Secret to shaping up

Hi I just bought the kettlercise DVD plus a Kettlebell. I found the DVD was great and the Kettlebell is a good shape, I had bought a cheap one (davina) and found it was rubbish! cast iron is much better.. My thinking is I am investing in me I need to get a quality product.

I have been going to a class a few times a week which is based on the kettlercise program so the DVD is much the same. Have a look in your area you might find a kettlercise class then you can have a go! I became addicted pretty quickly :)

Hi, my Kettleworx dvd set arrived today!

Not had chance to watch the intro yet but will do that tomorrow. Session 1 is planned for Tues as I'm away for the weekend and gym on Monday.

What kettlebells does everyone have? Can you get the cast iron ones at Argos or tesco direct? I have the kelly Holmes adjustable one but looking at it I don't think it's going to be suitable, specially as i see some people switch weights during a workout.

thanks PF, thank goodness I haven't ordered the DVD yet, I'll have to think again. I saw some of the US imports on Amazon but would need to get a multi region player. Maybe I'll check ebay for cheaper kettleworx/kettlercise. I was looking at getting Davina kettlebell as well so thankyou for the tip on that misbehave!!! Am learning all the time!!!:)

marycontrary said:
thanks PF, thank goodness I haven't ordered the DVD yet, I'll have to think again. I saw some of the US imports on Amazon but would need to get a multi region player. Maybe I'll check ebay for cheaper kettleworx/kettlercise. I was looking at getting Davina kettlebell as well so thankyou for the tip on that misbehave!!! Am learning all the time!!!:)

Good news, Amy Bento absolute beginners is region 0 so it will play on a UK player. I just checked this on my laptop which is not multi-region and it played fine. :)

marycontrary said:

Google kettlebell mums Hollie Walcott that's a beginners video and free! Dont panic about the two bells though one is fine just do the arms separately. It's a bit limited but a good start I reckon!
Also someone posted a link of the exercises done in Kettleworx if you wrote down the list and familiarised yourself with the form you could do it that way!

Regards bells. Tesco do a 5kg and 7.5kg in the larger stores. Nip in and have a quick swing (don't hit anyone) that way you can judge for yourself. The 5kg is a good challenging starter weight and most people who use a lighter weight to start with quickly end up at this point.

Don't think Argos have the cast in lower weights and of course you don't get the opportunity to feel the merchandise !:) The vinyl sets whilst good value tend to be too bulky and the adjustable bell is a huge. Hope this helps. Good luck. :)

Evening All - Advanced Round 2, Wk2 done with resistance. All with the 10kg. Feeling very chuffed with myself although my 2nd set of lawnmowers went a bit ragged towards the end! :)

Hope everyone's ok and swinging away. Hello to some of the newbies who are just about to start. Go for it. You won't regret it! :)

I did Amy Bento again today and just about managed both sets!

My husband (skinny runner type) tried kettleworx week 1 cardio. Halfway through I heard an indignant and breathless shriek of 'he's just repeating the video, he's not doing it again!!!'. Heh. :)

Double session, alternating 2 x 16kg, 2 x 12kg and bodyweight with minimal rest; did all these and then did (nearly all) them again...

Farmers Walk (15 steps)
Double swings 16kg
Double snatch 12kg
Double front squat 16kg
Double clean and Press 12kg
Push up x15
Double bent over row 16kg
Double Overhead jerk 12kg
Double front Squat 16kg
Double snatch 12kg
Push up x 15
Double Jump shrug 16kg
Double Thruster (squat to press) 12kg
Double push up on kettlebell x15

Double Swing 16kg
Double See Saw 12kg
Renegades 16kg
Man Maker (clean then down to press up off bell) x15
Farmers walk 16kg
Double high pull 12kg

Wipers using 2x16kg x15

Squirms x15

Crunches x15

If I did this it would read..
Farmers Walk (15 steps)
Collapse
Double swings 16kg
Resuscitated
Double snatch 12kg
De-fibrillated
Double front squat 16kg
Pronounced!

Double session, alternating 2 x 16kg, 2 x 12kg and bodyweight with minimal rest; did all these and then did (nearly all) them again...

Farmers Walk (15 steps)
Double swings 16kg
Double snatch 12kg
Double front squat 16kg
Double clean and Press 12kg
Push up x15
Double bent over row 16kg
Double Overhead jerk 12kg
Double front Squat 16kg
Double snatch 12kg
Push up x 15
Double Jump shrug 16kg
Double Thruster (squat to press) 12kg
Double push up on kettlebell x15

Double Swing 16kg
Double See Saw 12kg
Renegades 16kg
Man Maker (clean then down to press up off bell) x15
Farmers walk 16kg
Double high pull 12kg

Wipers using 2x16kg x15

Squirms x15

Crunches x15

ha ha!

I had to wait until the misses popped to slimming world/world boxing championship or whatever for her weigh in, as i made so much noise clanking weights, grunting, breathing and swearing.

oddly i feel ok at the moment, it wont last tho.....

...and i was banned from the kitchen for being a smelly git, dripping with sweat.
If I did this it would read..
Farmers Walk (15 steps)
Collapse
Double swings 16kg
Resuscitated
Double snatch 12kg
De-fibrillated
Double front squat 16kg
Pronounced!

