Secret to shaping up

Aww thanks Trimlee, much appreciated. But I'm keeping going with the bells as there's many bits that need toning up, plus the thought of not hearing Ryan's encouraging little voice would be too much for me! :)

I havent dun my bells for 2 week :( just cant seem to find time or motivation!!

Sometimes you just have to fake it until you make it - just force yourself to find the time (this was me today!) and then hopefully after a session or two you'll get back into the swing of things? x

Plumfoodie said:
Sometimes you just have to fake it until you make it - just force yourself to find the time (this was me today!) and then hopefully after a session or two you'll get back into the swing of things? x

Couldn't agree more. Thinking about it is worse than doing!

Hi everyone! :)

Haven't posted for ages but i've been keeping my eye on the thread. Well done everyone for keeping it up.

Did a KW workout yesterday for the first time in a few weeks to get back into it and OMG I have DOMS big time again!!

Why oh why did I not just keep it up? It's fine when you do it regularly like you should!!

Anyway, I know from experience with KW that no pain means no gain at first. I do like to feel the ache once the severity wears off a bit. It's kind of a nice satisfying ache isn't it? Ha ha ha :)

xx

I've lost 20.5lb in 15 weeks and started KB again 4 weeks ago, and KW 2 weeks ago. Now my weight loss has stalled, I'm a bit gutted but determined to carry on! I am really enjoying KB, this time i'm prepared and will be doing it on holiday with a dumbell. Have 3 & 1/2 weeks til my hols and haven't noticed a massive difference, though my clothes are definitely looser. Do you think I should do more than the 3xweek?

Baileygirl said:
I've lost 20.5lb in 15 weeks and started KB again 4 weeks ago, and KW 2 weeks ago. Now my weight loss has stalled, I'm a bit gutted but determined to carry on! I am really enjoying KB, this time i'm prepared and will be doing it on holiday with a dumbell. Have 3 & 1/2 weeks til my hols and haven't noticed a massive difference, though my clothes are definitely looser. Do you think I should do more than the 3xweek?

With KW, I wouldn't do more than the 3 sessions a week as it's designed to be the most effective when followed as advised.

I usually see and feel results very quickly with KW, it's far more effective than anything else I've ever tried.

Try not to let the stalled weight loss put you off too much; it happened with me too but it'll catch up when you're body settles into the exercise, and as you'll be feeling so firm and fit, you'll be glad you kept it up! :)

xx

Morning Swingers. That's me all done and dusted with Wk6 Advanced Core. Can't believe only one more workout and that's another 6 week programme over. Where does the time go? Think I might put a new Yoga Mat on my Xmas list this year. Mine is looking pretty battered now - I blame the Jumping Jacks! :) Hope everyone is quietly swinging away in the background. You know it makes sense! :character00115:

Aww thanks Mrs L, much appreciated. I still can't quite believe it myself. Sure I have some very wobbly bits but in the main I am happy with where I am. Got a pair of New Look Super Skinny Jeans on Sunday in a size 14. Didn't have to contort myself to get into them and they looked just fine. That in itself is a reward for me after years and years of settling for whatever I could get to fit regardless of whether it looked any good.

You CAN do it, you know you can. I don't know what "clicked" for me this time but I have been focused and really it hasn't taken that long - just over a year. I just thank the stars I found Kron's thread and gave the bells a go. I have no doubt they have been a huge contributor to getting to goal so quickly.

Now that IS an incentive! Obviously you will be naming your first-born Ryan if its a boy - am I jumping the gun... :D

Hi CLS, I have left a message on your Success story thread but have to say again that you look absolutely fabulous. Well done on all you have achieved. As for a grandson called Ryan......hmm, not sure about that one lol!!!

Really need to get motivated to start swinging again.....reading your story certainly has given me a much-needed nudge xx

I'd be prepared to give it a try! Ryan and I were swinging from the rafters today. Week 2 KWX, cardio. Does anyone else find the jumping jacks a killer? Managed to do both sets of one armed press with 8kg bell but I couldn't get my feet off the ground for the core rowers.

Need to get back into a routine and do the sessions first thing in the morning. Do you eat before exercise or after? What do you eat?

When I was doing class in the evening I would have a handful of almonds and some yogurt and maybe a banana too after class. I would eat dinner at least 1.5 hours before class which was at 8:30pm.

Porridge and a mug of tea about 45 minutes before if I am doing it first thing. Thursday's tend to be after work (except like today when I am on leave) so I have a banana about 4.45 with a view to be starting at 5.30 once home. Afterwards I just tend to drink a lot of water - I never feel like eating straight after.

Jeez - no matter how many times I do Wk1 Cardio - I still find it a killer! **shuffles off - "Nurse!"** :faint2:

4 weeks into Kettleworx and have lost 11 inches. Sadly the scales haven't budged but I'm looking and feeling better! Roll on weeks 5&6 :)

Woo Hoo - that's brilliant Baileygirl. Well done - give yourself an extra pat on the back! :D

emma_partington27 said:
I dont understand y i didnt lose any inches :( not even half an inch and i did it proper with a 7.5kg!
Started again so lets see if this time round losses me sum

You need to be patient. I was doing KWX for a good two to three months before I noticed any dramatic change, then suddenly things began to tighten up.

OH gave me a very backhanded compliment the other day, telling me I had the rear profile of someone 25 yrs younger! Didn't mention the front view! But at least he noticed some difference.

OH gave me a very backhanded compliment the other day, telling me I had the rear profile of someone 25 yrs younger! Didn't mention the front view! But at least he noticed some difference.

I think coming from a woman that could have been a backhanded compliment but from a man I think it's a very good one as they are not always known for noticing anything at all! :)

Back