Secret to shaping up

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread but just been having a read through and feel very inspired! :D

I had my first try of kettlebells at the gym yesterday and i've never ached so much in my life! I had to slide down the stairs this morning as I couldnt walk down them!

no pain no gain though I guess! Thinking of getting a kettlebell for at home too if I can find one thats not too expensive.

Good luck everyone
Sinéad

Sinead6uk said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread but just been having a read through and feel very inspired! :D

I had my first try of kettlebells at the gym yesterday and i've never ached so much in my life! I had to slide down the stairs this morning as I couldnt walk down them!

no pain no gain though I guess! Thinking of getting a kettlebell for at home too if I can find one thats not too expensive.

Good luck everyone
Sinéad

Good luck the transformation for me was amazing I couldnt believe how quickly your body shapes changes x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck the transformation for me was amazing I couldnt believe how quickly your body shapes changes x

thanks! i'm supposed to be heading back this evening to try some more but i seriously cannot move! :D how long does the pain usually last? It actually feels worse today than it did yesterday! :confused:

looking forward to getting into it a bit more and hopefully it wont hurt as much! xx

Hi I am still reading although not much kettle belling ! You have inspired me to pick it up again. I do love it and it does or rather did keep me toned.

Sinead6uk, I have always done them with rest days in between and as you get fitter the aching gets less.

Sinead6uk said:
Hi Everyone,

Good luck everyone
Sinéad

Tescos sell a gud 5kg :)

Sinead6uk said:
thanks! i'm supposed to be heading back this evening to try some more but i seriously cannot move! :D how long does the pain usually last? It actually feels worse today than it did yesterday! :confused:

looking forward to getting into it a bit more and hopefully it wont hurt as much! xx

Well I started doing shred and then on Thursday decided to do week 1 cardio, was still aching on Monday x

It took me 5 days to recover from my first session (Having not played with my bells for 6 months!) I found that I felt great by the end of the first week (Did 5 sessions at home) x

I get home on Tuesday after 5 weeks away and will be tackling the 8 kg bell. Just know it is going to be tough the first couple of times. When I get back into it I will be fine and knowing how much it alters my shape makes it all worthwhile.

Wow have just started posting and am really chuffed to find a kettlebell thread. Im just returned to class after a 3 month break and was quite surprised how I managed to get back into it. I really love the classes and they do work!!

Plumfoodie said:
I haven't tried yet, we did something similar-ish in Pilates class though so I'm hoping they won't be tooo bad. Fingers crossed anyway! They do look scary!

I cant even do hip side elevators haha ive got no strength at all! I need to get started again after my week off on holiday gunna do resistance week 5 and carry on from there then wen ive finished think im gunna start again x

Hi Everyone, I've just bought the 10 DVD set of Kettleworx with a 5kg weight, I don't exercise and have never tried kettle bells before, what shall I expect? Is it really as good as what everyone says?

Yeah the before and after photos I've seen look amazing, I'm hoping it'll be the kind of exercise I can maintain but still see results, which from the sounds of the comments that should be the case!!

Hopefully the set should be here by the end of the week, I'm looking forward to getting started!!

Hello, I've been on this thread a little bit a while ago, just enough time to buy the DVD and an 11pouns kettlebell and then I stopped everything with my pregnancy, now I'm ready to start the program. I did the introduction DVD last week, this week I was wondering : do I exercise with one Dvd per week, for instance one week cardio, one week core....or do I mix the Dvd's ? Thanks for helping me.

Hello, I've been on this thread a little bit a while ago, just enough time to buy the DVD and an 11pouns kettlebell and then I stopped everything with my pregnancy, now I'm ready to start the program. I did the introduction DVD last week, this week I was wondering : do I exercise with one Dvd per week, for instance one week cardio, one week core....or do I mix the Dvd's ? Thanks for helping me.

Hi Illa - congratulations on your new arrival :) You start with week 1 and do all three week 1 sessions - so week 1 Cardio, week 1 Core and week 1 Resistance. You then move on to week 2 and do the same. So its one of each session each week. Most of us have our regular days for each so it makes it easier to keep track. I do Cardio on a Sunday, Core on a Tuesday and Res on a Thursday.

Good luck. Its a fab programme if you stick with it and works wonders. x

Back