Secret to shaping up

Mis-behave said:
I had my shoulder op on 22nd Aug 2012, repaired my labrum tears (front and back) and scraped end of my collar bone to give tendons bit more room, so a lot was done! Now 2 and a bit months on.. My range of movement is not great - but slowly getting there :)

Wanted to get back into an exercise class, I'm not to do any running, jumping, quick movements etc so that rules out Zumba - so asked Physio if it was ok to go to kettlercise class once a week .. I think my Physio guy thinks I'm a bit loopy lol :)

So was Really pleased that Physio has said it's ok to go to the kettercise class, and I'm ok to do bicep curls with a light weight (2kg).

When I went to the class I also managed to do suitcase dead lifts, and a few Kettlebell swings with the 2kg.. No pain during or after - phew - in my shoulder :) BUT OMG!! did my legs hurt over the next 2 days, 3 mths of no kettlercise - ouch - once you start swinging I advise do not stop lol

Oh course I'm going again on Monday :)
well done on getting back to it! Not sure where everyone is! It's been a bit quiet around here lately x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm still swinging in the shadows! Gradually working my way through Kettleworx again. Am amazed at how much more I can do with 8kg now. To think I had to use two hands to do a one arm press. Don't ask!

I have my son staying with me for a long weekend (27) and he came in whilst I was doing last 20mins of session. Sat quiet as a mouse in the corner of the room (unheard of) and commented at the end how impressed he was. It turns out he had been giving the bell a try the day before. Respect at last.

Well done Emma. You'll feel it after the first session or two but think of it doing you good. I have done week 4 resistance and cardio after a two week break and am struggling to climb the stairs. Boy, do I ache!

It's worth it though. Every time I look in the mirror I thank Ryan!

I lost all motivation in october and since ive not been able to get back into anythin and hav put on 12lbs :( not impressed so it has given me a swift kick up the bum lol

It just goes to show how fragile we are. I read somewhere that 99% of people put weight back on so the challenge is to find a way to be in the 1%. Wanting it badly is half of the battle.

Hi Everyone - just checking in to let you all know I'm still here but hardly on Minimims now as so busy. Damn life getting in the way! Still swinging although reduced down to 2 Core sessions per week as I've been doing the C25k. Finished that successfully on Saturday - cannot believe I can run for just short of 5k in 30 mins! My plan for between now and Christmas is to run twice and kettlebell twice a week. Still losing weight and trying to find a happy maintenance medium which is something I thought I would never say!

Love to all my fellow Swingers. xxx

Hi Everyone - just checking in to let you all know I'm still here but hardly on Minimims now as so busy. Damn life getting in the way! Still swinging although reduced down to 2 Core sessions per week as I've been doing the C25k. Finished that successfully on Saturday - cannot believe I can run for just short of 5k in 30 mins! My plan for between now and Christmas is to run twice and kettlebell twice a week. Still losing weight and trying to find a happy maintenance medium which is something I thought I would never say!

Love to all my fellow Swingers. xxx

Go you :) when I'm back up to normal ( what ever that is lol!!) speed - I want to start the 25k maybe come spring/ summer - have started 2 x kettlercise a week Monday morn and Thursday evening .. Gives me a 3 day repair and rebuild and relax muscles in between - takes me 3 days to get over aches and pains at the moment!

Also reading Marks Daily Apple - I have come to the conclusion that less is more, and quality over qty - I think adding in some of the 25k at a later date will be a good thing :)

HELLOOooooooooo

Where has everyone gone?

We'll I'm still kettlebelling away, put on a few lbs over Xmas but nearly back to what I was.

I bought to 10kg bell but not tried it yet.

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Hi all, I have been reading through all the kettlebell forum's and googled my eyes out and would love to try it, I've seen through various comments thats Kettleworx seems popular but is this advisable for a beginner that does no exercise at all and has alot of weight to lose. Is 1 ball enough or would I need various weights or is there a beginner ball weight any feedback would be greatly appreciated . . . . Thankyou

Hi all, I have been reading through all the kettlebell forum's and googled my eyes out and would love to try it, I've seen through various comments thats Kettleworx seems popular but is this advisable for a beginner that does no exercise at all and has alot of weight to lose. Is 1 ball enough or would I need various weights or is there a beginner ball weight any feedback would be greatly appreciated . . . . Thankyou

Hiya

I started as a complete beginner after having had a c section. You will ache like mad the first few times but you just need to listen to ur body. Most people start with a 5kg weight and move up from there when ready. I made the mistake originally and bought a 5lb one it really was too light.
Best bell to go for would be an iron one as vinyl can be too bulky, I got mine from tesco and it was about £10. If you didn't want to invest in the kettleworx programme straight away there are plenty of you tube videos to get you started x

Omg, I have had 3 months out and finally caved in to my inner trainer and dusted off my bells today!
Thought I would break back in gently with fast fat burn and fast abs, managed a total of about 7 minutes of the 10 minute DVD and didn't even attempt fast abs!
Hadn't realised how much I had achieved until I realised how unfit I have become!!

It's a killer when you start back but at least you feel like you've done something the next day xxx

Im promising to do 3 lots ov kettlebells this week really need to get back into it!

Come on Emma! You can do it!
I've not done for the last as I always workout with my stepsister and my brother in law watches all the kids. But his brother died suddenly last week and it's really knocked us all out of kilter x

I definitely do today Ouch!! lol

Sorry to hear about your brother :-( xxx

Aw thanks it was my brother in laws brother, so I didn't really know him but he was only 45 with no known health probs so was quite a shock for everyone xxx

Hi

The more I read about kettleworx the more I feel it could be something I'd enjoy & stick to. Argos sell 2 sets - the 6 week body transformation & 5lb kettlebell for £59.99 or the advanced training program & 10lb kettlebell for £49.99. I think the 5lb kettlebell would be too light but will the advanced training program be too hard?? Never done kettlebells before.

Thanx

Hi

The more I read about kettleworx the more I feel it could be something I'd enjoy & stick to. Argos sell 2 sets - the 6 week body transformation & 5lb kettlebell for £59.99 or the advanced training program & 10lb kettlebell for £49.99. I think the 5lb kettlebell would be too light but will the advanced training program be too hard?? Never done kettlebells before.

Thanx

I would definitely recommend the 10lb weight as a minimum. I started using kettlebells almost a year ago after reading about them on here. I was totally unfit and a real couch potato. I now use them at least 3 times a week and have progressed to 8kg or 20lbs. Would not be without it.

Good luck and enjoy it

Before investing £60 I would buy a 5kg bell from Tesco and use youtube for workouts.That way if you find you don't enjoy it you've only paid out £10 for the Kettlebell.:)

Yes I totally agree, I love the kettleworx set but I'd try online ones first, in fact week one cardio (from kettleworx) is on you tube xxx

Back