Self destruct button

sarahb2

Do any of you have a self destruct button? for some reason i keep pressing mine and trying to sabotage (sorry if that spelling is wrong!) my efforts why is that?? or am i just on my own here??????

No! I have a self destruct button too! Thoughts of 'Well I'll never be thin, so whats the point trying'
or 'I'll probably be left with saggy skin so why bother?' or
'I'll never stick to it so why bother!'
Fortunately, I have got a guardian angel who is fighting for me and reminding me of all the good things e.g. I love shopping when I'm smaller, I love not being the fattest person in a room etc
Stick with it babe!! You CAN do it!

Thanks, I was unwell on Monday so stuggled then back on it then today got home from work and house empty so the self destruck button was well and truly pushed and hit the carbs!! again why oh why when nearly back on track for 2 days!!!

Hi Sarah, we all have self destruct buttons, but the secret is to use some superglue and cover it with leather, so you can never press it.
Go on, superglue that button down hun and good luck.

Sarah, I know where you are coming from. With me I think its a confidence thing. Its easier to think I can't do things because of my weight and how I might look than try and fail. But it becomes so much of a habit you don't realise you are doing it. We have all taken the first steps to break this habit.
When I feel like sabotaging now I either visualise the food as lumps of fat or I actually get a handful of my flabby belly and think of that food adding to it.
Works for me!!!

I always seem to sabotage myself, I've now on my 8th week and struggling because I'm missing eating with the family. The only thing keeping me going is my short term goals. I'm going to a wedding in April and on holiday at the end of May and hoping to be near my goal weight for then, but everyday I pick - only small slices of cooked meat and never chocolate. I don't know how people lose weight if they are following the other low cal diets having shakes and eating a meal.
Ive been very good today and havent picked at all, so Im going to bed early!!

Back