Secret to shaping up

Go Mr Sue :) sue brilliant you managed your 10. Your shoulders will feel it I was the same. The other DVDs are similar to fast abs/burn in that you get a shorter workout concentrating on a particular body part. It's been a long time since I used, I have lent them out, and can't remember if they have some new moves, they are great for giving a little bit extra on any body part, and there are 2 or 3 10 min sessions on each.

Mr Sue only did Cardio and he was knackered. I knew he was all talk! :D Still feeling it in the shoulders and biceps this morning but going for a facial and upper body massage in a bit so that will help.

Thanks for the info on the Ultra DVDs. Sound good. I might unwrap one this week and have a look. Not Arms and Shoulders though! ;)

Off to my kettlecise class this morning 60 mins with a 6kg weight :)

Ooooooh!!! DVDs have arrived! I'm gonna be a swinger!!!! I've Kelly Holmes kb. Have done some kb before and pretty strong. Should I start at 4.5?

I still have pretty bad DOMS from Saturday, especially in my thighs and bum! I wanted to have another session today but I don't know if I can. I'm hobbling round like an old lady!

citygirlbythec said:
I still have pretty bad DOMS from Saturday, especially in my thighs and bum! I wanted to have another session today but I don't know if I can. I'm hobbling round like an old lady!

Yea me to, lol sounds like a disease.. Got a back case of the doms :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all :)

Lindsay lol hope your ok, been there :) buns of steel coming your way what with your zumba as well!!!

Sue sooo jealous, how was your little pamper session, hope it pulled out those kinks :) Treat yourself and unwrap one

Misbehave hope you enjoyed, a 6 will be good and challenging, how did you get on

Donzy lol those square bells worry me, I got so many bruises when I first started, I would have shredded myself on the corners using that one!! It's a good workout :)

Curvesncurls how exciting, your ready to be a swinger ;) if your quite strong and are familiar with the bells I think 4.5 will be good but you may want to move up quite soon. See how you get on, you should be really pushing it to finish the sets to know your getting optimum results :)

I don't think I will be swinging tonight, will be getting an early night and hope to feel more energised tomorrow :)

Hi Donzy

Just looking at your results for KB's in your signature - what do you mean by round one ....round two....? Only your losses look fab! ;o)

Trash said:
Hi Donzy

Just looking at your results for KB's in your signature - what do you mean by round one ....round two....? Only your losses look fab! ;o)

each round is the 6 week programme so done once with 5kg, once with 7.5kg, then done the advanced. Lost the most the first time, 11cm just off my hips! I got progress pics in my album x

citygirlbythec said:

I was exactly the same first couple of times. I even thought i would be stuck on the loo cos of the pain in my legs in getting up every time i sat down anywhere!!! Shows how much its working!! Hope you're feeling better soon to swing again

Hi all

I'm relatively new to kettlebells - only used them in some PT sessions a few years ago. I'm going to be doing them from home as there are no classes near me, so am intending to invest in a DVD and a kettlebell.

Curvesncurl - I'm interested to see how you get on with the Kelly Holmes KB -I read the reviews on Tesco online and they are mostly positive, but one or two say it is a bit cumbersome? It looks like a good one for a newby given that you can adjust the weight, and its not too expensive. If I like KB's I will invest in a kettleworx, but would like to give it a go with a cheapie first!

I was the same with the kb- used them with the personal trainer. I've just done the 10 min abs to start. Amazing how one exercise is ok but challenging but then another (side plank with the bell) is bloody impossible!! I was like a beached whale trying to get back to sea!!!
I'm liking the Kelly Holmes one only cos it'll be adjustable, so cheaper to begin with (while I pay off the DVDs!). But can see if I use the full bell I'll not be able to do the bell holds cos it's too big. But if/when I get there, I'll sell my new body and buy and metal 7.5 bell.
Hark at the enthusiasm, eh??!!

Morning All - Wk1 Advanced Core done. Managed the majority with my 10kg which is rapidly becoming my new best friend :) At one point my arms were juddering over my head and I did think I might smash my face in but grim determination is a wonderful thing. Not sure if I will be able to move my arms later though! :)

Put Sweet Pink's tip into use and double belled with the disco side bends. Loved it. I found it made it easier but you could really, really feel your waist and sides being squeezed. It's the way forward for me from now on and seeing as the side bends crop up in just about every session on the Advanced I will be getting plenty of practice.

Got a mountain of cleaning to do today so that should challenge my cardio a bit more. I keep threatening the cats with Mr Sue's clippers. They shed like (I did type a rude word in here but it got starred out) shedding things on an especially sheddy day! Still no pain, no gain, eh! :)

Week 6 cardio :checkmark: my arms are already aching from those single arm lift and squats. My back is also making its presence known :eek:

Spent most of the early evening getting the spare room ready and now I'm nursing a nice cup of coffee and moaning every time I lift the cup :D

Can't quite believe I only have two more sessions to go then I've finished round 1. I think its the variation of the 3 different DVDs that has kept my interest, that and the knowledge that I'm getting an all over workout in just 20 minutes.

Make mine a very large double - the girls (pinky and perky) have arrived - 2 x 16kg beautiful twin competition bells. all shiny new and squeeky clean ready to be lifted, swung and lunged at.

the handles are steel and have nice wide space ideal for two handed moves and on snatch plenty of room for pushing hand thru. holding them in the racked position I feel like a bird with DD cup boobage - cant see my feet.

still getting 32kg over my head will get me fitter bit quicker!

Meanwhile, just to add to the repositary of quality sites and free workouts check out the lovely lady here - Kettlebell and Body Weight - Workout Class, Workout DVD | myomytv.com | Free Fitness Blog some good stuff here, also, she is not huge/musclebound but fit and terrific technique from primarily KB and bodyweight exercise (plus diet of course)

Just did the pat Flynn workout, def my least fav found it slow and repetitive, prob didn't help that there was a lot of arm work and I'm still at weakling x

You all are lifting mega amounts - can't wait til I can move up a level. I just did the Kettlercise 20 min express DVD, despite still being a tad sore. Maybe I should have waited for my tea to go down a bit more though - I feel a bit green now!

Thinking of getting a 10kg eek. Any advice on where I can get a good deal? And should I still to iron or get a steel one x

Back