Secret to shaping up

MartinD said:
. around the world - also 'round she goes' - from hand to hand swing bell all round your body, waist level one way 10x - then back. Kettlebell - Around The Body Pass Counter Clockwise - YouTube

good morinings - stand tall, hold bell by handles. lift over head and rest bell lowest on your upper back, handle by your neck. your legs are straight, bend and hinge at hips and slowly bend as far as you can. at the lowest you go lift up again using hamstrings to lift up Kettlebell Good Morning - StudioMiletto.com - YouTube

high pulls - hold bell between legs, thrust the hips up as you swing the weight up to shoulder level, bending the elbow and taking the weight up at a slight angle - its at shoudler level and your back is straight. Kettlebell: High Pull - YouTube

Triple crush - 4 moves in one. see here Triple Crush - YouTube

this info is really detailed :) thanks

curvesncurls said:
Just back from the PT for measurements -first time there since end of Oct. Have gained 4.5 cms on my hips and 7.5 on my bust:cry: Can't believe it. But onwards and downwards.
That being said, he kinda rubbished KW - saying it was just ok, but that I'd need to do an hour of cardio on two other days and stick to an eating plan to see any results at all. It has been said on here that diet is 70% of it - SW is starting in the morning - but are you all doing extra cardio and stuff on top of the swinging? :eek:

Hiya I just calorie count and kw 3 times a week x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Peeps - just wanted to say, 2lbs loss at my WI this morning which takes me to 5 STONE LOST! Mr Sue is now £100 lighter as he promised to give me the cash if I made it this far. And bless him he's had it tucked away for the last two weeks just in case. :) :)

Just 7lbs away from my goal which I never thought was achieveable. Then I'm going to challenge myself further by setting another target. Onwards and downwards! Happy Saturday everyone. xxx

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning Peeps - just wanted to say, 2lbs loss at my WI this morning which takes me to 5 STONE LOST! Mr Sue is now £100 lighter as he promised to give me the cash if I made it this far. And bless him he's had it tucked away for the last two weeks just in case. :) :)

Just 7lbs away from my goal which I never thought was achieveable. Then I'm going to challenge myself further by setting another target. Onwards and downwards! Happy Saturday everyone. xxx

That's brilliant!!!! X

Good morning

I am really looking forard to swinging today, seems like the weekends are when I am getting the time to really concentrate on working out.

Diet is the key to weight loss, you would have to workout full time to shed the lbs. exercise helps losses and strengthens and tones and swinging imo gives you a great toned shape in comparison to other forms of workouts. I only use kb for about 1-2 hrs per week and with diet the results have been remarkable. I had an NHS health check and my bmi is in the top range for healthy, and I couldnt believe it when she said if you could lose a bit more weight and get bmi into mid range - I looked at her, I wear a size 6 (thank you kbs lol)

Shirl keep your knee soft, a slight bend in your knees will still enable you to workout. Tip your pelvis under at the top of swings etc which will help keep the knee from locking out

Rachael hope you get on with the youtube workouts and enjoy your swing :)

Amyz :) Enjoy, let us know how you get on

athens great to hear your interested inthe bells and there are a number of youtube links posted that give good starter workouts. I would not go with the Jillian Michaels shred it, never done it tho

Sue Wooohooo well done on your 5 stone loss, I bet your thrilled, it bet it seemed like such a huge amount when you first started, but you have done it ... and considering lowering it more, look at you go. Whats your money being spent on ... apart from size 15 skinny jeans :)

I've just put a thread in tech support to ask if we can have a new forum set up within exercise for kettlebells. Wondered if anyone fancied putting a quick comment in there in support of having it.

Just thought that way we can have a new to kb thread, one with links, another with stats etc xxx

Donzy thanks for doing that, i have added a post :)

Good morning

I am really looking forard to swinging today, seems like the weekends are when I am getting the time to really concentrate on working out.

