Secret to shaping up

Cheers Trash and Daisy. It wasn't as hard as I thought picking up the bells again this afternoon - quite missed my Ryan. What's harder is getting the thoughts of scones, cakes, chocs, McDonalds QP with Cheese etc out of my head! :drool:!

Welcome back, Sue! Glad to hear you had a great time, and the small weight gain will soon be gone. bet it was worth it!

Week 6 cardio done here today, along with the gym.

Feeling a bit low as it appears i may have some health issues. My blood pressure is high and I don't know why. Going for a blood test and ECG this week, followed by the doctors next Monday. I'm hoping it's just simply high blood pressure and meds to get it back down. It runs in the family so that's what I'm hoping for, if that makes sense. Am resisting the temptation to google what else it might be a sign of. Aside from obviously being overweight, I'm in good health- eat well, plenty of water, lots of exercise.

*sigh*

Welcome back Sue! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday, hurrah! :D

Well done to everyone who's doing so well and sticking to things! You're what got me through my KW workout today when I was losing all will to live, I just thought of you also persevering and it gave me the extra oomph to stick with it. :)

Splodgergill, hope your doctors can get you sorted out quickly and it's simple and straightforward!

BTW can anybody tell me how kettleworx week 4 resistance and core compare to week 3? I enjoyed week 3 core but found resistance sooo hard with all the leg work that it's kind of making me feel very resistant (no pun intended!) at the thought of doing week 4!!

Plumfoodie said:
BTW can anybody tell me how kettleworx week 4 resistance and core compare to week 3? I enjoyed week 3 core but found resistance sooo hard with all the leg work that it's kind of making me feel very resistant (no pun intended!) at the thought of doing week 4!!

Sorry cant help you on this one. My kettleworx DVDs arrive with my parents next week. Nutter that I am, really looking forward to trying something different. Probably best not to know what is ahead of you - might put you off!

Sorry cant help you on this one. My kettleworx DVDs arrive with my parents next week. Nutter that I am, really looking forward to trying something different. Probably best not to know what is ahead of you - might put you off!

Hope you'll enjoy KW! I really enjoy Ryan's cheesy brand of motivation and it does seem very effective for the amount of time you put in. :)

Personally I prefer to psych myself up for something if necessary, whereas fear of the unknown can put me off entirely! Bit of a wimp that way! :D

Plumfoodie said:

Hi Plumfoodie. :)

I did wk 4 Resistance on Saturday and I loved it. One of my favourites so far I think. Challenging, but do-able.

In comparison, I did wk 5 cardio this morning and I found it pretty hard compared to Sarurday's!

I'm sure you'll love it anyway. :)

xx

Hi Plumfoodie. :)

I did wk 4 Resistance on Saturday and I loved it. One of my favourites so far I think. Challenging, but do-able.

In comparison, I did wk 5 cardio this morning and I found it pretty hard compared to Sarurday's!

I'm sure you'll love it anyway. :)

xx

Thanks Croc, that's encouraging. :)

You're really steaming through the kettleworx weeks, well done! :D

plum x

Plumfoodie said:
Thanks Croc, that's encouraging. :)

You're really steaming through the kettleworx weeks, well done! :D

plum x

He he, thank you!

I wish it would start to show on the scales though!! :(

xx

He he, thank you!

I wish it would start to show on the scales though!! :(

xx

Are you taking measurements? If so are they shrinking? As someone once said (possibly even in this very thread) that's what gets you into smaller clothes at the end of the day. Also, are you feeling other benefits like feeling stronger, maybe it's easier to lift things or run up stairs etc.?

I know how frustrating it can be when you don't see any movement though, even if you remind yourself of all the other benefits you can focus on!

Hello!

I have been AWOL for a bit - first I had a crappy viral infection, then I was on holiday for a week visiting Barcelona, Paris and London! I didn't take my kettlebells in the end - I'm glad as I wouldn't have done them anyway. I stuffed my face the whole time but I don't weigh myself so I can't assess the damage. Anyway that's what holidays are for so I'm not going to beat myself up over my gluttony!

