Secret to shaping up

Morning all :)

I completed a core session yesterday, a few moves incorporated legs and they were not happy lol, still have some stiffness, but it seems to be easing a bit!!!

We went to a family 60th celebration we havent seen some since last summer, and we both got some really lovely compliments about how well and fit we looked :) it also gave me the chance to speak on my fav subject swinging ;) Food was lovely party nibbles, so very off plan and included demolishing a slice of lime cheesecake and choc fridge cake (i know!!! but it was a party!!!) I will be good today!

suespain it gets better now that one is out of the way lol enjoy core, these are my favourite :)

Chick I know! isnt it great we got our own kb forum :) holiday sounds lovely and plenty of time for you to get bikini body ready

Suseka I dont know anything about vlcd so cant help on why the scales arent moving, I hope it works itself out for you tho. Your swinging plan looks fantastic, you will enjoy kettlercise and I am sure you will be able to get that heavier bell to work up to as you progress. Good luck with the start of round 2, I hope now you know the moves better you will see a progression from when you first started :)

Mis-behave hope you enjoy vol 2, will be good to get a review on that one :) I might have to treat myself as well, thanks for th link

Happy swinging xx

Thankyou for the encouragement kron, I got on the scales this morning and have lost 3lbs! I've ordered the absolute beginners dvd and 30ds and picked up a 2 3 4 set of kb yesterday so am all ready to go. I plan my first session tomorrow morning before work :)

I bought the kettlercise neoprene ones which I like better than the vinyl style. Delivery was quick, was next day.

Mis-behave said:
I bought the kettlercise neoprene ones which I like better than the vinyl style. Delivery was quick, was next day.

Yea looked at them but they don't do a 10kg I like the diff colours :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello everyone, Im still alive and kicking, and have been looking on this, my fave thread, regularly. I just haven't been contributing, as after three rounds of Kettleworx, I've moved focus to a weight training program in the gym. Im really enjoying it, getting those day after aches again which i personally love! Also, the Kettlebells were great preparation. I just feel like Im continuing a journey started with the bells. They really got me into considering weight training in the first place. Like a lot of girls, i was previously afraid of getting bulky. Kettlebells made me see that the heavier the better! Not bulky at all- strong, toned and 'melting the fat off'!
However, I am the first to admit that i totally took my foot off the pedal food wise. A few months back, I started paying more attention to getting in some protein and healthy fats but basically i have been eating loads and loads of food! Which suits my enormous appetite....
With my wedding coming up soon though, I've decided, as of yesterday, to use myfitnesspal to keep an eye on everything, including overall calories. I reckon i was eating about 2800 calories a day!!! Need to get that down if i want to lose about 6-10 pounds for my wedding. I'll still be weight training in the gym and i think i'll use Kettlebells for whenever i want a top up. Lovely to see lots of new faces on here and great to see my old buddies too. Wish me luck!

I feel really good today - started with Round 2 week one Cardio and realised just how much I missed swinging that bell. I won't take breaks (even though it was only six days) from now as I doubt I'll feel the need.

Went right through with the 10lb bell and, apart from the KB hold (which made my arms shake a bit), I kept pace and completed all the reps. I'm still pretty rubbish with the push-up crossovers though and I do not like the 'mountain climbers'. Am glad I've got cardio week 1 out of the way.

I've watched through the kettlercise introduction (where Guy Nobles shows you each move) and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into that at the end of round 2 :D

If my weightlosses remain quite low, I'll probably add a 4th pack on the days I workout and see if that helps. But I'm not going to stop swinging.

Hi Everyone. Great to hear from Chick and Biggy again! :)

Well I'm still swinging away with my 10kg and loving it. The rest seem so much lighter now. I picked up my 5kg yesterday to move it whilst hoovering and it was so diddy and light. To think that I found it challenging when I first started out. As Ryan would say, "We're progressing!"

Mr Sue went straight into Round 2 and he's doing brilliantly. I've started looking around for a 12kg but he can buy that seeing as he's using my 10kg.

We're on our hols mid April and as we're self catering and the cottage has a DVD player we are thinking we will take our bells with us. We will both be mid round so it makes sense. Seeing as we'll be eating more it all counts towards the damage limitation, eh! :)

Will check out the Kettlercise DVDs if they are on offer, just to have something different to add to my collection. Have a great day everyone. xxx

Biggy lovely to catch up with what you have been doing :) great to hear your training is coming along and your getting those aches (your mad lol) you will shift those lbs by the big day, 2800 is a lot so mfp will really help with that side of things. How is your wedding dress fitting?

Mary congrats on the 3lb off :) and getting ready to start swinging. Good luck for your first session, just be mindful that some people ( me included) have difficulty working out first thing, so try and get some fuel in you before you get started x

Donzy I like :) I wouldn't worry about the handle, it's a heavier and new bell so you will adjust to it as you start. Mine are from different manufacturers so all varied in handles etc

Suseka you have made great progress :) you really struggled at the start, and now your keeping up, you go girl :) hope adding another pack helps with those scale numbers and be proud of how much fitter and stronger you are now!! I hate mountain climbers too lol

Sue taking your bells on hols will be brilliant :) you've both got the kb bug now!! I am planning to swing outside this summer, I really want to try some of the release moves, and I can't do that in doors lol

Double session today - just using pair 12kg and trying to minimise any break between sets to a few seconds. Did a 300 (that's 20 exercises doing 15 reps for each) its hard work very challenging for me with 24kg total.

