SeeLuLu's 8 Week stint

Oh Gawd. Bloody tough night last night - excruciating hunger. Like, really, really bad. I guzzled water, had hot drinks, brushed my teeth. It was totally grim and painful - truly, felt painful.

I didn't cave in though but I am genuinely struggling. I don't feel like I am going to eat anything today or even tomorrow, but I am starting to have internal conversations about bringing forward my end date. I am really struggling on such low energy to think and function. I have a full-on job that requires me to be on the ball mentally and I know that some days I am struggling to think straight. This just isn't good.

My husband noticed this morning that I was struggling and he thinks I should switch to 4:3 sooner rather than later. I am battling with that in terms of feeling a failure... which is actually ridiculous, I know. I had in mind that I was doing 8 weeks and that was it. My husband thinks that I should: a - stop now; b - if not now, then set an end date of 1/2 term at the latest.

I am genuinely struggling to know what to do. How many times have I written the word 'struggling'? Lol!

So, I've had my protein meal and a bar and lots of talking with hubby. I was trying to explain to him that if I finish this before 8 weeks, I want it to be because that's what I have actively chosen and not because I have slipped up in some way. He can see that and totally agrees but thinks I should choose to end this phase sooner rather than later. It's not always easy to see things for yourself and the least I can do is take his concerns and thoughts seriously. I know that he can see me struggling - not with wanting chocolate or anything like that - actually struggling to function on a brain level!

I'm quite conscious of making sure I am not identified on this diary - as I value my anonymity in being able to say whatever I need to - but I genuinely do have a 'high powered' job. Sorry, I hate that phrase, but I can't think of anything else and I don't want to say exactly what it is! It needs me to be very focused.

I think my short term plan is to get through today and tomorrow and then make a decision tomorrow evening about when to move to 4:3. I want it to be a rational, planned, thought-through decision - not influenced by hunger or hormones!

Every day won't be like yesterday. Last weekend and Monday were so so tough for me. I really wanted to throw in the towel and so wanted to eat. By Tuesday it was much better. The mental fog will come and go too. I did notice that in the first few weeks in September but not at all since starting again after my Christmas break.

Bargaining with yourself is exhausting. Only you know what you can deal with and how hard it is but it is only 4 more weeks. You will survive and your losses probably be 3-4lbs a week instead of 1 or 2. Good luck with whatever you decide but I'd be inclined to decide sooner rather than later.

Back