Secret to shaping up

This week have done Zumba mon night, kettlecise class, 60 min work out tues,wed, thurs night using a 6 kg my legs don't hurt, arms don't hurt.. Just need stretching next week is my week 6 of the class. Have not lost that much weight 1st week lost 1.5kgs, (using 4kg) 2nd week gained 1kg, 3rd lost 300g, (started 6kg) 4th lost 200g 5th lost 300g again.. Let's see what Tuesday next week brings... But have lost inches off bust, back and waist area.. Butt is smaller..

:eek: Worn out just reading that! I admire your dedication to exercise. Pleased you're seeing results with the tape measure. :)

hello everyone! it seems to me you are doing a fantastic job!
Question: anyone familiar with shred it with weights DVD by Jillian Michaels?
What do you think of it? My budget doesn't allow me kettleworx at the moment... that's why!
thank you very much!!

athens said:
What do you think of it? My budget doesn't allow me kettleworx at the moment... that's why!
thank you very much!!

I've heard it's not very good but not used myself. There quite a few good YouTube videos you can do x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kettlebells - mums -Hollie walcott

On sky active, is this a good introduction?

Karen27 said:
Kettlebells - mums -Hollie walcott

On sky active, is this a good introduction?

A few of us on here have done it and its ok as a starter. You can definitely feel it the next day. Have a go and see what you think!

her technique is shocking

potential to cause problems or injury

however....some people get results and if you are careful, spend time on technique and be in control it could work. personally id never use her stuff...

there are free workouts you can try that are in this thread
thank you very much!!

:( Apparently Dr now thinks I have a problem in my kneecap and is sending me for X-Rays, now I can't straighten completely without pain.
However one of the things to help dodgy knees is to strengthen the Quads (However when I had DOMS it actually felt like my knee would snap backwards due to the muscle jerking.

So I really really want to swing, will I be foolish?

Just back from the PT for measurements -first time there since end of Oct. Have gained 4.5 cms on my hips and 7.5 on my bust:cry: Can't believe it. But onwards and downwards.
That being said, he kinda rubbished KW - saying it was just ok, but that I'd need to do an hour of cardio on two other days and stick to an eating plan to see any results at all. It has been said on here that diet is 70% of it - SW is starting in the morning - but are you all doing extra cardio and stuff on top of the swinging? :eek:

mmm similar position that my knee goes every now and then

I slow down, alter technique and focus on upper body

My right knee has acl so I focus on core and using my body more. Maybe this means ditch the kettleworx for a short while - i find that this time isnt a waste but I learn more and understand my body and its responses.

would you like some exercises to follow that are knee friendly?
:( Apparently Dr now thinks I have a problem in my kneecap and is sending me for X-Rays, now I can't straighten completely without pain.
However one of the things to help dodgy knees is to strengthen the Quads (However when I had DOMS it actually felt like my knee would snap backwards due to the muscle jerking.

So I really really want to swing, will I be foolish?

I do Zumba once a week and when weather is fine walk kids to school 70 min round trip... Jogging some of it as kid is fast on the scooter! When I add in the walking the weight comes off quicker :)

mmm similar position that my knee goes every now and then

I slow down, alter technique and focus on upper body

My right knee has acl so I focus on core and using my body more. Maybe this means ditch the kettleworx for a short while - i find that this time isnt a waste but I learn more and understand my body and its responses.

would you like some exercises to follow that are knee friendly?

Oh Martin that would be fab! Thankyou xxx

Dont forget to engage your abs, draw up your knees, kegel, and look up to the horizon. your body will be well positioned then. No knee bends here, all upright. Breathe deep too, engage inner thigh to keep knee straight and slow down - time in the gym not timing the gym as we used to say....

Around the world
Halo
Good Mornings - straight leg
Windmill just to 3/4 position, gently tho
Swing - two arm
Snatch
Clean and press
Clean
High pulls
One arm swing
Crush press situp
Russian twists
Triple crush (its an exercise not a cocktail)
Pushup with kettlebell on the horn - oh go on try it....

let me know if any of these you dont recognise ill post technique

Oh Martin that would be fab! Thankyou xxx

Just back from the PT for measurements -first time there since end of Oct. Have gained 4.5 cms on my hips and 7.5 on my bust:cry: Can't believe it. But onwards and downwards.
That being said, he kinda rubbished KW - saying it was just ok, but that I'd need to do an hour of cardio on two other days and stick to an eating plan to see any results at all. It has been said on here that diet is 70% of it - SW is starting in the morning - but are you all doing extra cardio and stuff on top of the swinging? :eek:

I stick to WW Propoints pretty rigidly - odd treats on a Saturday but I do nothing other than KW for exercise (3 sessions per week). Its working for me.

Dont forget to engage your abs, draw up your knees, kegel, and look up to the horizon. your body will be well positioned then. No knee bends here, all upright. Breathe deep too, engage inner thigh to keep knee straight and slow down - time in the gym not timing the gym as we used to say....

Around the world
Halo
Good Mornings - straight leg
Windmill just to 3/4 position, gently tho
Swing - two arm
Snatch
Clean and press
Clean
High pulls
One arm swing
Crush press situp
Russian twists
Triple crush (its an exercise not a cocktail)
Pushup with kettlebell on the horn - oh go on try it....

let me know if any of these you dont recognise ill post technique

Hmmm Could you explain: Around the world, Good Mornings, High Pulls, Triple Crush!

Thanks I probably know the moves but not the names!

Cat Lover Sue said:
I stick to WW Propoints pretty rigidly - odd treats on a Saturday but I do nothing other than KW for exercise (3 sessions per week). Its working for me.

Thanks - he is very extreme - totally into fitness. Just feels like I'm back to square 1, but I'm not! Thanks Sue. Might root out the davina DVDs or 30 day shred to do as well.

. around the world - also 'round she goes' - from hand to hand swing bell all round your body, waist level one way 10x - then back. Kettlebell - Around The Body Pass Counter Clockwise - YouTube

good morinings - stand tall, hold bell by handles. lift over head and rest bell lowest on your upper back, handle by your neck. your legs are straight, bend and hinge at hips and slowly bend as far as you can. at the lowest you go lift up again using hamstrings to lift up Kettlebell Good Morning - StudioMiletto.com - YouTube

high pulls - hold bell between legs, thrust the hips up as you swing the weight up to shoulder level, bending the elbow and taking the weight up at a slight angle - its at shoudler level and your back is straight. Kettlebell: High Pull - YouTube

Triple crush - 4 moves in one. see here Triple Crush - YouTube

Thanks - he is very extreme - totally into fitness. Just feels like I'm back to square 1, but I'm not! Thanks Sue. Might root out the davina DVDs or 30 day shred to do as well.

The PT at my Gym said weightloss is 90% diet, which I agree with.
I do 30 mins cardio to warm my muscles before swinging.

. around the world - also 'round she goes' - from hand to hand swing bell all round your body, waist level one way 10x - then back. Kettlebell - Around The Body Pass Counter Clockwise - YouTube

good morinings - stand tall, hold bell by handles. lift over head and rest bell lowest on your upper back, handle by your neck. your legs are straight, bend and hinge at hips and slowly bend as far as you can. at the lowest you go lift up again using hamstrings to lift up Kettlebell Good Morning - StudioMiletto.com - YouTube

high pulls - hold bell between legs, thrust the hips up as you swing the weight up to shoulder level, bending the elbow and taking the weight up at a slight angle - its at shoudler level and your back is straight. Kettlebell: High Pull - YouTube

Triple crush - 4 moves in one. see here Triple Crush - YouTube

Thanks Martin!

Back