Mix it with a few bodyweight to give my wrists a break but its a great session as its only 20 or so mins inc a warm up (wall squats, halo, around she goes and pumps x 10 done 3 times).

Hi Kron, I sold the original dress -it was sooo small, I was tempted to keep it just to see if I could EVER get it to fit, but in the end I felt like having it around was more demotivating than motivating. I had decided to get a different one anyway but I was considering keeping it out of interest.......But nice as it was, I was feeling negative with it around so it had to go.
Anyway, the new dress (very different from dress number 1) should arrive next month and I'm going to focus on that instead. Thanks for welcoming me back. I'll update photos on my members area just before I get married. x

Have done week one Resistance I did find it hard had a little rest half way but I got there in the end. I could not do the plank at all and did not do as many reps as I should of done. The floor work I did find hard but I do have a very painful lower back at the moment so hoping the floor work will get better with time.

Bit too tired today to do Amy Bento but I'm going to just do a few freestyle swings/moves so as not to miss the day entirely and hope that by Thursday I'll be good to go again.

I bought a 7.5 lb bell off eBay for when my 5 lb grows too light (not for awhile yet but I like to be prepared). Unfortunately it arrived with a badly mangled handle that shredded the hand of anyone who tried to use it. The seller was useless and told me I could either have a partial refund and keep it or send it back *at my cost* for a refund (hello, post office scale, meet my friend the heavy lump of metal) - either way I would have been out of pocket for something I couldn't use. Fortunately a nice person at work offered to take an angle grinder to it, and two fresh coats of paint later I have a working bell waiting for me when I am ready. Hoorah!

Hello everyone
After reading about kettlebells on here for a few weeks and reading about all of your fantastic results, i sat with my laptop last night and ordered the kettleworx set and a 4kg kettlebell. OH has ordered a 12kg one for him to use, he's already very fit, plays semi pro football and goes to the gym regularly. I just hope i can do it and not flop at the first hurdle. I hate the gym as its so boring and repetitive so am looking forward to something that is fun and can achieve maximum results in a small amount of time.
Wish me luck! X

Week 2 done! Took the advice Kron - upped to 6,5kg- see how that goes. God those side rowers are a killer people, aren't they?
Martin- some day I'll understand those workout terms, some day I will - honest! But I'm tired reading them!!

Have done week one Resistance I did find it hard had a little rest half way but I got there in the end. I could not do the plank at all and did not do as many reps as I should of done. The floor work I did find hard but I do have a very painful lower back at the moment so hoping the floor work will get better with time.

Hi Joanne - well done on getting started. I couldn't do the plank at all when I first began - the amount of times I ended up face down on my mat! :D But you'll be surprised at how quickly you get the hang of it. I look forward to it now as a chance for a breather!

Just do what you can, especially if you are having some back troubles. I used to get lower back pain quite often - as a result of a car jolt - and now I rarely get twinges. I think this is down to a combination of weight loss and strengthing my back through KW.

Good luck! :)

Bit too tired today to do Amy Bento but I'm going to just do a few freestyle swings/moves so as not to miss the day entirely and hope that by Thursday I'll be good to go again.

I bought a 7.5 lb bell off eBay for when my 5 lb grows too light (not for awhile yet but I like to be prepared). Unfortunately it arrived with a badly mangled handle that shredded the hand of anyone who tried to use it. The seller was useless and told me I could either have a partial refund and keep it or send it back *at my cost* for a refund (hello, post office scale, meet my friend the heavy lump of metal) - either way I would have been out of pocket for something I couldn't use. Fortunately a nice person at work offered to take an angle grinder to it, and two fresh coats of paint later I have a working bell waiting for me when I am ready. Hoorah!

Wow! Hope you left negative feedback. :eek:

Hello everyone
After reading about kettlebells on here for a few weeks and reading about all of your fantastic results, i sat with my laptop last night and ordered the kettleworx set and a 4kg kettlebell. OH has ordered a 12kg one for him to use, he's already very fit, plays semi pro football and goes to the gym regularly. I just hope i can do it and not flop at the first hurdle. I hate the gym as its so boring and repetitive so am looking forward to something that is fun and can achieve maximum results in a small amount of time.
Wish me luck! X

Hi - good luck! :) I have found KW to be invaluable and it definately fits the bill of giving results vs time spent. Just throw yourself into it and be prepared to sweat buckets. I'm sure you'll be fine - there will be some exercises you "get" straight away and others that you go "huh?" but you will get there. From a total exercise novice I found that they are explained well and its light hearted. No shouting boot camp type stuff in KW. The worst you get is, "Let me be really serious for a minute..." ! :D

I hope you get on ok. :)

Back