Secret to shaping up

Wow! First time doing the kettlebell workout with a 5kg..it's really tough. Had to stop early for some of the moves but it was a GREAT workout. Loved it! Just hope I have the energy, motivation and willpower to carry on with this twice a week!

Just ordered the kettlecise DVD 2 pack as with OH working late for 10 days will not get to my classes :( just hope the DVDs are good :)

New forum has been created!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Was going to start copying and pasting into it, but have difficulty as am on my phone.

We should prob get this thread moved in there too... I'll send a message to pierce.

Was going to start copying and pasting into it, but have difficulty as am on my phone.

We should prob get this thread moved in there too... I'll send a message to pierce.

This thread is in the New forum and I have put it on a sticky:)

Morning All - on our shiny new forum! Wk2 Advanced Core done. Loving the double bell disco side bends. The bendy plank is still out for me at the moment with my slowly healing broken little toe (off to the docs this evening about it) so just substitute normal planks in their place which I can manage ok.

Going to do a new thread for our new forum about my KB experiences which I hope will be looked at by folk who are perhaps in two minds about whether KBs is for them or not. Will do it today as back to work tomorrow so won't get a chance otherwise. :)

Morning All - on our shiny new forum! Wk2 Advanced Core done. Loving the double bell disco side bends. The bendy plank is still out for me at the moment with my slowly healing broken little toe (off to the docs this evening about it) so just substitute normal planks in their place which I can manage ok.

Going to do a new thread for our new forum about my KB experiences which I hope will be looked at by folk who are perhaps in two minds about whether KBs is for them or not. Will do it today as back to work tomorrow so won't get a chance otherwise. :)

Hi Su

Thanks for your reply to my message much appreciated. I'm saving my pennies to purchase the "kettlercise double dvd for women and it comes with a 4kg kettlebell" The reviews look quite good so I hope Ive made a good choice :)

Today's workout - this is different to yesterday's in that this is meant to be a slow burn, dont rush take pauses but do it properly. I call this complexes as its got some challenges in it, you need to think about the muscle you use. Aim for 15 of each standard exercise, or 45 seconds for timed ones like bridge. they fall into b@stard hard ones or lift heavy so take your pick on either upping the weight or going light.

· Turkish get up
· SOTS
· Windmill
· Bottom up clean
· Alternating floor press
· One legged squat
· Deck squat
· One arm para press
· One arm split snatch
· One arm stomp jerk
· One arm open palm clean/two arm open palm clean
· One arm overhead squat
· One arm seated milatry press
· Mountain climbers
· Wall squat
· Push up to squat thrust
· Pumps
· Plank/side plank
· Bridge
· Janda sit up
· Hindu press up
· Crossover crunch

How great is this getting a forum and a sticky :) hope everyone enjoys.

I am going to explore :)

Happy swinging

MartinD said:
Today's workout - this is different to yesterday's in that this is meant to be a slow burn, dont rush take pauses but do it properly. I call this complexes as its got some challenges in it, you need to think about the muscle you use. Aim for 15 of each standard exercise, or 45 seconds for timed ones like bridge. they fall into b@stard hard ones or lift heavy so take your pick on either upping the weight or going light.

· Turkish get up
· SOTS
· Windmill
· Bottom up clean
· Alternating floor press
· One legged squat
· Deck squat
· One arm para press
· One arm split snatch
· One arm stomp jerk
· One arm open palm clean/two arm open palm clean
· One arm overhead squat
· One arm seated milatry press
· Mountain climbers
· Wall squat
· Push up to squat thrust
· Pumps
· Plank/side plank
· Bridge
· Janda sit up
· Hindu press up
· Crossover crunch

I needed resuscitation just reading that!!!!
Way to go Earl Grey in slippers!!!!

Hi all :)
The forum looks really good some great threads, it's going to be so much better to find info

Splodgergill I hate cardio lol so it's good to hear your starting to enjoy that side of things. Sounds like you have a really good exercise level set up :)

Curvencurls see it wasn't that bad :)

Amyz if you can get the motivation to do it for a couple of week you will see results which gives you loads of motivation. How did you get on, it's a toughie :)

Mis-behave you should enjoy the DVD it will be a similar format to your class

Sue hope your dr appt went ok

Trash it's a good workout and will get you results :)

Cjeb i am sure yours will pick up in no time. It looks good and has started getting an interest I will be using it :)

Martin you've got some good routines, are you using 16 and doubles where able?

