Secret to shaping up

Phew! Ok, just got kettleworx yesterday, done resistance today, can only do set one, after 2 mins of set two my arms like jelly! But can honestly say I will stick at this, definatly the best exercise DVD I've done. Usually I get bored, but this time I stopped cos I was worn out, really works your muscles!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Amyz, no tips, i just went for it! I usually find I'm on a high after doing the gym so took advantage of it. What time do you go to the gym? Are you eating enough prior to working out? that could cause a lack of energy.

Think I might just get the set of kettleworx DVD too.. Altho will wait and see what they say about my shoulder!!! As no swinging at The mo for me :(

Feeling good today, did both sets of wk1 resistance, dropping to a lighter bell for the second set. I need to pay more attention to keeping my bellybutton pulled in!

(is it just me, or are halos a bit awkward to know if you're doing them right?)

All being well, it'll be core wk2 for me on Monday!

Splodgergill said:
Amyz, no tips, i just went for it! I usually find I'm on a high after doing the gym so took advantage of it. What time do you go to the gym? Are you eating enough prior to working out? that could cause a lack of energy.

I probably am not eating enough as I feel quite hungry when I get home. I usually go to the gym around 3 as it is pretty empty and Im still not confident to go at a busy time :(

Well my kettlercise for women DVD's came today along with a 4kg bell - Ive sat and watched it all the way through and just had ago and the 20min workout :eek:

Wow I was a ball of sweat and did'nt think my legs would make it back downstairs ha ha :)

Just goes to show it targets areas other exercises don't reach!

Well chuffed with it and am sure once one gets the hang of the moves properly its pretty easy to set your own routine!

Any idea's of how often I should do the workouts?

There is a 50 minute workout

A 20 minute one

And I think there's a 8 minute fast one!

If your a nut like me.. I did the DVD 50 min work out 4 days and Friday did the express workout sat did the express plus the 50 min.. Rest sun..

But I was going to 60 min kettlercise class Monday morning (Zumba mon evening) Tuesday, wednesday, thurs evening and rest fri, sat, sun.. But i've been doing it for 7 weeks now :).

When I started I did 2 60 min classes a week., Monday and Wednesday .. Then upped it to 3 classes and now to the 4 plus DVD on sun.. Call me crazy lol

Ok now my old shoulder injury has no fat to pad it I am having issues with it and am seeing the doc about it.. So as long as your shoulders are in good order .. Do as much as you feel you are able :)

Blooming heck Misbehave :eek::eek:

Tired me out just reading it ha ha!

I'm going to start off little and often then gradually increase the frequency see how I go!

I do hope your shoulder eases very soon for you x

Evening Swingers - round 2 wk4 Advanced done! Phew, sweating like a brick layers botty! I always find it worse doing a session straight after work. Luckily this only happens on a Thursday. I have a banana about 4.30 so I have some energy to tackle the session when I get home about 5.15.

Trash - there's a plan actually on the Kettlercise DVD which recommends which workout to do when depending on your level of fitness. This might help you establish a routine. But as Mis-behave says - just do what you can to start with. Every little helps as they say! :)

Ahh thanks Sue .....found the plan on DVD 2 must of fast forwarded that bit previously!

How good is that it even shows you a timetable to work by! :)

I have searched all over the Internet for 5kg cast iron kettlebells but only find PVC iron or vinyl.
Please help and point me in the right direction!
Sherry

I have searched all over the Internet for 5kg cast iron kettlebells but only find PVC iron or vinyl.
Please help and point me in the right direction!
Sherry

Sherry - Search for

Tesco also stock these in their larger shops. Price has come down as well.

The bells are cast iron but have a thin protective vinyl coating.

No exercise....so tired tho

weird, that stress from moving house is more tiring than any session with weights.

could sleep for england.....hope to be swinging my bells at the weekend and getting on with life again!

Went to kettlercise class tonight, used a 2kg for my sore shoulder, but did no over head work or racks etc just swings .. Did left hand with 4kg and right with 2kg swinging at same time lol did not burn as much kcals wise but still worked legs etc.. :) happy!

Which of the kettleworx DVDs are best to get of the 10 available.

Glad to hear you coped ok. For Kettleworx you need to get Cardio, Core and Resistance DVDs as these form the basis for the 6 week programme. If you can get the Fast Fat Burn and Fast Abs as well you get an extra 3 10 minute sessions on each DVD.

well I thought I'd post an update as you were all kind enough to encourage and help me. I disappeared for a bit, although I was still reading the threads, as I was a bit 'under the weather' so didn't start the kettlebells. However I'm fully recovered now and have a couple of days off so yesterday I did the Absolute Beginners first workout and loved it. I started using the 2kg bell but quickly switched to the 3kg one. Amazing workout. I was buzzing so much afterwards that I went on to do the first 30ds session, which nearly killed me!!! Can't wait to do it again today and am really looking forward to seeing some results :).
Slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a good sports bra for the 'larger lady'?:eek:

Hi Mary - glad to hear you're swinging! :)

If you mean you have big boobs then go for an Enell Sports bra. They are a bit pricey but nothing moves at all. I am a 36HH by the way. Tried a Shock Absorber but no good for me although other folk swear by them.

Is there a certain order to do kettleworx?
I done resistance, when should I do others or do I just mix them up?

Ordered! Also found a voucher code to get 5% off any order shall I post the link in the newbies section?

Is there a certain order to do kettleworx?
I done resistance, when should I do others or do I just mix them up?

Hi - the order is personal preference. I do Cardio on Sunday, Core on Tues and Resistance on Weds. Its just something I started with and stuck to.

Back