SeeLuLu's 8 Week stint

Yup, I need to get that water down me too - let's make a pact to get glugging before WI number 4?!

Well done on getting almost half way through your challenge. The month has whizzed by for me and I need to remember that when it feels like this is taking forever. What is your plan after February?

I really am in awe of you keeping on this diet until your reach your goal weight. I think that mindset is incredible!

My plan after February is to do 4:3 for as long as possible. I did this when I came off a vlcd before and I continued to lose weight - yes, more slowly, but I did keep losing. At the moment, I am thinking of keeping going with 4:3 until I reach a BMI of 30. My long term plan is to maintain with 5:2. I have successfully maintained using fasting days - the weight only crept back on when I stopped intermittent fasting. So, I just need to keep doing it!

I'll be watching with interest when you get to the 4:3 days and then the 5:2 as I think I'd prefer this approach - some days eating what I want balanced with fasting days. Better than everyday counting calories and worrying about every little treat I let myself have. At least you can say 'today is an eating day, I can have this..' and 'today is a fasting day so packs only/500 cals or whatever :D

30 days to go - it must feel great to have a definite end date in sight :D

All trundling along OK with me. Good day today.

Lunch - cottage pie meal pack (not really enjoying these so trying to use them up!)
mid afternoon - shake
dinner - 1 low carb sausage, courgette, slim pasta and splash of soya sauce
evening snack - I'm going to have my very first bar! Not tried these before...

4 weeks today, I'll be on my final day! I can't believe I have done half off my stint already! On the home stretch now.

i have been feeling very, very low energy the last few days. I have been wondering if, after 4 weeks, my blood sugars have gone quite low now and I'm hoping that my body is making some of those really positive changes identified by the researchers who helped people on the Newcastle diet - has anyone read up about this? It makes for very interesting reading.

Ooo wich bar did u try? I luv the lemon, dark truffa and the mmaple bt then avain those r the onli ones iv tried so far lmaoo....u sound as tho uv had a gd day well done hun :) hpe ur well mwaahz with the cottage pie packs try n mke them into mini flat pakora type thing like mix onion and curry poweder n mushrooms etc in them n they quite tasty...if u add nuf wster to mke it into a thick paste n pop them in oven for abt 10-15 minz hun check on them til they brown :) quite fillin n tasty dno if tht wil help u wrk ur way thru them :) with yogurt either on top of each or on the side as a dip :) xx

Interesting stuff on the Newcastle diet. I used to work for Diabetes UK and I had to dodge the dietitians in the kitchen when making up my soups and shakes the first time I did this in 2008. Some were supportive but most were still sticking with the low fat, fruit and veg approach. Interesting that they are now funding a huge study on vlcd's. We all know anecdotally what this has done for people with diabetes so it will be interesting to have some firm, followed up research to back it up. I note that they consider the difficulty of doing a vlcd when actually so many of us find this so much more straightforward, sustainable and effective than standard healthy eating. I'd be interested to know what support they put in place and what they recommend for transition.

And thanks for reminding me of another condition I am hopefully keeping at bay. :)

Ooo wich bar did u try? I luv the lemon, dark truffa and the mmaple bt then avain those r the onli ones iv tried so far lmaoo....u sound as tho uv had a gd day well done hun :) hpe ur well mwaahz with the cottage pie packs try n mke them into mini flat pakora type thing like mix onion and curry poweder n mushrooms etc in them n they quite tasty...if u add nuf wster to mke it into a thick paste n pop them in oven for abt 10-15 minz hun check on them til they brown :) quite fillin n tasty dno if tht wil help u wrk ur way thru them :) with yogurt either on top of each or on the side as a dip :) xx

I tried the dark Truffaut last night and the maple/fruit/almond one tonight. Both yummy!

thanks for the ideas with the cottage pie pack - it's really the only meal pack I find just yuck.