Finally got around to using my Xmas present - my Kettlebell and Kettleworx DVD's, don't know why I waited so long to use it!

Just done Wk 1 Cardio

Hi all :)

I went to the gym Thursday, a friend got some passes and we were worked hard. Apparently i am very fit and strong :) so just shows how kbs can make you into a wonder woman lol Class was lower body strength, and omg my legs were hurting Friday, and still quite sore this morning, trying to avoid stairs and any sitting/standing etc movements lol methinks it will be core today leaving my legs alone!!!!

Amyz as your going to the gym as well, twice a week will compliment your gym training, but if you can get a third one in its not going to hurt (well not to much anyway :))

Sue good news that your toe is on the mend, and hope its all better soon. How is Mr Sue getting on? Bet your 7.5 feels really light now lol

joanne great to hear it finally arrived, and you get a chance to have a swing, let us know how you get on :)

curvesncurls as long as its challenging you are working those muscles, but if your able to easily keep up with the majority of sets you may want to consider moving up in weight. Not everyone gets really sore, and you may find that soreness hits after some sessions pending on the moves

Martin great routines, again showing how much variety one piece of equipment can do. Your cardio set sounds quite brutal tho!!!

marycontrary welcome :) well done on your weight loss so far, it is annoying when the scales stop moving! Exercise will help with weight loss, but diet is the key to dropping those lbs. Most start with a 5kg, but a 4 will get you started, but you may find you outgrow a 4 a bit quicker, but any swinging will help tone that body :) Check out the kb online links thread for some good youtube workouts.

mis-behave its great being able to workout at home, esp when its not always easy to get to the gym. I do find classes push you that bit harder, with a dvd I have just laid on the floor catching my breath watching the rest of a set - wouldnt do that in class lol

spodgergill I think you become accustomed to the type of bell you use, most prefer the metal type as they are not so bulky so feel more comfortable, as has been posted Tesco ones are good, and you can order for pick up in your local store :)

plumfoodie it wont be too many sessions and you will be keeping up with Amy, it is a good way to see progression. Great to hear hubby is getting into swinging ;)

suespain hi, hope you are well. How did you get on with the dreaded week 1 cardio lol

Happy swinging xx

Hi Kron

Thought I was quite fit, but doing week 1 Cardio well that was something else - my legs are aching today! But will persevere. Looking forward to tomorrow for Core

OMG A whole new section dedicated to kettlebells!!!! :)

I've been out the loop lately, been very lazy but have just booked a wee holiday in Alcudia in 5 weeks time so the prospect of digging out the bikini has me dusting off my 7.5 bell :) Nice to see you are all still swinging away :) Gonna have a look at the other forums now :)

Keep swinging!!!

It's a boring Sat nite - so I thought I'd pop onto Minis :) Really looking forward to starting KW round 2 tomorrow.

My weightlosses have slowed and I considered giving up the bells until I'd was a little closer to my goal. But....and it is a big BUT - I really enjoyed round 1 and felt myself getting stronger each week. In fact, I've really missed 'swinging' this week - so there's no way I want to stop now, even with the slower losses.

The way I see it, being on a VLCD I must be losing fat, so it doesn't matter what the scales say and using the kb's must be toning and shaping my muscles and eventually it'll all come together.

I aim to stick with the VLCD until I visit my son at the end of May, then I'll be going onto a low-carb eating plan to lose whatever I have left to reach goal.

I've bought the kettlercise dvd set and will move onto that after KW round 2. I will stick with the 10lb bell through that and the kettlercise (beginners) set, moving onto a 6kg or 7kg for Round 3 KW and then kettlercise (intermediate).

Am feeling really motivated right now - bring on Sunday :D

Suseka said:
It's a boring Sat nite - so I thought I'd pop onto Minis :) Really looking forward to starting KW round 2 tomorrow.

My weightlosses have slowed and I considered giving up the bells until I'd was a little closer to my goal. But....and it is a big BUT - I really enjoyed round 1 and felt myself getting stronger each week. In fact, I've really missed 'swinging' this week - so there's no way I want to stop now, even with the slower losses.

The way I see it, being on a VLCD I must be losing fat, so it doesn't matter what the scales say and using the kb's must be toning and shaping my muscles and eventually it'll all come together.

I aim to stick with the VLCD until I visit my son at the end of May, then I'll be going onto a low-carb eating plan to lose whatever I have left to reach goal.

I've bought the kettlercise dvd set and will move onto that after KW round 2. I will stick with the 10lb bell through that and the kettlercise (beginners) set, moving onto a 6kg or 7kg for Round 3 KW and then kettlercise (intermediate).

Am feeling really motivated right now - bring on Sunday :D

Did you get the vol II of kettlercise as its 1/2 price at the moment!

I'm off 2 try it now with my 4kg and 8kg :)

Ooh no, didn't know there was a vol 2 - where is it half price? I'll will add that to my collection - thanks, oh and enjoy :) I couldn't even pick up an 8kg yet, let along swing it, but I will soon :D

Back