a HRM polar ft40 which says I burn 485 cals in 58 mins

I am 5'5 and about 194lbs so using the class as part of a low cal diet with zumba once a week too on mon night..

Morning as promised here are my results (in CM) for round 1 Adv (round 3 in total)

Chest -1cm, Waist -4cm,
Hips -5cm, Thighs -4cm,
Calves 0cm, Arms -1cm

:D:D:D:D

Nice one Donzy. Excellent work! :D

Good morning :)

Been awake ages, so decided to get up, bet I will want a sleep in tomorrow lol

I completed my step swing workout yesterday, not sure how long it takes but it must be at least an hour. Still struggling on some of the sets, but getting the hang of it :)
We then went and met friends down the pub and had a few too many followed by a kebab (mr Ks idea!!) so will need to be quite good now lol

Joanne great to hear your exams are done, must be quite a relief for you. Hope you enjoy Rd 2

Chick hope you get week 3 done, half way thru :)

citygirlbythec great to hear you got on ok and the bells werent as terrifying as you had thought :) Hope Pete is feeling better and knows how he managed to pull his back so he can avoid doing that again!

Mis-behave blimey thats a full on exercise plan :) Really good to hear your enjoying and starting to move up in weight. Hope you have taken measurements as its a great way to track body changes

I am thinking about getting some core work done today, altho I should be doing some cardio to combat yesterdays over indulgences, but i like core more lol

Thanks! His back is pretty bad and he pulls it a few times a year - he insisted on using a 6kg despite this. I'm trying to be sympathetic but it gets on my nerves as I have to run round after him!

The muscles either side of my spine on my lower back are a bit sore today, but that's to be expected as I don't really use those muscles in my Zumba or in everyday life, but other than that, no DOMS! Brilliant! I can't wait to have another go tomorrow :)

Lindsay
xx

Morning all, I've officially finished the 6 week Kettleworx programme! Just had my WI and over those 6 weeks I've lost 9.25lbs and 15.5 inches. My losses slowed down a fair bit to 0.5lb and 0.75lb some weeks, which is low for me, but I've started eating back my exercise calories and this week (a 5 day week as I moved my WI day) I'm down 2lbs, which in 5 days I'm very happy with. Just done my fitness test thing as well, not sure how many of you did that at the start? I didn't know about it at the start so I did it during week 3. My push ups went from 12 to 30 and my in and out abs from 14 to 22. Though I'll be honest, I probably gave up sooner than I should have today. But still, I never, ever thought I'd be able to do 30 push ups!

So the question is, what now?! I'm not really sure. I don't know whether to maybe do another round of the 6 week programme or maybe move on to something else. I like kettlebells though so I'll definitely keep swinging. Any suggestions?

Lyndsay men!!! lol while he is lieing around he may want to check out some tutorials so he learns better form to prevent further injury. I suffered a back injury, and since swinging have developed my core, and back pain and problems are a thing of the past, so hope he recovers soon and gets swinging his way to stonger healthier back.
Great to hear your looking forward to your next swing, perhaps you can use his 6 while he is recovering :)

caroline absolutley brilliant result! 15.5 inches loss is incredible, well done you. I am sure you will get your food plan sorted, tweaking as needed to get you your optimum weight loss result :)
As for what next, you have invested in kw and as others have proven, it continues to keep shaping you up so another round(s) will still be beneficial. The 6 week programme can be used over and over and by upping the weight will keep giving results in a very short workout.
There are a number of kb dvds if swinging is to remain on your exercise plan and you want to try other moves/routines but these normally only have a couple of workouts so does not give the variety kw does

Oh I'll definitely keep swinging! I enjoy it and the results are great, might as well carry on especially as I've forked out for the kettlebell. I might go back through again using the 7kg weight from the start I think. Or maybe do more cardio stuff and use the short intense abs and fast fat burner ones 4-5 times a week. I'm not sure, I just don't want to get bored lol

Kron - I know! What are they like? Always think they know best! The Kettlercise DVD even comes with an instructional section showing you the correct technique but he didn't want to watch it, he just wanted to jump straight in. I think using his 6kg would rub his face in it a bit - I'm up for that challenge! ;)

Lindsay
xx

Hello All - Advanced Round 2 started this morning with Cardio. I used my 10kg for everything I could, dropping down to my 7.5kg where I needed to. I used to do a lot of the one handed stuff with my 15lb bell but was able to manage it with the 7.5kg today although it was hard going on set 2! Just had to use my 5kg once for the upside down bicep and tricep one, purely because its the only one that fits safely in my hand upside down. Had a go with the 15lb bell but the size difference means I couldn't hold it properly. Going to experiment with various upside down grips over the next day or so! :)

Feeling very pleased with myself but can't half feel it in my shoulders now. I love how upping the weight gives KW a whole new challenge. Its got to be the best value for money exercise regime!