I should technically start Week 3 today but I have 3 whole days of Zumba on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I'm going to leave it til next week. By that time Croc will be on Week 6 as we started at the same time and that makes me feel really bad!! lol!

xx

In my kettlercise class this morning we did a few new moves - like lunges to the side, (couldn't figure them out) star jumps with a chest press, suitcase side lifts, Turkish 1/2 get ups and she also mixed up the routine so we didn't know what was next :) oh and some press ups - my shoulder def doesn't like full press ups - 1/2 ones I can do for a while lol more squats instead of swings with high pulls and racks and cleans .. Used the 4kg in my left and for swings, and squats plus lefthanded over head work - did kettleworx punches, confused a few people lol and the 2kg in my right due to my shoulder with no overhead moves, no racks either was just a bit too sore.

Might do kettleworx core wk2 tonight if OH let's me use the TV lol

citygirlbythec said:
Hello!

I have been AWOL for a bit - first I had a crappy viral infection, then I was on holiday for a week visiting Barcelona, Paris and London! I didn't take my kettlebells in the end - I'm glad as I wouldn't have done them anyway. I stuffed my face the whole time but I don't weigh myself so I can't assess the damage. Anyway that's what holidays are for so I'm not going to beat myself up over my gluttony!

I should technically start Week 3 today but I have 3 whole days of Zumba on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I'm going to leave it til next week. By that time Croc will be on Week 6 as we started at the same time and that makes me feel really bad!! lol!

xx

I think as you're a Zumba instructor, we'll let you off, he he. You obviously have your hands full with that & you can't do everything can you?!

As long as you work at a pace you're happy and comfortable with that's all that matters. Well done for doing the 'day job' AND being a Zumba instructor, AND doing Kettleworx. Phew!! :)

xx

I think as you're a Zumba instructor, we'll let you off, he he. You obviously have your hands full with that & you can't do everything can you?!

As long as you work at a pace you're happy and comfortable with that's all that matters. Well done for doing the 'day job' AND being a Zumba instructor, AND doing Kettleworx. Phew!! :)

xx

I suppose when you put it that way it doesn't seem like I'm slacking! lol :) xx

Just finished 25 mins kettleworx DVD Core wk2, was very similar to wk1.. See how I feel tomorrow having done an hour class this morning too..

Will see if I can get kids in bed so that I can go to kettlercise class at 7:30 tomorrow, their is a Zumba class at 8pm but not sure my leg could handle it!

citygirlbythec said:
I suppose when you put it that way it doesn't seem like I'm slacking! lol :) xx

You're definitely not slacking!!! :)

Hey, guess what? I've got my sister in law 'swinging' now too! She started the KW programme last week and she's loving it too! She bought the system purely from my recommendation. My Mum always said I could sell ice to Eskimos, ha ha! :)

xxx

Morning Peeps - that's wk3 Core done. My mid section feels like its been punished good and proper this morning. Its a good feeling as I know my 20 minutes has done some good. Substituted the half get ups (aka Turkish half get ups) for a combination of flutterkicks (nicked from Kettlercise) and one I can't remember the name of from the Advanced KW DVDs where you lie back with your bell at your feet and your hands tucked under your bum. You then raise your legs together from side to side over each side of the bell, nearly but not quite touching the floor. Sounds dead easy and one for a bit of a rest, but then you lift your chin up so its tucked into your chest and you can just about see the top of your kettlebell handle. I don't know what exactly this does but you can feel your core tighten like a drum and then it really starts to hurt (but in a good way, I'm not a sadist :D)! Have a go next time your on the floor - its a killer!

Just cooling down and then off for a shower and a relax with last night's Embarrasing Illnesses. Apparently it was filmed in the Highlands. Hope I don't see someone I know ... and their bits and bobs! :eek:

Just finished 25 mins kettleworx DVD Core wk2, was very similar to wk1.. See how I feel tomorrow having done an hour class this morning too..

Will see if I can get kids in bed so that I can go to kettlercise class at 7:30 tomorrow, their is a Zumba class at 8pm but not sure my leg could handle it!

:eek:
Blimey. Far too much exercise for me to cope with! I don't know how you do it. You will find that Core is pretty similar all the way through the KW standard DVDs. Always starts with the side twists and then the horse stance side bends and I think always ends with the spelling KW. Treat them like old friends! I really missed the bends and twists on the advanced DVDs - they are not there at all.

xx

Yep what Croc said. Sounds like you have your hands full and its not as if you're not doing any exercise. You're probably doing more than any of us!

Hello!

xx

Sorry to hear you weren't too well but pleased you had a good time on hols. And if you can't cut loose on your hols then when can you, eh! That's my excuse anyway after my 3lb holiday gain. I loved every minute of that 3lb gain, trust me! :)

Well exactly, that's what holidays are for. Definitely back on track though now :)

Back