Secret to shaping up

Congratulations Cat!!!

Congrats sue!! That is amazing! And kron it's true that bmi is not always the best indicator of whether weight loss is necessary especially since mass includes muscle.

P.s. Will add a comment to the kb thread

Dont forget to engage your abs, draw up your knees, kegel, and look up to the horizon. your body will be well positioned then. No knee bends here, all upright. Breathe deep too, engage inner thigh to keep knee straight and slow down - time in the gym not timing the gym as we used to say....

Around the world
Halo
Good Mornings - straight leg
Windmill just to 3/4 position, gently tho
Swing - two arm
Snatch
Clean and press
Clean
High pulls
One arm swing
Crush press situp
Russian twists
Triple crush (its an exercise not a cocktail)
Pushup with kettlebell on the horn - oh go on try it....

let me know if any of these you dont recognise ill post technique

Ah these are great. I decided to take a kettleworx break because my knee seems to be playing up more so having a break while I do physio for a bit in the hope that it'll fix it up a bit. I'm afraid I don't know what lots of these are!

Around the world (is that the rainbow thing? sitted, bell on one side, up over to the other side and back again?)
Good morning
Windmill
High pulls
Crush press sit ups
Russian twists
Triple crush

There's quite a few there, maybe I should save your time and just google!

Good morning all :)

I did 5 of the 7 sections of my kb swing dvd, (the warm up knackers me out lol) yesterday, and plan on doing some core work today.

Shirl loving your new avatar, is that an updated pic? you look so different from your previous pic x

Sue if you do the personal shopper thing you can tell them your on a weight loss journey so need advice on dressing your new shape, they will understand that you wont be buying much, altho you might find a couple of bits to tide you over. I have been a few times, and Shirl is right when they bring you something and its not something you would ever have considered, but looks great on. I really enjoyed it, as the shoppers run about bringing all different sizes and styles :)

curvesncurls haha I must admit she got a paddington bear stare!! Size 14 will look great for your height (and keeping those curves), as you say going too small will just look hagard, i can get away with it as i am a short a*se lol

Amyz i agree, BMI is a good target to aim for, but not something to get too hung up about. the only numbers I am interested in are inches as these are the ones others can see :)

Thanks for everyone that is supporting the creation of a kb thread that Donzy has requested. Would encourage a quick post on there from more peeps as it would be lovely to have some easy to find kb details x

Hi All - Cardio wk2 done this morning. Still managing to use my 10kg for the majority, just dropped down to the 7.5kg for the one handed swings and the kb hold. Lots of squats and lunges with this one so my legs are feeling a bit jelly like at the moment.

Mr Sue finished his first round of Standard KW this morning as well. He's going to carry on and start Round 2 on Tuesday. I can see us investing in a 12kg fairly shortly for him. Especially since he's helping himself to the 10kg he got me for Christmas! Grrrrrr! :)

Being a newish trend kettlebells suffer frm havign several naming issues so porbably find many of these are thigns you do already

Around the world - pass weight round body, hand to hand. if you want it harder pass round with arm higher at chest level on the lift phase as it comes round from your back to front
Good morning - stadn tall, feet hip width. lift weight above head and rest it on your trapezius/rhomboid the muscle centre of your back holding the handle. now fold at the hips bending forward ideally to 90degree but do what you can - now rise up back to stadning tall engaging your hamstrings. often poor knee is frnt/back leg imbalance and its the hams that are weak. when you return the weight btw to the ground at the end of your set, take it over your shoulder not your head
Windmill -
High pulls - swing between leg and lift to shoulder height so weight is level with top of shoulder
Crush press sit ups - lie on back, hold bell in crush on your chesticles (crush is hands on the big round bit of the bell) sit up lifting shoulders off ground then extend arms to press out so arms are straight with weight then try in this postion to sit up a little further in this position
Russian twists - hold bell in crush, sitting on ground and if you can lift your legs (if not leave them on the ground if its hard to lift them) and twist with the weight your head and upper body rotating side to side
Triple crush - a three in one exercise, stand tall and hold bell by the horn by your thighs, lift the weight like a bicep curl (part 1 of triple) do 10 reps then lift over head arms stright up and lower so weight is behind head by hinging at elbow (part 2 of triple) and do 10 reps and then combine these as one so to bicep then overhead then behind head and return. great for bingo wings.
Ah these are great. I decided to take a kettleworx break because my knee seems to be playing up more so having a break while I do physio for a bit in the hope that it'll fix it up a bit. I'm afraid I don't know what lots of these are!

Around the world (is that the rainbow thing? sitted, bell on one side, up over to the other side and back again?)
Good morning
Windmill
High pulls
Crush press sit ups
Russian twists
Triple crush

There's quite a few there, maybe I should save your time and just google!

Hi Guys

Well Ive stilll been swinging away quietly in the background even though I havnt posted much latley.

Im still working my way through the advanced dvd but I'm now using a 7.5kg which I'm well chuffed with! :)

Anyways, Ive noticed a few of you have been asking for a kettlebell forum for quite a while and as much as I love love love this thread (it was all you guys that got me started with the bells, especially Kron :) )Ive noticed that people ask the same questions over and over etc as there are no other specific areas to post them.

Well my hubby is a bit nifty with the internet and Ive been begging him to sort something out for me for a while now...well now its all finished!! :)

A Kettlebell forum specifically for Kettlebells :)

Kettlebell Forum

I would really really love the support of you guys because without you all, I would never have discovered my love for kettlebells :)

If there is anything missing you would want on there or you can suggest anything that needs changing, please let me know.

Wow thats amazing!!!