Has anyone done any of the Ultra range which is the ones focused on certain areas of the body? I haven't watched any of these yet and just wondered what the format was? And before some smartypants tells me I could unwrap them and watch them - yes I know!!! :) :)

Glad to hear everyone is getting on ok and some great results posted by Donzy and Caroline. Hello to the newbies and welcome. :)

Mr Sue upstairs now doing Wk5 Cardio. He's thinking about doing Core as well so he can start on Wk6 on Tuesday. He's proper hardcore!! Bet he chickens out. :)

Go Mr Sue :) sue brilliant you managed your 10. Your shoulders will feel it I was the same. The other DVDs are similar to fast abs/burn in that you get a shorter workout concentrating on a particular body part. It's been a long time since I used, I have lent them out, and can't remember if they have some new moves, they are great for giving a little bit extra on any body part, and there are 2 or 3 10 min sessions on each.

Would love to give this a go as its easy to do at home!

Can anyone advise best type of kettlebells to buy and maybe best prices?

Thanks

Week 5 completed today - can't quite believe I'll have finished round 1 this time next week. I worked through the resistance using the 10lb bell all the way through and managed to keep up the reps (resistance is my favorite of the three).

Had a quick look in my local Aldis, but sadly they are not stocking the kb's. In intend to do a 2nd KW round with the 10lb bell, but wanted a 7.5kg to hand as well. But I'll wait a little longer for that now.

Everyone seems to be getting on well, with whatever workout (or level) they are on and more are joining -which makes the variety on this thread really interesting.

It would be great if we could get a KB forum going (like the zumba one). It'd be great to set up a few stickies to answer the newbie questions -like which DVD to start off with and what size KB. It would also be great to have a sticky with DVD reviews and advice especially from the likes of Kron, MartinD, Cat Lover Sue and the other more experienced KBers.

Any ideas how we could go about it, assuming folks would be up for it and make it worthwhile.

That's a great idea Suseka - I'm sure there would be loads of interest. Maybe email a moderator?

Lindsay
xx

Best bells...well they have good clearance on the wrist and not too big. But they get expensive (Stan Pike 8kg is £33). I like the Wolverston competition ones (16kg £35). RKC ones are good if you can get them. This is the top end.

Best non-metal bell this has good hand clearance - this looks perfect RED-BLK 7.5lb and 5lb Kettlebell Dumbbell Iron Cast Vinyl Casing Kettle Bell Home Gym Exercise: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

Best cheap deal probably the davina, kelly holmes or york set. Try tesco or argos. Paid £21 for three vinyl bells for my mrs she uses them as does my son.

Would love to give this a go as its easy to do at home!

Can anyone advise best type of kettlebells to buy and maybe best prices?

Thanks

Hi Trash most of us prefer metal bells over plastic ones. Tesco ones are good but their sale is finished, Aldi are on sale but hard to get. You can order online or some sport shops, Argos have them. Most start with a 5KG and at some point you may want to increase the weight

Suseka great to hear your getting keeping up using your 10lb :) only 3 more workouts to go! I think a request was put in for a kb forum but it didn't happen, and yes it would be good, there has been loads of really good links and tips that get lost on here

Did one of the workouts Martin posted this morning, think it was mike Mahler? Only did 2 rounds of it but was pooped after! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all, I am thinking of getting a DVD to try at home what is the opinion of the kettlecise woman's 2 pack?

Donzy I must be blind I completely missed that link!

Mis-behave Kettlercise will do the job, I believe it has a 20 and a 50 min workout, abs section, stretches and tutorial. This DVD is based on the most common kb class programme :) citygirlbythec has just done the 20 min and abs workout from this dvd

Yes I did! I enjoyed it and am sore today, but I have nothing to compare it to as I'm a KB virgin!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tesco have the 5kg for £10 but the weight looks as if it's all in the handle.The bell part of it looks small.
Might be ok'ish for someone who wants to try doing kettlebells before forking out for more expensive ones.
One Body 5kg Kettlebell - Tesco.Direct

Hiya - I've got the 5kg and the 7.5kg bells of this type and am really happy with them. Well made and great value for money.

Back