Secret to shaping up

Hi everyone! I just started doing kettleworx, I had tried one or two sessions long ago but then I gave in... Now I want to complete it! But... Where is everybody?? It seems so quiet here! It used to be so busy! I wanted to comment how much more difficult cardio is than core! I had a hard time completing it the first time and I repeated it, whereas with core it was really ok!

Hiya,
I think we're all still here, just not posting as much. Yes Cardio is a killer and Wk1 is the worst of them all. I always find core the easiest but hate that its 3 sets! you def gotta stick to it this time!!! What weight are you using?

I'm still swinging too! Regular as clockwork. Use 8kg weight which I now find fairly easy. Hard to look back and remember hardly being able to get the weight in the air for the half get up. Will complete weeks 5 and 6 then think about introducing next weight up.

In terms of discipline I keep telling myself it is only half an hour in total out of my day and I can do it at home. Where else could you get this good a workout in such a short time?

Do stay with it. The impact on your shape is second to none. Good luck

Thank you Daisy and Donzy!!! I started a foundation with 3 kg, about 6lbs and now I am using my 5kg! I just finished resistance week2 and I found it pleasantly (!) tough! I will try really hard not to let go this time as I am looking forward to see the changes and be just like you! I just have to get an iron cast kettlebell now as mine is vinyl coated and a little bulky! I am thinking of getting a traditional black bell and then paint its ball with a funky colour as I don't want a vinyl coating! What do you think? I will go for it in April to see what weight suits me more then! I love the fact that with 20-30 minutes 3 times per week I will get in shape!!! Keep in touch! Happy swinging!!

So... I am about to choose my second workout for week 2. It will either be core or cardio... I am leaning towards core since I fear cardio.... It will either be later today or tomorrow! I am so looking forward to getting a good looking body!!

So... I am about to choose my second workout for week 2. It will either be core or cardio... I am leaning towards core since I fear cardio.... It will either be later today or tomorrow! I am so looking forward to getting a good looking body!!

Did you manage to walk after first session? I still seize up after a really good workout. It takes a while for the effort to pay off but I definitely credit kettle bells with my new shape. Just wouldn't have been the same just losing weight.

When I first started, I did cardio and I wasn't able to finish it. I was sore for 3 days. Afterwards I did another DVD, the iron core way, which was lengthier but with many rests, so I did that for a couple of times (felt really tight afterwards, in a good way) and then jumped back to kettleworx with better results! There are exercises that manage to kill me though! Congratulations on your success! I do believe in kettlebell exercising a lot. I gave Zumba class a try earlier today and I was so puzzled... I couldn't follow... Kettlebells though is completely different! So simple and efficient! Keep swinging!!!

Hi everyone, I've been messing with kettlebells for a while and love them, I'm struggling to loose weight been doing SW this week I've been 100% and have done 20mins kettlebells every day, I feel better in my self but have put on a pound am I doing something wrong? Feeling really down a out this! Any help I would really apreciate. Happy swinging everyone x

Hi everyone, I've been messing with kettlebells for a while and love them, I'm struggling to loose weight been doing SW this week I've been 100% and have done 20mins kettlebells every day, I feel better in my self but have put on a pound am I doing something wrong? Feeling really down a out this! Any help I would really apreciate. Happy swinging everyone x

Were you exercising this much before? If you start a new regime (or increase the intensity or frequency) your muscles can retain water to protect themselves while they repair. Also sometimes results will be seen in your measurements before anything shows on the scale, so make sure you take them. :) Dunno about you but if I can fit into the size clothes I want to then I don't really care how much I weigh - within reason of course! :) Good for your for taking up such a healthy activity!

Also if you're doing SW make sure you are eating all your healthy extras and a good amount of syns as eating too little when exercising can actually be counterproductive. x

Thanks plumfoodie that makes me feel better, no wasn't doing as much exercise before( think I'm addicted to KB) Have left alone today as I'm even having trouble reaching the toilet, hard to squat lol. Have had Ha's and B's and sins too will just keep going and wait:) I do agree its nice to feel your body shaping I actually feel like I'm getting a waist back have a long way to go want to lose 20kg in all but not bothered if its less as long as I can shrink a bit :)

Think I'm going to dust mine off in the morning and start again they are very addictive and I love them am going on a bike ride today so will dust off in the morning keep going x

My boyfriend has started these again to try and encourage me to start swinging for another 6 weeks... I'm so bad that I was doing amazing and started to notice a huge difference and then I just got lazy and the worst thing is that they make you feel so good about yourself because the changes are so rapid but that niggly negative voice gets to me!

Resubscribing.

I know this thread hasn't been updated in a while but I've just read the whole lot and all of you guys are such an inspiration!!

I have just taken up kettlercise classes. Aiming to do 3 a week. I've done 3 so far and I can already feel the difference in my body shape. I love, love, love this workout!

I'm following SW as well but don't have too much to lose, and I'm more than happy to sacrifice numbers of the scale if I get more numbers off my measuring tape!

Back