Secret to shaping up

Well after avoiding exercise all weekend (was supposed to do cardio wk2 on sat and c25k wk1d1 on sun) I managed to do something yesterday.

Woke up nice and early to a lovely sunny day so decided to get c25k out of the way. Came home and hung out the washing then cracked into cardio2! Pushed myself and had to pause occasionally but got there, however did not have that great sense of achievement as was still behind schedule (i should've done res3 on Monday).

Decided to stay in workout clothes and do a little housework and see if I felt like doing res3, well I only bloomin managed it and finally got that sense of achievement!

Back on track and feeling it today, just a nice ache though!

Hope the rest of you are enjoying your swinging!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Well done Ailly makes you feel better doesn't it when you get back on track :)

I've just done my first night of HIIT treadmill jog/sprint .....and only managed 10 minutes boy is it hard! Was like a sweat ball but felt good too!

Off for a shower in a min and then sit and relax and read 2nd book in the Hunger Games Triology so far so good!

Did 15 mins of kettlebells tonight and back still hurts when doing figure of 8. Only managed 12 mins, very disappointed. I must be doing it wrong.

I have the day off tomorrow so going to do the full 3 mins.

I'm using 5kg - thats ok isn't it? x

The 5kg should ne fine. If there is an exercise that is making you feel sore then try let that body part rest before attempting to do another session. You could substitute different moves or just rest.

Do not push your body too hard!

Well an hour long Kettlercise class done tonight. I feel like I am getting the hang of the exercises more and my technique is getting better. Am able to manage more of the floor exercises too! :)

Week 5 resistance done here today, it absolutely flew by! Not been to the gym as DS2 has a case of the runs (nice!) so couldn't send him to playgroup. he enjoyed joining in with me tho! i also tested out my new wrist supports, as recommended on the kit thread, very pleased with them, they make such a difference. Still flitting between 4 and 6kg.

Lost 2lb this week, so that's the Easter weight gain gone.

Off out to get my new 9kg this evening! So excited! :woop: :woop:

Can anyone advise when I should move up to heavier kettlebell? I am using a 4kg and have now done three weeks. Some of the exercises are now quite easy although I struggle with the floor ones. Not is a desperate hurry but better be prepared as kettlebells are hard to find here in Vienna.

You could probably move up now for the ones that you are comfortable with and switch down to the lower weight when you need to. Hope that helps!

daisybell, I'm currently usng a 4 and a 6kg. I'm using the 6 for a greater part of the workouts but still need the 4kg for some stuff.

Just completed wk 3 cardio and can't say i enjoyed it mainly due to baseball catchers ! Not a fan but swapped for one arm swings :0/

Splodgergill said:
daisybell, I'm currently usng a 4 and a 6kg. I'm using the 6 for a greater part of the workouts but still need the 4kg for some stuff.

I think I will hunt down a 6kg bell. I can gradually introduce it for the easier exercises. What is better for killing the flab? Weight or repetition? Which exercise do folks find hard on heavier weights?

I have completed 1 week of kettlebell work out, with between 2.5kg & 5kg. 4 workouts in 7 day. Im not following a set program just you tube.

Just done week 2 Resistance, way. Way behind but last week I had joint pain every day, Saturday I could barely move and had max painkillers!
Anyway I'll do a write up tomorrow.

Oh by the way. I got Dort interested!

Just as I was thinking I was ready to move up a weight I have been knocked back. Yesterday I did the 8 mins ab workout with Kettlercise. My mid back is aching and I am stiff as a board! I have some way still to go me thinks.

Week 5 core done, week 5 complete! I was accompanied by DS2 for my workout, i used my kettlebells, he used his teddy-cute!

Can't believe I'm almost at the end already, think I'll just go back to the start and do it all again once I'm done, defo not ready for advanced.

Oh great, after a lovely morning it's started hailstoning, was planning on going into town to do a few bits. Hope it passes over quickly, DS2 has his hands over his ears, bless him!

wrapped up week 3 kworx tonight with resistance done and dusted! Enjoyed resistance much more than i did wk 3 core :)

Am planning on doing Interval training on treadmill in the morning and starting on week 4 on either sunday or monday!

Am pleased to say that i'm on target with my workouts today up at 7 and done 15 mins High intensity Interval training on the treadmill followed by week 3 Kworx ab workout :D I'm well chuffed as i'm cooking a beef rogan josh tonight with all the trimmings i.e. nan breads and onion baji's etc got friends coming around later so I imagine the drink will be flowing too! So the aim is to start Week 4 Kworx in the morning :)

Hiya Belles - back from my week's holiday which went far too quickly :cry:. The damage was a 3lb gain - not bad considering I ate what I wanted when I wanted - chocs, cakes and chips all went down the hatch - and it was brilliant! But back to the grindstone now and finished Wk3 Cardio a little earlier. Phew! All I could think about when I was doing it was the amount I had eaten over the past few days. Bet Kimberley never does a little dance in a chocolate shop at the counter like I did. Mr Sue was fairly mortified! :D

Glad I didn't take my bells with me in the end. Not only would I have had to move some of the furniture around which would have been a bit awkward, but I do feel like I have had a nice break from my diet and exercise.

Oh and Mr Sue put on 7lbs! :eek: Not surprised with the amount he put away and he rediscovered his love of beer as well! So all in all I think I did pretty well.

Right off to tackle the washing mountain. Catch you all later. xx

Sounds like you had a fab time Sue :) the bit about doing a dance in the choccy shop made me giggle :D And well done you for getting straight back in the saddle so to speak!

I've had a productive morning housework wise and decided to up the anti with my Weight Watchers diet so I've been and got myself a journal book so i can keep track of every morsal that i eat and so gets pointed. I'm also going to invest in some WW'ers food scales to make sure my portion sizes of pasta, rice, cereals, potatoes etc is spot on! As I fear my portion sizes may be a bit on the large side!

The plan is to do KWorx later this evening after tea all being well!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hiya Belles - back from my week's holiday which went far too quickly :cry:. The damage was a 3lb gain - not bad considering I ate what I wanted when I wanted - chocs, cakes and chips all went down the hatch - and it was brilliant! But back to the grindstone now and finished Wk3 Cardio a little earlier. Phew! All I could think about when I was doing it was the amount I had eaten over the past few days. Bet Kimberley never does a little dance in a chocolate shop at the counter like I did. Mr Sue was fairly mortified! :D

Glad I didn't take my bells with me in the end. Not only would I have had to move some of the furniture around which would have been a bit awkward, but I do feel like I have had a nice break from my diet and exercise.

Oh and Mr Sue put on 7lbs! :eek: Not surprised with the amount he put away and he rediscovered his love of beer as well! So all in all I think I did pretty well.

Right off to tackle the washing mountain. Catch you all later. xx

Welcome back Cat Lover Sue. Great attitude to the holiday - a 3lb gain is worth it and those swinging bells will have it shifted in no time at all! Glad to have you back.

Back