Interesting stuff on the Newcastle diet. I used to work for Diabetes UK and I had to dodge the dietitians in the kitchen when making up my soups and shakes the first time I did this in 2008. Some were supportive but most were still sticking with the low fat, fruit and veg approach. Interesting that they are now funding a huge study on vlcd's. We all know anecdotally what this has done for people with diabetes so it will be interesting to have some firm, followed up research to back it up. I note that they consider the difficulty of doing a vlcd when actually so many of us find this so much more straightforward, sustainable and effective than standard healthy eating. I'd be interested to know what support they put in place and what they recommend for transition.

And thanks for reminding me of another condition I am hopefully keeping at bay. :)

Yeah, my mum was diagnosed T2 a few years ago and I have been really encouraging her to stop listening to the low fat, eat carbs advice - but then, I think she is of a generation that listened and obeyed the medical profession!

i haven't got diabetes but am really cautious because I am obviously very overweight and my mum has it. I have had various blood tests and all has been normal, but it's worth keeping an eye on, for me, I think.

The days just seem to be rolling on by at the moment. Another pretty dull food day!

cottage pie meal pack - surely there can't be many more of these in my box Lol?
shake mid afternoon
eggs, swede, courgette - it felt like 'egg and chips' - very yummy!
maple bar

WI number 4 tomorrow - expecting much smaller loss this week.... scales through the week have been much slower. It's all going down though, so not complaining at all.

Oh yup those bars r yummy hehe...yum n np abt the cottage pie idea hehe :) another thing u cud try tht i at the odd times do wen iv run too late in the day is mix it with sumat liek spicy spag n an oxo cube n chilli powder with kale mixed in it so the cottage pie taste is blended with the spicy spag :) xxx awww gd luck for weigh day tmo hun :) xx

Week 4 WI today and 3lbs lost this week. I'm really pleased with that as I thought I was on track for 2lbs.

Just feeling in the groove at the moment. Meal pack at lunch, shake mid afternoon, 2 egg omelette for tea with veg, bar just now.

My mouth still feels vlcd yucky - I've taken to stashing a travel toothbrush and paste in my handbag and giving them a quick brush every now and again. Dare not suck a mint after last time!

Lordy, I find weekends tough mentally.

I've just been to the village greengrocer's and done the week's fruit and veg shopping, then to the co-op for the odd few bits that we can't get in Aldi. My eldest is at cadet training this weekend and needs shed loads of food for his packed lunches! He'd is skinny as anything and needs food! Buying chocolate etc is never great fun on this diet. Ah well. Got to suck it up and get over it. I - and only I - am at fault for getting to this size, so this is the way it has to be.

Got home and put the shopping away and just sat down with a fizzy water. Keeping strong but finding it harder not to see the daily motivation of movement on the scales. I have total understanding that the scales won't move every day - I really do! Most of the time I can handle it just fine. But every now and then I find it hard - I think the combination of that, the weekend, the cold weather and possibly hormones playing up with TOTM on the way - may be what's making today feel hard.

Keep going. One day at a time. Just 25 days to go.

Lordy, I find weekends tough mentally. I've just been to the village greengrocer's and done the week's fruit and veg shopping, then to the co-op for the odd few bits that we can't get in Aldi. My eldest is at cadet training this weekend and needs shed loads of food for his packed lunches! He'd is skinny as anything and needs food! Buying chocolate etc is never great fun on this diet. Ah well. Got to suck it up and get over it. I - and only I - am at fault for getting to this size, so this is the way it has to be. Got home and put the shopping away and just sat down with a fizzy water. Keeping strong but finding it harder not to see the daily motivation of movement on the scales. I have total understanding that the scales won't move every day - I really do! Most of the time I can handle it just fine. But every now and then I find it hard - I think the combination of that, the weekend, the cold weather and possibly hormones playing up with TOTM on the way - may be what's making today feel hard. Keep going. One day at a time. Just 25 days to go.

U can do this hun ur soo close n those 25 days will fly byy relij quickly :) u wotn even notice it hehe n u wil b at goal ur doin reli well bt i knowt u mean abt non movement with the scales bt we can do this and we will dot his :) zxx

Just take one day/hour at a time Hun. Keep yourself busy with doing things than make you happy and comfortable. You can do it because you want to do it. You want to make a positive change in your life so look at each day with gratitude and satisfaction that you're one step closer to achieving your goals.

M x

Back