Self-Help Books

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
I was wondering is anyone can suggest any good Self-Help books? I am thinking along the lines of confidence, self esteem and having a more posititve outlook on life and what can be achieved with this. I am working on improving all these areas in my life but it would be nice to have a bit of guidance.

Any reccomendations would be very much appreciated. There were too many books for me to choose from when i was in Watersotnes today and i felt like buying all of them , lol.

I'm also interested in feel good novels.

xx :)

The only ones I can think of at the mo are 'How to get what you want & want what you have' I can't remember who it's by but his surname begins with C (I think:cool:) and The Power of Positive Thinking, really can't remember who wrote that one.

You're right there are so many to chose from & I've bought some of the not so good ones.

The only ones I can think of at the mo are 'How to get what you want & want what you have' I can't remember who it's by but his surname begins with C (I think:cool:) and The Power of Positive Thinking, really can't remember who wrote that one.

You're right there are so many to chose from & I've bought some of the not so good ones.

Hey, thanks for your reply :). I will google the books you have mentioned and read the reviews.

I've heard that 'Ultimate Confidence' by Marisa Peer is good too so i might look into that :)

Thanks again for your reply :) xx

"How to stop worrying and start living" - Dale Carnegie. Conversational style and easy reading - his books tend to be

It helped with my worrying which in turn lead to confidence and positive outlook - all this and I've only got to chapter 6. When I'm more content I tend to have higher esteem

xxx

i'm quite an anthony robbins fan myself.
great motivational stuff!
he's all about finding the power within yourself.
at the moment i'm re-reading(in little bursts)'awaken the giant within'.
he also does cd's dvd's etc,though they can be a bit pricey for me.
he did a whole cd/dvd course called 'ultimate power'.i ordered it off qvc years ago,and it was so good,but i ended up sending it back cos i really should'nt have spent the money on it:giggle:
i still keep my eyes open for a cheap second hand copy of the set!
good luck with your book shopping.:D

Thank you all for your suggestions, i will look into all the books you have mentioned and read the reviews.

I picked up a few pocket books the other day about being more positive. I think i'll get stuck into something more heavy after Ramadhan when i have the time. I'm also looking for books with activities and worksheets to work through because i like that sort of thing.

Thanks again xx

Hey, i know this thread is old but can anyone suggest any books to help with blushing?

I know its to do with self confidence, but i don't really know which book covers the topic of blushing.

I tend to blush all the time and i'm working through trying to find the reasons to why i blush and how to change my thinking about it but i'm struggling to do this on my own without any guidlines (like exercies, CBT etc.).

I would appreciate any suggestions :) xx

I am lazy and haven't read it yet but i have overcoming low self esteem 3 part course is 3 books on self esteem based on cbt. Melanie Fennel is the author

sorry

Last edited:
I know this thread is old and I don't really know any books to help with blushing, but I'm reading this book by Mireille Guiliano called "Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire." It's about making the most out of work without missing out on life. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Ultimate Confidence my Peer is first class, It's a really great book also has some great scripts for getting yourself in the right place for job interviews (I used it to secure my current job !) really reccomend it. Anthony Robbins - Personal Power II (audio course) is also really really good.

I'm reading Change your life with CBT at the moment by Sweet, and that has some good stuff in it, am yet to get to the chapter on confidence though. But if you want to understand why you behave in certain ways / feel the way you do in certain situations, then i'd really recommend it!

lol I was gonna start a new thread called what's the best self help book you've ever read and now I don't need to! I've been reading reviews of various books on Amazon atm, Potatoes Not Prozac is looking good, all about sugar addiction.

Back