Shirleen - me too lol

Happy swinging

Kron said:
Amyz if you can get the motivation to do it for a couple of week you will see results which gives you loads of motivation. How did you get on, it's a toughie :)

Hope so! Plan to do it again over the weekend. Or would you recommend I do it closer together? I just was quite achy so took a break and am planning to go to the gym tomorrow and Friday. Also, the dvd says to do the 40 minutes twice a week which is definitely what I am going to start off with but should I up it to three times or will that be too much?

It went well, my left arm is definitely weaker than my right and I struggle a bit but I love the workout because time flies and it's not boring or difficult.

Hi Kron - yeah Docs was fine. Basically he said there might be some light nerve damage but that this will eventually sort itself out. There is no treatment for any toes other than your big one if you damage that, apparently. Got my BP checked whilst I was there and it was spot on so I at least went away with some success! :)

Aching a little today but a Resistance session tomorrow night should sort that out! Hope you are ok? x

After 3 weeks I have my 4kg bell the company forgot to send me another one out after the first went missing. Hoping to get started on Saturday have tried some of the work out but did not have the floor space. So have tidy up the spare room so have lots of room now, just need to find the yoga mat.

Just done cardio wk 2, nearly killed me doing it, few rest periods! Quick question though. I've a few sore spots but no really sore pain, so does that mean I'm not using a hard enough weight? It's challenging at the time, but doable, if you know what I mean?

Today's routine. Continues in the theme of variation being a good thing.....and trying to use 16kg all the time (not on doubles yet..)

Wall squat
halo
pumps

do 10 x each for 4 circuits

Swings x 20
then alternate 1min each of -
jumping jacks,
mountain climbers
push up to squat
jog on spot

rinse and repeat. takes 12mins but not too hard

MartinD said:
Today's routine. Continues in the theme of variation being a good thing.....and trying to use 16kg all the time (not on doubles yet..)

Wall squat
halo
pumps

do 10 x each for 4 circuits

Swings x 20
then alternate 1min each of -
jumping jacks,
mountain climbers
push up to squat
jog on spot

rinse and repeat. takes 12mins but not too hard

I need a lie down!
You sure you're not one of those KB masters on YouTube? Lol

will it do the trick?????

Hello everyone, I’ve posted on the intro thread but wondered if anyone on here can help.
Ten years ago I was a fit gym bunny enjoying regular step and martial arts classes but over the years that fell by the wayside and I'm now far from fit or active and my size shows it! My hubby and I have been doing atkins since Christmas and I’ve lost a stone, however the weight loss seems to have stopped even tho I’m still sticking to the diet. I’ve started doing Zumba on the Wii but want to do some other exercise as well. I’ve done a bit of research looking at 30 day shred and others like that butink I’d like to try some form of kettle bell exercise as it looks like it gives quick results. Kettlercise and Kettleworx are a bit expensive for me so was thinking of starting with the 10 Minute Kettlebell DVD and a 4kg weight. Do you think this combination will kickstart the weight loss again? Any answers gratefully received!

I’ve done a bit of research looking at 30 day shred and others like that butink I’d like to try some form of kettle bell exercise as it looks like it gives quick results. Kettlercise and Kettleworx are a bit expensive for me so was thinking of starting with the 10 Minute Kettlebell DVD and a 4kg weight. Do you think this combination will kickstart the weight loss again? Any answers gratefully received!

Hi, I am sure you will get more knowledgeable replies as I'm a complete newbie! I've just started using kettlebells and it's already reduced my bodyfat % and measurements although my weight is staying static at the moment, I think due to water retention in my muscles.

I read (I think in this thread, or the Amazon reviews) that the 10 minute kettlebell dvd isn't really a good kettlebell workout. Instead I bought Amy Bento's Absolute Beginners DVD from Amazon at a similarish price and have found it good so far - the workout doesn't cover a large number of different exercises but the intro is really good for tips on the techniques needed. Mine came from the States in just over a week. It knackers me out and works up a sweat, plus my muscles definitely know about it the next day!

Can't advise on what a good weight would be as I am puny and use tiny ones but am sure you will get good advice on this from the lovely people here. :)

Back