Diet is the key to weight loss, you would have to workout full time to shed the lbs. exercise helps losses and strengthens and tones and swinging imo gives you a great toned shape in comparison to other forms of workouts. I only use kb for about 1-2 hrs per week and with diet the results have been remarkable. I had an NHS health check and my bmi is in the top range for healthy, and I couldnt believe it when she said if you could lose a bit more weight and get bmi into mid range - I looked at her, I wear a size 6 (thank you kbs lol)

Shirl keep your knee soft, a slight bend in your knees will still enable you to workout. Tip your pelvis under at the top of swings etc which will help keep the knee from locking out

Rachael hope you get on with the youtube workouts and enjoy your swing :)

Amyz :) Enjoy, let us know how you get on

athens great to hear your interested inthe bells and there are a number of youtube links posted that give good starter workouts. I would not go with the Jillian Michaels shred it, never done it tho

Sue Wooohooo well done on your 5 stone loss, I bet your thrilled, it bet it seemed like such a huge amount when you first started, but you have done it ... and considering lowering it more, look at you go. Whats your money being spent on ... apart from size 15 skinny jeans :)

Morning Kron - thanks very much. I never thought I would get this far. Money is going towards a new wardrobe once my weight is sorted out. Been buying a few bits but they have all been pretty cheap (apart from my bras!).

Cannot believe what the nurse said to you. They are obsessed with the BMI range. So stupid and no wonder folk get eating disorders with daft "advice" like that! :mad: Grrrrrrr.

Donzy - I've added a post too. Here's hoping. x

Donzy84 said:
I've just put a thread in tech support to ask if we can have a new forum set up within exercise for kettlebells. Wondered if anyone fancied putting a quick comment in there in support of having it.

Just thought that way we can have a new to kb thread, one with links, another with stats etc xxx

Done, thanks donzy

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Cat Lover Sue said:

How Bl00dy fabulous are you!!!! Well done!

Cat Lover Sue said:

Congrats sue, you must be delighted with yourself!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

That's amazing and inspiring - you should be so proud of yourself. :D

(also, I like your very handsome cat :) )

Cat Lover Sue said:

Amazing sue! Well done :) what you planning on spending your ££ on? Maybe another colour of skinny jeans?! :) happy spending :)

chickadee83 said:
Amazing sue! Well done :) what you planning on spending your ££ on? Maybe another colour of skinny jeans?! :) happy spending :)

Posted this before reading yours and krons comments sue :) great minds kron :) well done again :)

Thanks for all your lovely comments my friends. Much appreciated. I intend to do a massive shopping trip in Glasgow towards the end of the year when I hope my weight will have stabilised. In the meantime I shall just buy a few bits as and when I need them. I'll have about £700 to spend. :)

This afternoon I shall celebrate reading my new WW magazine which was delivered today along with stuffing myself with a couple of toasted tea cakes. Just fancying them at the moment.

Well done Sue - what an achievement! You must feel like a totally diff person.

Kron - it's crazy with the BMI. Really OTT, it doesn't take into account body shape or anything. I'm aiming for a size 14 - huge for most people, but at a broad 5 ft 9, anything less would look unwell. I'd have to remove a hip bone and/or a shoulder blade to get into a 12. Currently a 16/18, usually an 18 in clothes - but the woman in the boutique brought me out a 14 'cos that's the size she thought I was. That's what I love about SW - you choose for yourself.

Feeling better about the exercise thing - you're all flying at the kettlebells and your chosen plans - any extra exercise will be a bonus. (If I feel like that, I'm more likely to actually do it!)

Keeeeeeeeeeeeep swinging!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Thanks for all your lovely comments my friends. Much appreciated. I intend to do a massive shopping trip in Glasgow towards the end of the year when I hope my weight will have stabilised. In the meantime I shall just buy a few bits as and when I need them. I'll have about £700 to spend. :)

This afternoon I shall celebrate reading my new WW magazine which was delivered today along with stuffing myself with a couple of toasted tea cakes. Just fancying them at the moment.

When you do your 'big shop' chr k put the personal shopper in Debenhams apparently it's really good and you try stuff on you maybe wouldn't have, my friend tried on three things she turned her nose up at and ended up buying two!

When you do your 'big shop' chr k put the personal shopper in Debenhams apparently it's really good and you try stuff on you maybe wouldn't have, my friend tried on three things she turned her nose up at and ended up buying two!

Thanks for the tip Shirleen. I did think about this as we have a Debenhams in Inverness that offers this service. Which would save a trip to Glasgow as well - so I suppose I could factor that into the budget! :D

The only thing that might not work for me is that I do have difficulty in saying no sometimes as I don't want to offend folk. I'd perhaps have to take someone along with me for some moral support!

That's amazing and inspiring - you should be so proud of yourself. :D

(also, I like your very handsome cat :) )

Hi - that's our Hartson in the pic. He's a chunk of ginger gorgeousness. Yours looks lovely too! :)

Back