Hurt my neck doing week 1 resistance:sigh: Think I'll leave core til tomorrow night. Think it was either the one arm swing or the lawnmowers. Have to be a bit more "posture aware".
:rolleyes:

Hi,

I am back in the land of the living after what feels like the worst flu I have ever suffered!! I'm still not 100% so going to leave week 6 core to the end of the week to give me another few days recovery. Anyway I hope to catch up soon :)

Hi everyone, I've not been swinging lately as I am sitting here typing with my right hand in a support. If you don't know I have arthritis, have had really since I was 24. I keep it under control with the fortnightly injections I started last May and since then I have been a completeley different person, no pain or stiffness, its like I've been reborn.

At the beginning of last week I went into our home gym and had a session on the cross trainer and when I had finished I thought Id have a go on our multi gym which I haven't used since I got my kettlebells last November time. Well I had a go on the leg press and then I saw the dumbbells lying on the floor and if you know me I do like to stroke my ever growing biceps :), they had 15kg of weight on them and before I started the kettlebells I struggled to lift them with 2.5kg on, so I carried on with the 15kg doing some reps with both hands and afterwards I went indoor showing off my Popeye biceps to hubby, 2 days later and I had the most unbearable pain in my wrist at the base of my thumb and it's got to a point now that over the weekend I've had to eat my dinner one handed as it is so weak. I suppose this is just to remind me that I do still have arthritis and I have to be very careful still :cry:
So I'm going to give it a rest for a week and see how it feels then. The good news is Ive lost 2lbs this week :D

Oh Susie please take care of yourself. That is one of the most common problems seen in clients with ra as people push themselves to complete tasks when feeling well, leaving themselves in a lot of pain over subsequent days.
Look after yourself, you know your limits and boundaries!

Congrats on the 2lb!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Oh Susie please take care of yourself. That is one of the most common problems seen in clients with ra as people push themselves to complete tasks when feeling well, leaving themselves in a lot of pain over subsequent days.
Look after yourself, you know your limits and boundaries!

Congrats on the 2lb!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Thanks Ailly, I know I'm such a dope, but I'm doing things I would never have dreamt of before and loving it. I felt fine doing it but it's backfired on me. xxx

Hi, I'm about to take the plunge and buy the kettleworx dvd set! Very excited about having something new to do alongside the gym.

I've spent most of the morning ploughing through this thread and it's been so inspiring. Oh and I've joined the new forum as well. Will keep you posted with how I get on, looking forward to getting to know you all better.

I finished round 1 yesterday. Decided to get up nice and early, whilst everyone was having a bit of a Sunday lie-in (as much as one does with a 5 1/2 month old babby) and finish week 6 with resistance. I enjoyed it and I'm well chuffed to have stuck to the programme. I can't comment about inch loss, because I didn't take any measurements - but I certainly feel more toned and my core (back) has definitely benefited.

It's just a well that I did resistance yesterday, as I had originally planned to finish it off today, once son, gf and babby were safely on there way home, but right now I feel so flippin miserable and in no mood for anything (bar a bottle or two of wine - damn this diet).

I need to snap out of my 'black mood' -but it'll take a while (it always does). I miss my son terribly and the feelings of separation get worse as time goes on.

Oh well - there's little I can do except to just deal with it and carry on trawling the threads on minis to keep my mind occupied.

Great to hear everyone is doing well - KB's and weight losses. Sue - well done on reaching the 5 stone mark, a real achievement.

I'm going to have a break this week and start round 2 on Sunday, using the 10lb bell the whole way through. Until then, I'll keep up with the thread and wish all the 'swingers' on here - happy swinging :)

Double bubble. did a 300 with doubles (mostly, some bodyweight)

15 reps
1. Farmers Walk (15 steps)
2. Double swings
3. Double snatch
4. Double front squat
5. Double clean and Press
6. Push up
7. Double Overhead jerk
8. Double bent over row
9. Double front Squat
10. Double snatch
11. Push up
12. Double Thruster (squat to press)
13. Double Jump shrug
14. Double push up on kettlebell
15. Double Swing
16. Double walking See Saw
17. Renegades
18. Man Maker (clean then down to press up off bell)
19. Farmers walk
20 double high pull[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hi all :)
Just had a quick swing, Lauren Brooks followed by a bit of core work, not much as I did some core yesterday so it wil be a night off tomorrow

Sue your doing great with your 10, and if Mr Sue gets a 12 you can borrow it. I only use my 12 for swings and similar, haven't used it through a DVD workout yet, but I am going to start soon, not looking forward to the shoulder ache I get when using it tho :)

Cjeb I tried to register last night but couldn't, it's the validation words!!! Do you put a space in-between? I will give it another go later. Hubby's very clever :)

Curvesncurls sorry to hear you hurt your neck. Form is crucial so take it easy and when ready check your posture x

Sweet hope you recover soon and look forward to having you back. Plenty of rest and fluids will get you fighting fit soon x

Susie I think it's great that you have been feeling so much better and being able to do more than you have. It is so easy to overdo it, so I hope your wrist mends soon, and you cn get back into the swing of it, it seems to have done you good, but take it easy x great news on your 2lb loss

Splodergill welcome :) I am sure you will see the benefits of the bells, and if your going to the gym as well you will be complimenting your workouts. What's your gym routine?

Suseka I hope your able to snap out of your black mood soon, it must be so hard to see your family go home, but I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Your 10lb will keep you busy when you start on round 2, chin up x

Tomorrow night BBC2 Horizon 'the truth about exercise' with Michael Mosely. This explores the high intenisty interval style training and the claims about its impact on exercise.

theres no doubt that a revolution has begun and the aerobic approach has been found wanting. Metabolic conditioning - Metcon - is probably the next big thing.

Kron, my gym routine is 2 alternating workouts, one cardio and one resistance. Love resistance, tolerate cardio, although I am getting better and enjoying it more!

Back